• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

theresa ?? i just realised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox1

Reaction score
i got bored and decided to play through the lost chapters after completing fable 3 and i happened to just notice that wouldnt the hero from fable 3 be related to theresa through 550 years of descendants as she is the sister of the original hero from fable 1 or should i say the hero of oakvale hmm still cant believe its taken me this long to work it out ^_^ haha

Veryl

Reaction score
Are all heros related by blood? I don't really remember the story from 1 and 2 but wasn't there heros in 1 and 2 that wern't related by blood? Sorry if i'm way off but i don't remember much about the story in 1 and in 2 they might of been just great fighters...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Are all heros related by blood? I don't really remember the story from 1 and 2 but wasn't there heros in 1 and 2 that wern't related by blood? Sorry if i'm way off but i don't remember much about the story in 1 and in 2 they might of been just great fighters...

No, they're not all related by blood.

Paradox1

Reaction score
in number 1 your the child of the scarlet robe and your sister is theresa and you find out how she goes blind etc, then fable 2 you have the heros blood or summink and your possibly a descendant of the hero of oakvale or summink like that hmm time to browse the web i think, would be cool though if you are related means it would open up a whole new perspective to Theresa and the future heros that and i cant work out how shes like 560 + years old lol

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Theresa would have to be a great x??? aunt. Also, I just noticed that Theresa now has the power to stop time,make alternate worlds (RTR) and open portals.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
No, they're not all related by blood.

That depends on whether you believe the Tales of Albion lore or the Fable TLC lore. TLC's story requires that not all heroes be related by blood (since the whole sacred bloodline thing would have been completely redundant were that the case), but the Tales of Albion do imply that only the descendants of William Black can use the powers of Will, meaning all heroes must be descended from him.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
That depends on whether you believe the Tales of Albion lore or the Fable TLC lore. TLC's story requires that not all heroes be related by blood (since the whole sacred bloodline thing would have been completely redundant were that the case), but the Tales of Albion do imply that only the descendants of William Black can use the powers of Will, meaning all heroes must be descended from him.

I find it more plausible that they're not all related by blood because we don't know if anybody else was able to use Will between William Black's time and TLC. It could have happened.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I find it more plausible that they're not all related by blood because we don't know if anybody else was able to use Will between William Black's time and TLC. It could have happened.

But it is pretty strongly implied that only the descendants of the Archon are heroes.

Tales of Albion said:
But without an enemy to vanquish, the Archon's children grew petty and cruel. They called themselves Heroes and used their powers of Will to terrorize the people.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
But what I'm saying is that somebody that wasn't part of the Archon's bloodline could have discovered that they could use Will, or perhaps people learned how to use Will without having the natural ability that William Black had (whether through someone of the Archon's bloodline or not).

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Maybe, but I still just think Lionhead suck at writing.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
in number 1 your the child of the scarlet robe and your sister is theresa and you find out how she goes blind etc, then fable 2 you have the heros blood or summink and your possibly a descendant of the hero of oakvale or summink like that hmm time to browse the web i think, would be cool though if you are related means it would open up a whole new perspective to Theresa and the future heros that and i cant work out how shes like 560 + years old lol

...yeah, dude, they're related. The Hero from I, II and III are all descendants of the Archon bloodline. Making Theresa a distant relative of the Hero of III.

But it is pretty strongly implied that only the descendants of the Archon are heroes.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that but that makes the fling between Garth and Reaver really... awkward.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
When did Garth and Reaver have a fling?

Jamin

Reaction score
thats rather creepy...but all creepiness aside...while initially i assumed that from the beggining of fable 2 that you are a direct descendant of the fable 1 hero but as it is stated that only the descendants of archon are capable of being heroes if i read that right it makes sense that they are in some way related if traced back far enough but at the same time it would make sense if they were direct descendants of the fable 1 hero due to theresa's interest in assisting them and revealing that they are heroes to em. which would make sense as to why she came to the fable 2 hero and not any of the other heroes found in fable 2. but also is justified cause fable 2 hero has revenge as a good reason to become the hero and do as theresa asks. hmm plenty of ideas im gonna stick with my lala land of that they are all direct descendants :p

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
When did Garth and Reaver have a fling?

She seems to think a book in the game makes it canonical. My guess is that Lionhead thought it would be funny to add in some in-game fan-fiction probably written by some whack-job who had a thing for the heroes of Fable II. After all, Reaver and Garth went to Samarkand but Hammer went to some place up North to study with the Warrior Monks (or something along those lines).

Jamin

Reaction score
ya but its quite funny either way :p gotta love those books ya find the game. fan fic is always funny :p

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Not all Heroes are related by blood, but the ones who have been playable in Fable games are all related. It is very unusual for Heroes (although there aren't many in the world like it was in the original game, where they had a whole guild full of them) to possess the affinity for all three virtues, Strength, Skill, and Will. Not all in that bloodline gets Hero powers though, like Logan. Also, I think Theresa may only have the affinity for Will, or she simply just have never trained her Strength and Skill abilities.

The bloodline "started" (of course he had parents of his own) with William Black, the original Archon and the creator of Will. And bear in mind that unlike 550-560 years ago (the first game) where Heroes were commonplace, the only ones I'm aware of that are alive to date are the Hero of Brightwall (Fable III) and Reaver.

This is starting to become a rant, but I don't think there aren't bloodlines that have been kept secret. All future games cannot be about sibling rivalry, and frankly the whole story and lore is too epic for all future antagonists to be powerless-but-ruthless Lucien copies. I'm sure there will be at least a few more Heroes in the future--I mean besides the main bloodline which will probably always hold the main character slot.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
JUST NOW?! rofl. not meaning to be rude but LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.