• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Touching Kids. Erm, in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Re: Touching Kids. Erm, in the game...

Lithary;421474 said:
Only loosely?
Yes!
I know that, that's why I sad that I don't care if they keep that gay couple stuff.
And I do care about touch feature being gay, because it is!
I don't want to act like some fairy-boy and hold hands with my friend when we go for a drink.
If someone wants to act like that, go ahead, but I don't want, I want choice to tell my might to simply follow me to the pub.
Holding hands represents something more than a simple friendship.
And I know that it won't mark me for the rest of my life (that would be stupid).
And I know that it is a lifestyle choice.
Don't give me that libelar c*rap, because I didn't say that I hate gay people, I said that they can act gay as much as they want, but don't force me to do it even in a game.
It's my lifestyle, get over it!
Plus, Fable is game about freedom and choices and I think that they should allow me to act gay or hetero if I want.

Edit: Even so, there should be a follow command because I don't want to drag everyone around like they are retarded porcupines.
Edit2: And yeah, if being gay is just a lifestyle is paedophilia just a lifestyle also?

You sir, are ignorant. How is holding hands gay? I really don't understand where the hell people make this assumption that if you hold another guys hand you must be a flaming homosexual. OMG, it's the end of the world that in A GAME! which has no effect on my reality i have to hold another man's hand, I mean holy crap, thats totally gonna change your life. You must be really insecure about yourself if your that worried about something like that in a video game.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;423023 said:
You sir, are ignorant. How is holding hands gay? I really don't understand where the hell people make this assumption that if you hold another guys hand you must be a flaming homosexual. OMG, it's the end of the world that in A GAME! which has no effect on my reality i have to hold another man's hand, I mean holy crap, thats totally gonna change your life. You must be really insecure about yourself if your that worried about something like that in a video game.

I wanted to say this so badly but I've already got two infractions.

Plus rep to you bro.

Lynne

Reaction score

I just wanted to say I will now call everyone I know a retarded porcupine. And that I'm a fruit fly.

Lithary

Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;423023 said:

No sir, you are an ignorant one.
You obviously didn't read everything I said.
I sad that I don't have any trouble with gays and what I didn't say and I'm going to say now is that I have very good friends that are gay, both male and female.
And you know what?
I asked them about holding hands with a male friend across the town while going to a drink and they all said that holding hands with a person represents something more than a simple friendship and that it is really gay thing to do if to guy do it.
Not something terrible, but still pretty gay thing to do.
And they all agreed that one shouldn't be forced to act like that even in a game if they don't want to because that will make people feel like gay culture is forced on them.
But that aside, why shouldn't we have option to let people simply follow us since Fable is all about choices and freedom?
Actually, the thing that bothers me the most is that I will have to drag everyone like if they were some mentally challenged children around the town.
I want to go to a town after a quest and should 'BEER ON ME EVERYONE!' and let them come by them self to the pub so we can all have a good time and stuff and not drag them with me.
You are people actually ignorant because you can't respect someones else opinion and wishes and throw all that liberal crap at me.
Remember that not everyone was raised like you and that some things are looked differently at in some countries than in others.
I respect that, but obviously you can't.
I didn't say that I hate that feature because it is gay, I said that I want an option for people who don't want to hold hands for whatever reason.
And don't say things like 'it's only a game' because some people like some things and some people don't and don't want them even in a game?
Would you f*uck a baby only because it is in a game?
If you would, go and see a doctor.

Cain

Reaction score

Lithany, you didn't say the feature might be awkward or because it annoyed about having to drag people around to get them to follow you, you said you didn't want to do it because it was gay, and your saying you don't have a problem with gay people. And Pedophillia is completely different. Thats wrong because children aren't mature enough to understand and 90% of the time its forced, and even when it isn't forced and both the adult and the child want it, its statuary rape.

And on a different matter have you read any of the conan the barbarian stories?

Lithary

Reaction score

White Knight;423211 said:
Lithany, you didn't say the feature might be awkward or because it annoyed about having to drag people around to get them to follow you, you said you didn't want to do it because it was gay, and your saying you don't have a problem with gay people. And Pedophillia is completely different. Thats wrong because children aren't mature enough to understand and 90% of the time its forced, and even when it isn't forced and both the adult and the child want it, its statuary rape.

Well sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I hope that you get my point now.
And it's Lithary, not Lithany like that album and song from Vader.
My actually has totally different meaning, but it's OK.

And on a different matter have you read any of the conan the barbarian stories?

Yeah, but a very long time ago so I don't remember lot of stuff. >.<
But still, I saw movies. :Đ

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

even when it isn't forced and both the adult and the child want it, its statuary rape.

That good sir is a type of rape I have never heard of so you get +rep for expanding my vocabulary

Cain

Reaction score

^No problem. Its nice to know I helped somebody learn more about raep.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

Lithary;423209 said:
Would you kill a person only because it is in a game?

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

White Knight;423310 said:
^No problem. Its nice to know I helped somebody learn more about raep.

