• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Touching Kids. Erm, in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I <3 Crunchy Chix

Reaction score
Touching Kids. Erm, in the game...

Don't know if this has already been discussed, but I just wanted to get people's opinions on what the new "Touch" feature is going to be like.

Personally, I think it will make it better. Being able to drag someone through the streets, or hugging one of your 8 children from one of the 9 potential mothers.

This honestly is probably the most interesting thing in the new game to me, wondered if you all felt the same.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Re: Touching Kids. Erm, in the game...

Well, the ability to actually get into the feeling of the game, being able to touch your friends, family children, whoever, is a very unique aspect.

An aspect I haven't yet seen in the Sims Game, which is where it was possible to have made its debut.

The ability to actually reach out and interact much closer with an individual seems a lot more simpler, yet more amazing I guess you could say.

In most games, you stand in front of the person, whereas it looks like Fable III will actually be physically touching the character.

If you read those three paragraphs, with basically the same thing in each, good job.

Touch is a great idea, and I hope other games build onto it.

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

i hope so to, i think its a great idea. i will say that i was somewhat disapointed in fable 2 when i got married and had a kid in the game and then when i would get home after a quest i couldnt pick my kid up and give him a hug or grab my wife and plant one on her. it just seemed like something that was totally missing that would have fit perfectly with everything else.
maybe thats why logan is such a db...his daddy never hugged him hahaha

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

Hillbilly88;420963 said:
i hope so to, i think its a great idea. i will say that i was somewhat disapointed in fable 2 when i got married and had a kid in the game and then when i would get home after a quest i couldnt pick my kid up and give him a hug or grab my wife and plant one on her. it just seemed like something that was totally missing that would have fit perfectly with everything else.
maybe thats why logan is suck a db...his daddy never hugged him hahaha

The ending was as corny as the fact that no one else thought of this.

I <3 Crunchy Chix

Reaction score

Also, I've seen people being held by the hand and led somewhere, but do you think that if you were an evil character, you could possibly grab them by the hair or some limb and drag them through the streets, dungeons, etc?

Or maybe somehow use the touch feature as a way to boost your renown. Instead of just killing a bandit leader, you can drag him back into town to be put on display for people to harass and deal with the problem themselves.
Let the people be the judge, jury and executioner.
That way there's no blood on your hands.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

It all depends on which way you look at it, i mean if your a pedo and you want to use the touch feature on children then well have fun with that LOL.

But i dont really see the point in the touch feature anyway i mean its.. not very interesting. They could at least come up with some decent emotes instead of like "Wtf is that thing o_O"

oh well atleast... people get to touch their children :S?

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

I think it'd be great if we could possibly get a proper amount of touching with your wife rather than just having the "oh yes your so strong" rubbish that all you can possibly hear when having intercourse.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

I <3 Crunchy Chix;420981 said:
Also, I've seen people being held by the hand and led somewhere, but do you think that if you were an evil character, you could possibly grab them by the hair or some limb and drag them through the streets, dungeons, etc?

Or maybe somehow use the touch feature as a way to boost your renown. Instead of just killing a bandit leader, you can drag him back into town to be put on display for people to harass and deal with the problem themselves.

That's the only aspect of the Touch feature I would care about. I'm not THAT lonely that I have to get all touchy-feely but to drag some innocent citizen down into my dungeon and then torture and murder them... well, that would make me cream my pants. Not to mention it would add a whole new personal level to the game that would really give me the feeling of being an evil son-of-a-*****.

You know, you should be able to do the exact opposite of that too. Like, having the enemy beg for mercy and then you can choose between several different options. One of them should be a "Finishing Move" and should earn you major evil points. For example, as the bandit is kneeling on the ground whimpering and pleading you not to kill him, you could walk behind him, grab his head and SNAP! Break his neck. Would be pretty bad ass.

Lithary

Reaction score

I hope that we still can have 'follow' command, because I don't want to go to a pub with a friend while holding hands.
That's gay.
I'm sorry, but I don't remember part where Conan the barbarian held his hand with his buddy while they were going to have a drink after wiping floor with dragons brains.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against gay people.
It's just that if they are gay and act like that I don't want to do same, even in game.
And btw, if Albion is based on 1800's-1850's England then definitely there shouldn't be any gay actions since being gay wasn't tolerated in that period and if I remember correctly, gay people were killed back then.
Anyway.
I don't ask that they remove gay couples from game and stuff since Fable is all about freedom and stuff (even though it would be more logical if they did, but I don't care), but at least don't make us hold hands with our friend when we want to go for a drink or something.

