• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Weapon Morph Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Okay, I think this should pretty much be the definitive list. I created a new character, leveled him to well past becoming King of Albion before morphing my weapons and built up a repertoire of every possible action I could think of to ensure the largest possible pool of potential morphs, then spent about 8 hours or so repeatedly upgrading my weapons until nothing new popped for nearly an hour. The catalog may be missing some descriptors for the various morphs, but I'm fairly confident that every possible weapon morph, colour and aura is at least represented.
First things first...

ALWAYS save before evolving your weapons! You can come and go from the Sanctuary as much as you like; the game won't auto-save until you actually leave the Road to Rule. So if you don't get the morph(s) that you had your eyes on the first time, you can simply quit to the Xbox Dashboard, reload the game and try again until you do.
Secondly, weapon morphs are always linear. Melee Upgrade Lvl 2 will ALWAYS evolve your weapon's handle, for example, and Melee Lvl 3 will ALWAYS evolve your weapon's blade/head and so on with Colour and Auras respectively.
Third, it seems that many different morphs oddly share the same activating descriptions.
Lastly, not every morph "set" seems to encompass all 4 weapon types as far as I can tell (some only seem to apply to 2 or 3) and any weapon morph featured by a DLC or Pre-order Bonus weapon seems not to be available for the normal Hero Weapons even if they seem to be part of an existing morph "set". These include:

[*]The Bloodstone Bludgeon (Bone Hammer)
[*]The Absolver
[*]The Channeler (Crystal Sword)
[*]The Inquisitor (Clockwork Sword)
[*]Shardborne
[*]The Champion
I was unable to get ANY of those unique weapon morphs to appear, and it stands to reason that any weapon added as DLC would not have it's morph present in the default pool.

Now on to the morphs...
HANDLES
Arcane
Handle_HammerArcane.jpg

• [*]The handle on your weapon has responded to your use of the Fireball spell by adopting a more arcane design.
    • Kill enemies with Flame magic.
    [*]The handle on your weapon has responded to your use of the Shock spell by adopting a more arcane design.
    • Kill enemies with Shock magic.
Bone

Handle_HammerBone.jpg

• [*]Your victories over hollow men have transformed the handle of your weapon into a bone-like substance.
    • Kill Hollow Men.
    [*]Your fragility in combat is echoed in your weapon's bone handle.
    • Get knocked out in combat.
Ornate

Handle_HammerOrnate.jpg

• [*]Your chest-hunting skills have mutated the handle of your weapon.
    • Open chests.
Elegant

Handle_HammerElegant.jpg

• [*]Your generosity has caused your weapon's handle to mutate.
    • Donate gold to beggars.
    [*]Your positive attitude to other people has transformed the handle of your weapon.
    • Become friends with villagers.
WEAPONS

Ornate
Weapon_HammerOrnate.jpg

• [*]Your weapon has responded to your ability to make money by becoming more intricately designed. (Hammer)
    • Amass a large quantity of gold.
    [*]The time you have spent with your weapon has affected it's physical make up. (Hammer, Sword, Pistol)
    • Have the weapon equipped?
    [*]Your prowess with combat magic has mutated your weapon's appearance. (Hammer, Sword, Pistol)
    • Kill enemies with magic.
    [*]Your feats in combat have caused your weapon to become more exotic. (Sword, Pistol)
    • Perform melee or ranged flourishes.
Organic

Weapon_HammerOrganic.jpg

• [*]Your aggressive attitude to other people is mirrored in your weapon's evil design. (Hammer)
    • Make villagers hate you.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your social skills by changing it's appearance. (Hammer, Sword)
    • Perform negative expressions toward villagers.
    [*]Your weapon has adapted it's appearance to reflect your criminal activities. (Sword)
    • Commit crimes (theft, murder, etc)
Bone

Weapon_SwordBone.jpg

• [*]Your cruelty to chickens has made your weapon acquire a more malevolent appearance. (Sword)
    • Kick chickens.
    [*]Your aggressive attitude to other people is mirrored in your weapon's evil design. (Sword, Pistol, Rifle)
    • Make villagers hate you.
    [*]Your weapon's appearance reflects your penchant for murder. (Pistol, Rifle)
    • Kill villagers/soldiers.
Balverine

Weapon_SwordBalverine.jpg

• [*]Your treasure-hunting abilities have transformed the design of your weapon. (Sword, Pistol, Rifle)
    • Open chests, locate dig and dive spots.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your use of gold by becoming more intricately designed. (Sword, Pistol)
    • Spend gold.
    [*]Your weapon has responded to your ability to make money by becoming more intricately designed. (Sword, Pistol, Rifle)
Clockwork (w/ Scope)

