• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The reason why Fable 2 is the best game ever.

Reaction score
You are probably wondering why Fable 2 is the best game ever.

Well, let me fill you in with 10 top reasons.

1) For anyone who is a Fan of Discworld you will be very familiar with Ankh Morpork. When I read my beloved Discworld books it is clear that the LH developers were fans of sir Terry's world. With a very similar feel in the comedy parts of the game.
2) The combat although simple is class isn't it. Come on. Isn't it? admit it. admit it. Fun isn't it. told yah.
3) The dog. Bloody hell I love that dog. At the end tho. When that thing happens. My heart explodes every time.
4) The mystery. That strange note left by Rose. The demon doors. The other realms. Wraithmarsh. The ruined guild. The unanswered questions.
5) The cast. Fry as reaver surely is the best casting since eric idle as Rincewind in the original Discworld game.
6) The customisation. Ever to this day all my playthroughs, I end up with a completely different character.
7) The lore expansion. In f2 is where I feel Albion expanded to give you more info on the world and characters.
8) the cheeky statues. I still do impressions of them daily at work.
9) The sheer number of swords I have made early in the game to become mega-rich before doing many of the main questions probably exceed a millions swords easy.
10) The music makes my soul cry happy tears.

Let's face it guys f2 is the best game ever.

Gimme some more reasons below.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable II has always been my favourite of the series for sure.

As for more reasons - I’d probably say for me that it holds a lot of good memories. I enjoyed Fable: TLC but II really made me love it and brought me to this forum eventually. And the rest is history!

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
2: Totes!

3: Same! Despite the ramifications of each choice not being super radically different (to memory), I really appreciated that even just between my wife, we both had (and have!) very different attitudes to the choices available. Loved it!

4: Intriguing! I can't remember much about those plot threads but have felt a return to replay Fable 2.

5: Fry most certainly is da man!

6: I remember going full Master Chief armour every playthrough just to get my money's worth from the Limited Edition. I probably missed out on a lot!

8: My wife and I still routinely recite, 'The time is... very late!'

10: I need to relisten to the OST. How do you feel it compares to The Lost Chapters soundtrack?