I <3 Crunchy Chix

Reaction score

Haha, I agree with you. Holding another man's hand while you take him somewhere is totally homo. No offense to any of you that might walk that line...

p.s. The title of the thread was just meant to be comical. No pedophilia involved...

Cain

Reaction score

Its only loosely based on history. You could be gay in fable II. And for those saying the touch feature is gay, who cares? Its a game. Its not like the moment you do it, your marked gay for life. And if you think it might be offensive, don't say it. I don't see whats the big deal. Its a lifestyle choice, get over it.

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

I <3 Crunchy Chix;420981 said:

I read a developing article and they said that if you take a beggar and guide him down the street, now you could go give him new clothes and give him a few gold coins and send him on his way. Or you could lead him to a slave shop and as you get closer and closer he starts to realize this and starts to freak out and pull away. I truly can't wait to see how this game mechanic works out

Lithary

Reaction score

White Knight;421429 said:
Its only loosely based on history. You could be gay in fable II. And for those saying the touch feature is gay, who cares? Its a game. Its not like the moment you do it, your marked gay for life. And if you think it might be offensive, don't say it. I don't see whats the big deal. Its a lifestyle choice, get over it.

Only loosely?
Yes!
I know that, that's why I sad that I don't care if they keep that gay couple stuff.
And I do care about touch feature being gay, because it is!
I don't want to act like some fairy-boy and hold hands with my friend when we go for a drink.
If someone wants to act like that, go ahead, but I don't want, I want choice to tell my might to simply follow me to the pub.
Holding hands represents something more than a simple friendship.
And I know that it won't mark me for the rest of my life (that would be stupid).
And I know that it is a lifestyle choice.
Don't give me that libelar c*rap, because I didn't say that I hate gay people, I said that they can act gay as much as they want, but don't force me to do it even in a game.
It's my lifestyle, get over it!
Plus, Fable is game about freedom and choices and I think that they should allow me to act gay or hetero if I want.

Edit: Even so, there should be a follow command because I don't want to drag everyone around like they are retarded porcupines.
Edit2: And yeah, if being gay is just a lifestyle is paedophilia just a lifestyle also?

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Lithary;421474 said:
Only loosely?
Yes!
I know that, that's why I sad that I don't care if they keep that gay couple stuff.
And I do care about touch feature being gay, because it is!
I don't want to act like some fairy-boy and hold hands with my friend when we go for a drink.
If someone wants to act like that, go ahead, but I don't want, I want choice to tell my might to simply follow me to the pub.
Holding hands represents something more than a simple friendship.
And I know that it won't mark me for the rest of my life (that would be stupid).
And I know that it is a lifestyle choice.
Don't give me that libelar c*rap, because I didn't say that I hate gay people, I said that they can act gay as much as they want, but don't force me to do it even in a game.
It's my lifestyle, get over it!
Plus, Fable is game about freedom and choices and I think that they should allow me to act gay or hetero if I want.

Edit: Even so, there should be a follow command because I don't want to drag everyone around like they are retarded porcupines.
Edit2: And yeah, if being gay is just a lifestyle is paedophilia just a lifestyle also?

seems fair. don't really want to drag everyone around. i don't drag people around in real life, why should i do it in a game?

Lithary

Reaction score

joslen1;421492 said:
seems fair. don't really want to drag everyone around. i don't drag people around in real life, why should i do it in a game?

That was actually my whole point.
That and being free to choose how are you going to act.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Lithary;421494 said:
That was actually my whole point.
That and being free to choose how are you going to act.

sorry, me not making my self clear again. i said 'seems fair', in reply to your comment, then went on to state my opinion.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

two words: strangle children

Reaction score

If someone asks for money, you can throw them on the ground and drag them into your dungeon while they beg for mercy. PM confirmed this, but I think I'm going to "Touch" other peoples wifes and children >:-D

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

explodingcheesecake;422555 said:
If someone asks for money, you can throw them on the ground and drag them into your dungeon while they beg for mercy. PM confirmed this, but I think I'm going to "Touch" other peoples wifes and children >:-D

PedoBear approves

Status
Not open for further replies.