• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The singing sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Bard

If somebody knows something about the singing sword post!

This is a photo of the singing sword i have found in the internet. Nice photoshop work!!!

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: The singing sword

Hey The_Bard,

This is somewhat surprising, we haven't officially opened the place yet and already we have traffic haha... The official opening isn't for another week. Hope you don't mind my asking but how did you find the place? ^_^

Anywho, back on topic: here's an excerpt taken from another source regarding the Singing Sword:

Many believe there to be a sword in Fable called the Singing Sword. If you notice in many of the taverns there is a bard who will sing for you if you give him 10 gold. This all seems very weird because there seems to be no point in him being in Fable.

However people with modded xboxs found some commands to a hidden quest called The Talentless Bard, OBJECT_QUEST_CARD_TALENTLESS_BARD, that is the game command for the bard quest.

This would make sense about the bard being tied into the singing sword since bards sing and are all about music.
By the way, welcome! :)

T

The_Bard

Helo projectego,
I have found the place by acident in 1 of my google searchs.
1 of my personal quests is find the truth about the singing sword, so when i found this forum i started this thread because i thinked this was a great place to start my search.(sorry my bad inglish, i'm portuguese:p )

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Heh, I'm just glad you managed to find us! I'm just finishing up writing the last of the content for the main page (shouldn't take longer then a week) then I intend to advertise the place a little so hopefully there will be plenty of people to discuss Fable - The Lost Chapters with. Hope you stick around. :cool:

And don't be silly, your English is fine! ;)

T

The_Bard

Good work whit your main page projectego!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Wow a member without opening that must be a personal best :lol: Hello there anyway, and welcome.

T

The_Bard

This is a quote of an interview of Peter Molyneux to GameSpot where he talks about the Singing Sword:
PM: And you're not going to experience the whole game as you should do, if you chose to go straight through. Fable's got very, very high replayability. Most people I've spoken to will play it once, and they'll play it as an evil character and they'll go back and play it as a good character. It's a different sort of experience and you've got different sorts of challenges, different sorts of weapons, different sorts of fighting and combat. But, when I am playing through for the second time, you know, I wanted it to be fairly punchy. The first time I don't mind it being normal. I don't mind meandering through it. The second time I want it to be very punchy. And again, when you're finished the story you can still play in the world. If you let the credits run, you just find yourself a world and you can go out and do things like find the Singing Sword. There are lots of things you can still do with it.

To view all the interview use this link:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6106400.html?q=Peter Molyneux

T

The_Bard

In 1 of my recent searchs in the net i have found some information that seems appoint to the fact of the singing sword dont be an weapon but a trophie
( maybe the reward of that mystirious quest "The_Talentless_Bard")

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Would make a nice trophy hanging on the wall of my Oakvale house. ^_^

Strange though, in the screenshot you attached to your first post Bard, it is listed under the weapons menu and says it's damage capability is 1,000! Even the Sword of Aeons power is only 230!

T

The_Bard

I think that picture its a joke from someone whit a great imagination and many abilities using photoshop( or not ...:ninja: ).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

The_Bard said:
I think that picture its a joke from someone whit a great imagination and many abilities using photoshop( or not ...:ninja: ).

Who knows?? :ninja: Peter Molyneux has done stranger things in his time so....

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yeah, but Peter did mention that we could find the sword. Though, my bets are on that it's just a trophie, but it still would be neat to have it.

C

Camiel

Hello guyes

1 of my friends have the game 2 and he has met some bard in the game after the 1st time of defeating jack, he was going to knothole glade and he met a strange bard before the cirkel for the archery competition, it was a bard that was walking just everywere he payed money and the bard begon to sing and after that he askey if it was good and my friend sad no (becouse he can't sing ofcourse) but he had chique clothes and a long beard, after that he never saw him again and i asked him and he never knowed someting of a talentless bard but that was the talentless bard and some other people says that thes has seen that bard in knothole glad so it maybe is true.:blush: :cool: ^_^ :D

grs camiel

(i dont speak verry wel english couse i am 13 and dutch)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Camiel said:
Hello guyes

1 of my friends have the game 2 and he has met some bard in the game after the 1st time of defeating jack, he was going to knothole glade and he met a strange bard before the cirkel for the archery competition, it was a bard that was walking just everywere he payed money and the bard begon to sing and after that he askey if it was good and my friend sad no (becouse he can't sing ofcourse) but he had chique clothes and a long beard, after that he never saw him again and i asked him and he never knowed someting of a talentless bard but that was the talentless bard and some other people says that thes has seen that bard in knothole glad so it maybe is true.:blush: ^_^ :D

grs camiel

(i dont speak verry wel english couse i am 13 and dutch)

The rumours are flying now! Nice to see its not just been classed as flat out false and some people actually believe the rumours and have seen weird things to add to them.

Welcome to the forums by the way, you speak better english than i do dutch :lol: hope you enjoy your time on our forums.

T

The_Bard

A "strange bard"... I have already read somehere about a Bard that only appears at a certain time of the day(maybe in Knothole Glade) but i have never find it.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

But it still is a mystery as to whether the sword be truth, or the fact that it could be a weapon or it could be a trophie. We must do our best to unravel this mystery/rumor.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

This Fable rumour is very interesting, I will investigate further. :)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

As will I; we will uncover the truth for the good of all Fable players. For me, I shall take a different way of searching for it, I shall consult the great "Mushroom of Truth".

S

souls4me

tried going there immediatly after beating jack but before going to the guild and...................nothing. unless it happens later i think its another false rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.