• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The secret to Morphing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XjrodX

Reaction score
People seem to have this misconception that weapons morph based on what you do, well I'm sorry to tell you all thus but Morphs are completely random and if they have anything to do with your actions it is very minor so here is the secret to getting any morph.

Step 1: Save your game!!

Step 2: Open your chest for weapon upgrade.

Step 3: Check your weapon if you don't like it reset your xbox and repeat 1-3.

The morph will usually be different every single time you do this. The only thing I cannot confirm is if you have to do what is written on the morph atleast once.

Reaction score
People seem to have this misconception that weapons morph based on what you do, well I'm sorry to tell you all thus but Morphs are completely random and if they have anything to do with your actions it is very minor so here is the secret to getting any morph.

Step 1: Save your game!!

Step 2: Open your chest for weapon upgrade.

Step 3: Check your weapon if you don't like it reset your xbox and repeat 1-3.

The morph will usually be different every single time you do this. The only thing I cannot confirm is if you have to do what is written on the morph atleast once.
I read this somewhere b4. are you confident?

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
I can confirm this, i was in the RTR and opened the second ranged chest, then before leaving i went to my sanctuary. My pistol had the lame bone handle and my rifle had the chest hunting one that is all gold and ornate, i thought the pistol looked like crap so i used the xbox button to go to dash and reloaded my game.

I then returned to the RTR and opened the same chest again and again checked my guns, my pistol and rilfe both had the chest hunting handles.

So yep it works. just wish i had done it on my sword...

Reaction score
I can confirm this, i was in the RTR and opened the second ranged chest, then before leaving i went to my sanctuary. My pistol had the lame bone handle and my rifle had the chest hunting one that is all gold and ornate, i thought the pistol looked like crap so i used the xbox button to go to dash and reloaded my game.

I then returned to the RTR and opened the same chest again and again checked my guns, my pistol and rilfe both had the chest hunting handles.

So yep it works. just wish i had done it on my sword...
o ok

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
I am currently using this technique to catalogue the weapon morphs of stage 3 that affect the blade/barrel/hammer head of the weapons and adding them to the fable wiki. Feel free to check it out.

x339

Reaction score
This is good information, thank you for telling me so I can use this technique

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
So far i am yet to get a morph for something i did not do, i have got them for things i did once or twice but never for something entirely random, wish it pulled from your most appropriate morph that related to your actions at least, understandably some of them wouldnt require you to do it as many times as others (being a parent in comparison to say killing wolves... unless your just that horny lol) but unfortunately that isnt the case. maybe its just a glitch that needs patching,
heres to hoping!

initialrt

Town Dust
Reaction score
I am currently using this technique to catalogue the weapon morphs of stage 3 that affect the blade/barrel/hammer head of the weapons and adding them to the fable wiki. Feel free to check it out.
yay!

The Dragon

Reaction score
Just unlocked level 3 melee weapons and got "Your popularity among villagers has given your weapon a saintly look." This is on my evil character, where I'm regularly called a terrible murderer, etc. x_x Seems pretty random to me...

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
Lol damn, that may have thrown my theory out the window, although i still believe all it takes is for you to fulfil the requirements once. You may at some stage have been popular, perhaps it even counts when you first save the dwellers? It will be at least a week until all of this is confirmed i think.

initialrt

Town Dust
Reaction score
Just unlocked level 3 melee weapons and got "Your popularity among villagers has given your weapon a saintly look." This is on my evil character, where I'm regularly called a terrible murderer, etc. x_x Seems pretty random to me...
can you snap a quick picture of that blade for me? Ive been trying to find a pic of the 'saintly' morph forevverr

edit: or at least just describe it :)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
This is how morphing definitely works:

• When you perform a task which unlocks a Morph, it is added in a "Morph Pool".
  • When you go to Road to Rule and upgrade Melee, Ranged or Magic you will get a single, randomly chosen Morph from your "Morph Pool".
  • It is totally random. You might've killed billions of innocents, but as long as you've done some good stuff to unlock the Saintly Morph the chances are 50/50 for both Morphs.
  • You're stuck with this Morph forever.
Generally speaking; it sucks.

Reaction score
On my first Hero i managed to get the colouring of my hammer and pistole RED, i was just wondering if anyone knew just when this happens (what level) so i have look about with the morph pool

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
It goes:
1st = runes
2nd=hilt
3rd=blade/barrel
4th=colour
5th=aura

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
I ended up with a pretty cool sword on my second play-through. Second because in my first playthrough, the sword looked AWFUL. :lol:
Basicly,
  • I flourished ALOT. Against enemies or against thin air. This made my blade curved and jagged.
  • I opened alot of chests, when and wherever I could. Gave a gold handle.
  • I used Fireball ALOT. Especially against Hollow Men, to avoid Bone designs. Added an intricate design.
  • The use of Fireball also gave another bonus in the form of a Fire Aura at level 5.
It looked really good, however it didn't seem to be very powerful (damage-wise). It was my first succesful morph, and it was pretty much all intentional.
My advice would be as follows;
  1. Start excercising whatever criteria you wish to fulfil, to gain the design you expect.
  2. Save before you buy the Melee Upgrade.
  3. If you don't like how it turned out, reload save, and don't purchase the upgrade.
  4. Repeat the process. (Fulfil criteria, save, purchase)
This is how it worked for me anyways. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.