• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trojans

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a personal problem or if some others have gotten it, but when I am on this site, both McAfee and Norton (Separate computers) detect and stop Trojan Viruses on this site fairly often (About once every two or three weeks) are those systems just being sensitive? Is anyone else encountering this? Just giving a little feedback just in case.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The program my dad put on our computer is something called Kaspersky, and that says it detects viruses on many different websites that presented no problem before this program was installed. Others I've spoken to have said the same thing, but I don't think they had the same program as me, so it seems to just happen a lot. I wouldn't worry about it.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
I have McAfee and it never tells me anything about this site.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Some seem to flag innocent cookies and pop-up ads before you log in as trojans but they are not let us know though if you get any more as we need to keep our eye on things like that.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I got nothin'.

Also, Kaspersky is pretty beast yo.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
On my small windows XP PC w/ McAfee it doesn't detect anything, and neither does my Safari extention dedicated to detecting cookies, trojans and malware.
On my Mac it detects cookies which are often mistaken as Trojans and more often as Malware. This website seems pretty legitimate, who's the Webmaster?
Wow, I sound like the paperclip that always pops up to "Help" you... lol

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
On my small windows XP PC w/ McAfee it doesn't detect anything, and neither does my Safari extention dedicated to detecting cookies, trojans and malware.
On my Mac it detects cookies which are often mistaken as Trojans and more often as Malware. This website seems pretty legitimate, who's the Webmaster?
Wow, I sound like the paperclip that always pops up to "Help" you... lol

Webmaster would be my good buddy Steve.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Site's hosted in America - which explains some of the delays we get when trying to fix problems because of time differences. English hosting is much worse, so Steve uses Total Choice Hosting instead.

I'm fairly certain most English hosting companies still have a little hamster in a wheel running in shifts to keep the servers going...

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Site's hosted in America - which explains some of the delays we get when trying to fix problems because of time differences. English hosting is much worse, so Steve uses Total Choice Hosting instead.

I'm fairly certain most English hosting companies still have a little hamster in a wheel running in shifts to keep the servers going...
aha! really? I've always thought american companies had it wrong. All my stuff is hosted on a mac mini database is Japan... imagine that? the Japanese using simpler technology than americans at half the cost? MIND BLOWING! then again i bet your guys' website gets lots of traffic being a forum right? Seems like the right choice to make! You guys have been doing this since...2006? wonder how much has changed since then in terms of speed! lol?

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
I use Avast, and I have no problems.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Microsoft Security Essentials works well for me.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I use ESET and have no problems on it whatsoever.

Maybe... idk... ever gotten a virus/Trojan before?

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
I for one use Avast, it's free and yet totally awesome.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Hi guys,

The server was compromised a short while ago by hackers and it's only now that everything is starting to return to normal. What a pain in the backside it has been. TotalChoiceHosting has been brilliant in cleaning up the mess, though. Hopefully no more virus warnings for a long time!

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Why in the world would anyone wanna hurt lil' ol' us?