Yeah I thought if both were willing with one a minor and one a adult I thought it was just pedophilia

And people they wont let you molest kids in fable 3 even with the touch system. Maybe kill but not rape if they didnt let you do it in fable 2.

Though wasnt it technically legal in those times?

CitrusKiss

Your Health is Low
Reaction score

I don't consider grabbing someone's hand to be gay... I grab other girls' hands all the time to lead them places in real life, and I think guys should feel comfortable doing the same to other guys....
But regardless of that, the only time I think I wont like it in the game is if my husband is standing next to me, and I have to grab another guy's hand to take him somewhere. Awkward.. ^^; For like...that, and pretty much only that, just a normal follow option would be good.
Annnnd... I'm just going to ignore the whole child discussion going on at the moment :)

Lynne

Reaction score

I'm sorry was it posted somewhere that follow was no longer going to be in use at all? Did they completely get rid of the follow command? I don't see why they couldn't just still have follow but just add touching for the situations when touching is a requirement?

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Lithary;423209 said:
No sir, you are an ignorant one.
You obviously didn't read everything I said.
I sad that I don't have any trouble with gays and what I didn't say and I'm going to say now is that I have very good friends that are gay, both male and female.
And you know what?
I asked them about holding hands with a male friend across the town while going to a drink and they all said that holding hands with a person represents something more than a simple friendship and that it is really gay thing to do if to guy do it.
Not something terrible, but still pretty gay thing to do.
And they all agreed that one shouldn't be forced to act like that even in a game if they don't want to because that will make people feel like gay culture is forced on them.
But that aside, why shouldn't we have option to let people simply follow us since Fable is all about choices and freedom?
Actually, the thing that bothers me the most is that I will have to drag everyone like if they were some mentally challenged children around the town.
I want to go to a town after a quest and should 'BEER ON ME EVERYONE!' and let them come by them self to the pub so we can all have a good time and stuff and not drag them with me.
You are people actually ignorant because you can't respect someones else opinion and wishes and throw all that liberal crap at me.
Remember that not everyone was raised like you and that some things are looked differently at in some countries than in others.
I respect that, but obviously you can't.
I didn't say that I hate that feature because it is gay, I said that I want an option for people who don't want to hold hands for whatever reason.
And don't say things like 'it's only a game' because some people like some things and some people don't and don't want them even in a game?

Oh no, i respect your opinion that doesn't mean i have to agree with it. I respect that you want the follow option instead of having to hold hands, but your whole argument that the feature of "Holding Hands is gay" is bullcrap. Now if Lionhead had added "A slap on the ass to get people to follow you" that might be a little odd, but something as simple as holding hands with an Pixel character Isn't "gay" It has no effect on you as a person, its a game feature, your taking it way to personally.

Don't put words in my mouth that i don't respect your opinion, everyone has a right to express their views, which includes me, and i am simply expressing my views on your post.

And no, i wouldn't "F*ck a baby" because it was put into a game, What does that have to do with anything?

I'm not forcing any of my liberal views on you, you need to calm down bro.

[EDIT:] Lets just agree to disagree. I really don't want to get into a huge argument about this. You have your views and I have mine. Problem solved.

But alas we have gone off-topic.

I'm hoping with the touch feature i can throw people into things, like rivers and windows :O

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

Lynne;423397 said:
I'm sorry was it posted somewhere that follow was no longer going to be in use at all? Did they completely get rid of the follow command? I don't see why they couldn't just still have follow but just add touching for the situations when touching is a requirement?

Nobody seems to know at the moment, but it would be monumentally stupid to do away with follow altogether. I'm thinking the touch feature is simply going to be an addition to follow, not a replacement.

Lynne

Reaction score

OpenWorldExplorer;423455 said:
Nobody seems to know at the moment, but it would be monumentally stupid to do away with follow altogether. I'm thinking the touch feature is simply going to be an addition to follow, not a replacement.

That's what I thought- I wondered why everyone had their panties all bunched up about it.

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

Lynne;423481 said:
That's what I thought- I wondered why everyone had their panties all bunched up about it.

Yeah, it's like people are assuming that touch will replace follow altogether, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that. I think touch will just be an extra ability allowing more control over interactions with individual NPCs.

Lynne

Reaction score

Exactly, so now everyone can stop *****ing until we know we have something concrete to ***** about. Because honestly the right/wrong argument of homosexuality is a never ending one that nobody will ever be able to win because there is no clear cut black and white answer. It is always just going to be based on one opinion against another. So lets find other topics more appropriate to fable to discuss.

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

....... Alot of arguments

And Citrus well its just seen differently to guys

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

But seriously, I want to throw people through windows. that would be epic, Like a bar fight. :D

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;423684 said:
But seriously, I want to throw people through windows. that would be epic, Like a bar fight. :D

Ohhh yeah slam that guy on the bar full of drinks and slide him across then break the window with his head and finally throw him at a table

Status
Not open for further replies.