Weapon_HammerClockwork.jpg

• [*]Your treasure-hunting abilities have transformed the design of your weapon. (Hammer)
    [*]Your feats in combat have caused your weapon to become more exotic. (Hammer, Rifle)
    • Perform melee or ranged flourishes.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your use of gold by becoming more intricately designed. (Hammer, Rifle)
    • Spend gold.
    [*]Your cruelty to chickens has made your weapon acquire a more malevolent appearance. (Pistol)
    • Kick chickens.
    [*]Your weapon has adapted it's appearance to reflect your criminal activities. (Pistol, Rifle)
    • Commit crimes (theft, murder, etc).
    [*]The time you have spent with your weapon has affected it's physical make up. (Rifle)
    • Have the weapon equipped?
    [*]Your prowess with combat magic has mutated your weapon's appearance. (Rifle)
    • Kill enemies with magic.
Onyx

Weapon_HammerOnyx.jpg

• [*]Your weapon's appearance reflects your penchant for murder. (Hammer)
    [*]Your weapon has adapted it's appearance to reflect your criminal activities. (Hammer, Rifle)
    [*]Your cruelty to chickens has made your weapon acquire a more malevolent appearance. (Hammer, Rifle)
    • Kick chickens.
Crystal

Weapon_HammerCrystaline.jpg

• [*]Your weapon responded to your parenthood by adopting a more virtuous appearance. (Hammer)
    • Have a child (biological or adopted).
    [*]Your ability to make friends is reflected in your weapon's design. (Hammer, Pistol)
    • Make friends with villagers.
    [*]The love of your family has transformed the pattern on your weapon. (Pistol, Rifle)
    • Earn your family's love.
Elegant

Weapon_SwordElegant.jpg

• [*]Your popularity among villagers has given your weapon a saintly look. (Sword, Pistol, Rifle)
    [*]Your weapon has responded to your parenthood by adopting a more virtuous appearance. (Sword, Pistol, Rifle)
    • Have a child (biological or adopted).
    [*]The love you have inspired in the hearts of others has transformed the design of your weapon. (Pistol, Rifle)
    • Make villagers fall in love with you.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your social skills by changing it's appearance. (Pistol, Rifle)
    • Perform positive expressions toward villagers.
Angelic

Weapon_HammerAngelic.jpg

• [*]Your popularity among villagers has given your weapon a saintly look. (Hammer)
    [*]The love you have inspired in the hearts of others has transformed the design of your weapon. (Hammer, Sword)
    • Make villagers fall in love with you.
    [*]The love of your family has transformed the pattern on your weapon. (Hammer, Sword)
    • Earn your family's love.
    [*]Your ability to make friends is reflected in your weapon's design. (Sword)
COLOURS

Black
  • [*]Your prowess against wolves has turned your weapon black.
    • Kill wolves.
Silver

• [*]Your marriage to another Hero has made your weapon adopt a silver hue.
    • Marry another Hero via Xbox LIVE or Co-op.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your generosity toward your family by adopting a silver colour.
    • Pay a large amount of family upkeep/give gifts to your children.
Golden

• [*]Your weapon has responded to your fortune by adopting a golden tint.
    [*]Your ability to make gold has caused your weapon to turn a golden colour.
Steel

• [*]Your success in combat against mercenaries has imbued your weapon with a steel tint.
    • Kill Mercenaries.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your fondness for diving by adopting a steel colour.
    • Dive for treasure.
Copper

• [*]Your weapon has adopted a copper hue in response to the great number of Guild Seals you have earned.
    • Amass a large number of Guild Seals.
    [*]Your digging abilities have dyed your weapon a copper hue.
    • Dig for treasure.
    [*]Your cruel talent for chicken kicking has imbued your weapon with a copper colour.
    • Kick chickens.
Bronze

• [*]Your weapon has reacted to your landlord skills by exhibiting a bronze tint.
    • Earn gold from rental properties.
    [*]Your haggling ability has made your weapon turn a shade of bronze.
    • Successfully haggle on shop items.
Red

• [*]Your business acumen in the property market has turned your weapon red.
    • Earn gold from shops.
Green

• [*]Your weapon has reacted to your unquenchable thirst for potions by becoming green.
    • Consume many health potions.
    [*]Your eating habits have effected your weapon. It has turned a shade of green.
    • Consume many vegetables.
Purple

• [*]Your sexual adventures have had an effect on your weapon. It has adopted a purple hue.
    • Engage in sex with several different partners.
AURAS

Ethereal (Gray smoke)
  • [*]Your questing adventures have imbued your weapon with an ethereal aura.
    • Complete many quests.
    [*]Your victories over Logan's soldiers have made your weapon glow with an ethereal aura.
    • Kill Elite Soldiers.
Darkness (Inky black smoke)

• [*]Your victories over shadows have imbued your weapon with an aura of darkness.
    • Kill Shadows.
    [*]Your defeat of minions has caused your weapon to adopt an aura of darkness.
    • Kill Minions.
Sparkling (White glow & sparkles)

• [*]Your weapon has reacted to you adopting a child by emitting a sparkling aura.
    • Adopt a child.
    [*]Your long journeys have made your weapon glow with a sparkling aura.
    • Travel to many different areas?
Golden (Gold dust & sparkles)

• [*]Your skill at hunting down treasure has given your weapon a golden aura.
    [*]Your hardworking ethic has imbued your weapon with a golden aura.
    • Earn a large amount of gold from working jobs (Lute playing, Pie making, Blacksmithing).
Flaming (Flames)

