• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

heishere909

MasterofSkill
Reaction score
Sorry if anyone has made a similar thread, but what are your views on the game?

Personally I really enjoyed the entire game as a whole althought there are several annoying bugs such as me getting stuck in the driftwood bridge...

I loved the weapon morphing although it was rather short i feel proud of my rifle thats altmost as short as my pistol...
The gauntlets were fun
I am in love with the special moves and all this has made up for the lack of choices available as a king although i enjoyed sitting on the throne listening to pathetic page and roaring reaver
Overall i would give it a 8/10 although for the graphics and the LCE i would give 10/10 for the outstanding boxart, the book that looks like an ancient tome and the guild seal, the smooth well printed playing cards and the chicken on the bottom of the box

My very favourite quest has to be the one where you are shrunk down and get to fight a demonic chicken :D

BEFORE YOU POST, REMEMBER NO TROLLING OR I WILL DELETE YOUR POST, IF POSSIBLE
although i dont care if you make a valid negative point

Dentie

Reaction score
I seriously am enjoying the game right now I'm not the king yet and havent seen any glitches at all. I like it how villagers interact with each other now like they are haveing a conversation about the food because there was a nail in it and here steak looked like a piece of coal :p
The graphics are really good to and the weapon morphing doesnt dissapoint me at all.

Xerath

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying it too. I'm nearly half way through the game now and I'm just about to go to Auroa(sp). I've noticed a couple glitches but nothing too major. I did get stuck in a tree because I jumped off of a ledge and slid into one, but I was only at the begining of the game so it was okay. I've married Elise and shes gone missing too, which is kinda annoying. But apart from all that its fantastic. I prefer it to Fable II but in my opinion Fable I cannot be beaten..

I think there could deffinitely be more weapon types, though. It dissapointed me when I found out there was only hammers and swords. I think there could be a bigger varity of clothing too.

Reaction score
Im really enjoying the game so far ive done about half of the king decisions and i dont care about the lack of them really its the impact on the world they create ^_^, would be cool to have like a king scedule (like you do when doing the king part) for every 4 days or so of game time :blink:

Xerath

Reaction score
Hmm.. I'm a little dissapointed. As soon as you become King the game goes down hill fast. I ended up letting 5 million-odd villagers died because everything happened just so fast, haha.

The game seems dead now that the main story is finished. Being King seems pretty pointless now too. Although, I have just completed the game and I haven't looked at any of the endgame quests yet. The game was deffinitely rushed towards the end.

There are lots of things that could be changed about Fable III, I think some of the things in Fable II should be implemented too. Such as being able to give people gifts anytime, more weapons, more dyes, etc.

I hope Lionhead bring out some decent and interesting DLC soon.

Harry Coma

Reaction score
The game has been simplified way to much.

I don't want to dance with every damn soldier i meet.

Nah, I'm kinda dissapointed actually.
Not to mention I'm now stuck in a tree..

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I love this game - there's very little for me to complain about and it's challenging enough for me without making me rage-quit as well as being simple enough for me to enjoy (and my daughter can enjoy it too). I like what they've done and I like the way they have steered away from being a standard RPG to more of an action/adventure type game without losing too much of what makes Fable enjoyable (for me).

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
I honestly havent gotten the game yet (exams... -.-) but it's nice to see people saying they enjoy the game and such. I have never been one to criticize games unless it really bugs me and Fable has always been my favourite series. I don't buy the "I'm extremely disappointed because _____ and _____ didnt happen and they ruined the game because _____." thing. I like positive energy and good to see some good positive energy here. =P

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I get the negativity if something game-breaking has occurred or something has been so badly done it's insane, but simply bawling that there isn't enough magic or the swords aren't exciting or there aren't enough things to do is just a bit silly. Fable has NEVER had tonnes of things to do - it's been comparatively linear in that respect. With each passing game, there seems to be more freedom and more to do but people, I guess, just like complaining.

If you don't like it, don't play it. I despise Dragon Age Origins for a number of reasons and as such, I do not play it anymore. It was buggy, glitchy and all patches released were only any good for PC users and not 360 players. I don't go on and on over a number of threads in the appropriate forums about how crappy and useless it is - I just forget that I have it and don't bother with it. Yes, it cost money. Yes, I was expecting something at least half-decent. Yes, I was horribly disappointed. But it's hardly worth me sobbing and wailing over, is it?

