• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Timeline Setting for Fable 4 ( With Poll)

Which Era do you want fable 4 to take place in?

• Pre Old Kingdom- William Black Protagonist

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Old Kingdom Era sometime after the court

• The age of Heroes with Nostro

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • The age of men after the destruction of the guild

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Being a fable nerd since I played the original on my xbox ( before lost chapters) I have been addicted to fable lore and all 3 games. Even though 3 was my least favorite of the trilogy, I found myself still playing countless hours due to obtaining the swinging sword and dragonstomper .48 and switching them to new playthroughs.

Unfortunately since I lost my xbox hard drive any future with the 2 sequels will have to be redone and I will require purchasing a new xbox..

With my knowledge and understanding, I think there are 3 likely timeline settings that the game will be set in.

1) The age of the Old Kingdom.

This is a rather broad timeline since the Old Kingdom possibly lasted longer than the entire timeline from Fable 1 to Fable 3.

Either placing it as the court being the antagonists and William Black as the protagonist, or sometime after the rule of Black as the first Archon and when the first " heroes" were mentioned.

A new, untapped world with free artistic integrity to do anything and create any plot, since canon we know the tattered spire will destroy and erase everything from existance eventually.

2) The age of heroes.

The era around the time Nostro and Scythe formed the guild or when Maze and Weaver ( guildmaster) revolted and decided that heroes could be good or evil.
During a time where Heroes are booming and everywhere ( most interesting scenario for online multiplayer) and focusing a greater deal on one of the 3 hero disciplines instead of mastering all three. Basically majoring in one, followed by a secondary and third best.
Running into young heroes like Maze or Scarlet Robe.

3) The age of men.

When the heroes were hunted and shot down like animals by the people of albion. The guild becoming corrupted by bad heroes and the protagonist could potentially be an " underground hero" sometime after the destruction of the guild. Being a descendent of the Archon bloodline and making heroes tolerable to the people of albion once again ( for a future of the hero of southcliff and hero of bowerstone)

Running into faces like a young Lucien Fairfax or even Leo Head or the Count.

Theresa returning, the destruction of Oakvale from Reaver and Bloodstone under the rule of the original pirate king Captain Dread.

With that being said, I created a poll with 4 timeline settings and would be cool to see which people vote, and have everyone comment on why they picked the one they did.

I am having two different options for the old kingdom. One for playing as William Black as the protagonist, and one for sometime after the destruction of the court.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I would definitely love to see the Guild being built and to see how Weaver and co took over it.