• [*]Your command of an unweaved Fireball spell has imbued your weapon with an aura of flames.
    • Kill enemies with unweaved Flame magic.
    [*]Your victories over mercenary leaders have given your weapon an aura of flames.
    • Kill Mercenary Leaders.
Lightning (Cloudy w/ electric discharges)

• [*]Your command of the Shock spell has imbued your weapon with an aura of lightning.
    • Kill enemies with unweaved Shock magic.
    [*]Your impressive victories over sentinels has made your weapon glow with an aura of lightning.
    • Kill Sentinels.
Poison (Green smoke)

• [*]Your criminal activities have given your weapon a venomous aura.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your venereal disease by adopting a venomous aura.
    • Catch an STD.
Blood (Smoke & dripping blood)

• [*]Your slaughter of balverines has made your weapon glow with a blood-soaked aura.
    • Kill Balverines.
    [*]Your massacre of sand furies has given your weapon a blood-soaked aura.
    • Kill Sand Furies.
    [*]Your weapon has reacted to your slaughter of innocent people by adopting a blood-soaked aura.

Enjoy folks, if anything like this has been posted I'm unaware. Also I could not post all the images of the weapons due to the 20 image limit :(

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Can you post the other pictures ? (In a Comment ...)

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I'd like to take this opportunity to add to your guide by dispelling a few myths and hopefully help players customize their weapons they way they want them to look. I'll address some common questions based on my research.

Question: How do I make my sword longer/thicker?
Contrary to some of the opinions I've read, swords do not get longer regardless of how much you do or don't use flourish attacks. It doesn't work that way. Your style of fighting has no effect on the blade. The length of a sword is entirely dependent on which hilt morph you get for your sword, and even then the sword won't really be all that much longer or shorter. The cutlass hilts (Bone & Ornate) have slightly shorter blades than the crossguard hilts (Arcane & Elegant.)

Question: Why didn't my weapon change color at level 4?
Some (in fact, most) hilts and blades/hammers have parts (a lot of parts) of them that do not change color and it results in a weapon that doesn't look all that different from its neutral (uncolored) form. Hammers are especially guilty of this and difficult to color in any noticeable way. The Arcane Hilt, for example, changes color very visibly. It's large oval crystal embedded into it will be completely dyed whatever color you receive as your level 4 morph. The color of the Arcane Hilt has nothing to do with what spells you use the most, it's the morph that decides its color. The Ornate Hilt, for example, will not be completely dyed whatever color you receive.

Question: Why did I get [insert morph] when I barely ever did that?
Weapon morphs are randomly generated, which is why we are able to reload and try again to get the one we want. What matters is 'qualifying' for a morph. If you've killed enough Hollowmen to 'qualify' for the Bone Hilt, then it becomes possible for you to receive it. You cannot ever kill too many Hollowmen and make it so you'll only get the Bone Hilt. It is always a random selection between all of the morphs you qualify for.

Question: Do Heroic weapons have their own augments?
This, I do not know, but I have thought about it quite a bit. Their descriptions give no hint as to whether this is true or not, and they have the lowest attack power of any weapon in the game. However, if you morph a pistol or rifle's muzzle into that of a blunderbuss, it will fire a shotgun blast instead of a standard single bullet. Is this the extent of their available modifications? I'm not willing to discount the possibility of Heroic weapons possessing different (hidden) effects based on their colors/auras. Unless, of course, it's been documented somewhere that they don't. In which case there's nothing more to say on the subject. Anyone else have any theories or notice anything strange about their Heroic weapons while using them?

SebClem

Reaction score
i can't believe it. I got veneral disease and turned my rifle green, but I haven't had an STD!!!!!!!!!

so ****ed i didn't save before I got the aura, i was too excited after finally getting 100 guild seals....

Epiternal

Reaction score
Darn, why did I not see this a day earlier, would have answered a lot of questions I had...Well never again *favourites*

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
i can't believe it. I got veneral disease and turned my rifle green, but I haven't had an STD!!!!!!!!!

so ****ed i didn't save before I got the aura, i was too excited after finally getting 100 guild seals....
I hate to tell you this man... but the game saves whenever you enter the Road to Rule. You could have reloaded and not lost any progress.

Gregory

Reaction score
Does anyone know the necessary number of chests you must open to obtain the Ornate Hilt?
I've tried and tried again and again, and I always end up with either the Bone Hilt or the Elegant Hilt.

Infinity529

Reaction score
Also on my rifle it says because of my divorce the tip of my rifle now has black smoke. And I only had one divorce

Combaticus

Reaction score
U've kinda left out some blades. the beadles cutles the love sword and the thunder blade. what is considered getting the people to like u i thik that is what once got me a b cutlass?

Combaticus

Reaction score
i am not sure im happy that i am gonna need a kinect to play fable journey

G

Guest 7310

thats my problem weeks ago i was buying weapons in aurora and jaspers voice came up about my weapons form and told me to go to the sactuary and from then on he never spoke to me and i cant use the D-pad shortcuts help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.