Fable 3, for me, is heading in the right direction. I like how the each one is actually very different and it makes it more enjoyable, for me, when I return to them individually because it's not more of the same but rather something new and interesting. If I'm sick of the smog of Bowerstone Industrial, I go kick some chickens on the beach in Fable 1. If the Bordello leaves me cold, I head over to the Crucible to expend some energy. I like the fact that the end boss of Fable 2 was not some big showdown - I like the understated way it ended (and it was a hell of a lot simpler for people like me than constant dodging and diving and counting set moves so I knew when to shoot). I like the fact that you could play air guitar in Fable 1. I like that you can murder whoever you like in Fable 3 as monarch and no one does a thing about it. There are so many things to enjoy if people would just take the time to look for them instead of seeing what they hoped for in their imaginations and getting disappointed that those things are not present in the game.

I think PM has a method to his supposed madness and I don't think until the Fable franchise is over with that we can fully appreciate it. I'm just saying people should hold off bashing it so utterly until the full picture has been revealed.

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
Couldn't have agreed with you more Angel. Couldn't have agreed with you more.
For every game there will be disappointed people and haters alike.

Personally, I quickly get bored of games that are a) too hard, b) too long. Elder Scrolls for example, is conceptually a beautiful and well-made game but walking from town A to town B on foot, only to have to walk to town C and the unattractive fighting doesnt appeal to me. And I know people will probably bash me for this but I've never completed a single Final Fantasy game despite starting on FF9, FF8 and FF10. I really hate the idea of having to "train up" for 20 hours and spending 20 minutes on a daft and predictable boss fight.

Fable on the other hand is like a well made authentic Pizza. It's not big enough to overwhelm you and there is just enough stuff on it to keep you sated. Each Fable is different while still keeping the essence of Fable, kinda like the crust of a Pizza. Though there will be people who will hate the "thin crust" or "cream sauce", it will still be, in the end, a great Fable game to many others and nothing can replace the feeling of playing Fable.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
FF13 is far shorter, you should try that if you havent already. I think I did it in about 30 hours all told, which is about the same as Fable. I was quite dissapointed by that actually, but its still a very good game.

But I kinda agree with the whole, Fable being simple is nice. I do like the fact I'm never really worried about losing progress by dying, I never really get stuck at a boss that I have to spend a couple of hours working out to get past.

Oblivion/Fable/FF is actually quite a good comparision spectrum.

Oblivion is a pure RPG. Its very much a table top RPG in computer form. Your free to do what you want, and not do what you dont want too. You can do the quests of the game, or you can spend days and days going nowhere near the quests and just exploring random caves and dungeons and ruins. Your totally free to do what you want.

Final Fantasy is the japanese style of RPG, which is basically an epic movie, with a complex combat system thrown in. Its not for everyone, but for people that like crunching numbers things like that, its brilliant. The stories are also nearly always incredible.

Fable is somewhere between the two. Its where it gets most of its problems from, its trying to be many things. It wants to tell a grand story, but at the same time wants to try and offer a sense of total freedom. At the same time, its almost a parody of RPGs too. I'm pretty sure originally it was meant to be like a hero simulator, which again, it still kind of is. Its being pulled in so many directions, its very hard to get right.

Mastperf

Reaction score
My Grandma always said "The only things missing from Fable are child labor and handguns." I'm grateful to Lionhead for giving her this before she went to the great beyond. The bi-sexual with a heart tattoo on his face was the gift that keeps giving.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
Well, lets put it this way:

I have a fair few recent games that have come out, such as Dead Rising 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 and Black Ops. I can't put Fable III down. I really do like the game, and I'm hoping that LH release this patch to fix up the game very soon. I like that they've started to add more DLC into the game with the new dog breed and dye pack etc. Hopefully they will re-release thus Understone DLC soon, I am very keen to visit the new region and do the new quests that are available there. I'd give the game a 8/10 for now, but if they manage to fix up the bugs and bring some new DLC it will get a 9.5/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.