• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

UK turned into riot warzone

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
V7.jpg

Weirdly that came to mind when it first happened, however its more like this here...

unled2cgm.jpg

Idiot Chav Scumbags

If only the government took this approach...

unledbmc.jpg

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I had heard nothing about this, this is terrible, I can sympathize for the reason, but not for the outcome.

Reaction score
Super ****ed off about this, Manchester completely f*cked, 3 people dead in Birmingham because of opportunistic thieving moron's looking to loot and destroy everything they can. I can't understand why people would raze their own home area to the ground like this, they must enjoy living in a sh*thole (then again the rioters are a bunch of good for nothing chavs so it isn't surprising.)

They should put any culprits they catch in stocks and let the people who's homes and business they've destroyed throw all the rotten fruit and veg they can at the idiot bast*rds, hows that for a bit of mob justice?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Heard that its only in Toxteth part of Liverpool, no surprise there that's the local breeding ground of scum in this city. But they had tried to get into Liverpool One, which would **** the entire city if they managed to get it, as that's the main shopping centre for anyone living here and a tourist shop spot for anyone near Merseyside.

Hope this blows over fairly quickly, its ridiculous this is allowed to happen it just shows how far spread and stretched the police are, and how ineffective they are, anyone wanna call the army in?

Anywho the royal family doesn't seem too bothered; http://twitter.com/#!/Charles_HRH/status/101297709801160705

http://www.operationcupoftea.com/

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Super ****ed off about this, Manchester completely f*cked, 3 people dead in Birmingham because of opportunistic thieving moron's looking to loot and destroy everything they can. I can't understand why people would raze their own home area to the ground like this, they must enjoy living in a sh*thole (then again the rioters are a bunch of good for nothing chavs so it isn't surprising.

They should put any culprits they catch in stocks and let the people who's homes and business they've destroyed throw all the rotten fruit and veg they can at the idiot bast*rds, hows that for a bit of mob justice?

They are all moaning about lack of jobs and poor living conditions and trying to claim this is them showing their frustration to the government. Right so burning down all of your businesses in your town and sending most of the industries there into financial ruin is going to help the prospects for your town/city... idiots. Now they will have all the peoples whose shops they have destroyed searching for jobs with them meaning less jobs and more people applying...

Worst thing is of the 900+ arrested so far most of them will be released with just a caution and nothing on their record. Should lock them up, who cares if prisons are crowded, lock them up with the lifers and see how it feels to be intimidated where you live.

Hope this blows over fairly quickly, its ridiculous this is allowed to happen it just shows how far spread and stretched the police are, and how ineffective they are, anyone wanna call the army in?

Their excuse to not bringing the army in was, the police will have it under control and things arent bad enough yet. How bad do things have to get before they resort to this? More families have to lose members and more businesses have to be ruined forever?

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I also thought of V. It's about the right year as well...:unsure:

Reaction score
They are all moaning about lack of jobs and poor living conditions and trying to claim this is them showing their frustration to the government. Right so burning down all of your businesses in your town and sending most of the industries there into financial ruin is going to help the prospects for your town/city... idiots. Now they will have all the peoples whose shops they have destroyed searching for jobs with them meaning less jobs and more people applying...

Exactly, but as long as they can make excuses they'll just carry on making trouble. It doesn't help that you have social analysts all over the news making yet more excuses for them, they bang on about runaway dads etc causing this, how do they know this? do they know the yobs personally?...jerkoff's

Virtually everyone I've talked to agrees that despite their so-called 'disadvantages' in life it's no excuse for the d*ckheads to do what they did. I mean I've had plenty of obstacles in my life, but like a rational, sane person I overcame these disadvantages without going out on a rampage and ruining everyone else's day over it.

The truth is they saw the London riots on the news, thought it looked like fun, then without thinking about the consequences they go out and start throwing bricks to see what they can get away with and thus starting a riot in their area (just the trouble they were looking for all along,) and they claim this is to show the government how ****ed of they are, how is robbing some poor bast*rds (a fellow private citizens) shop and sending him/her into ruin an act of frustration against the government? That doesn't make an ounce of sense to me

It's bad enough that they've done this, but for analysts who are on the news to make excuses for these wankers and make them look like oppressed victims really makes my blood boil. And here I was thinking Britain was past all this chav life bulls***.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They saw the London riots on the news, thought it looked like fun, then without thinking about the consequences they go out and start throwing bricks to see what they can get away with and thus starting a riot in their area (just the trouble they were looking for all along,) and they claim this is to show the government how ****ed of they are, how is robbing some poor bast*rds (a fellow private citizens) shop and sending him/her into ruin an act of frustration against the government? That doesn't make an ounce of sense to me

It's bad enough that they've done this, but for analysts who are on the news to make excuses for these wankers and make them look like oppressed victims really makes my blood boil.

Id been thinking the exact same thing all day, they all claim to be victims and being sick of taxpayers money being wasted and criticising the government. Yet i bet most of them dont even have jobs and arent paying taxes and are happy sitting on their asses claiming benefits all year and probably didnt vote either.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I've been keeping a close eye on this for about a day now. From what I heard his family was the first to protest because Mark was unarmed when the police shot him, and then they shot their own radio to make it look like he shot at them. After his family was (peacefully) protesting, fellow gang members and such start violent protests and riots out of anger of his death. And after that, I think everyone else just kind of jumped in for their own personal reasons. I've heard multiple people say that they are rioting and looting over taxes, over youth programs being stopped, over child support being cut, over government corruption etc. So I think it started with this guy wrongfully getting shot and a cover-up, and then when people noticed it was getting big everyone else just jumped on board for whatever reason they could think of. People are just looking to take out anger for whatever reason whether it be government corruption or a friend getting shot. But obviously there are those who joined in simply because they can get a new 42" TV if they join the looting.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've been keeping a close eye on this for about a day now. From what I heard his family was the first to protest because Mark was unarmed when the police shot him, and then they shot their own radio to make it look like he shot at them.

According to reports he wasnt unarmed he had a 'Starter' Pistol that was modified to fire live bullets which was the reason he was shot apparently, only conflicting report was that he had fired at the police first. Its illegal to carry any sort of firearm in public here and so the armed police would have arrested him anyway as soon as they were aware.

Ballistic tests hint Duggan never opened fire on cops

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
According to reports he wasnt unarmed he had a 'Starter' Pistol that was modified to fire live bullets which was the reason he was shot apparently, only conflicting report was that he had fired at the police first. Its illegal to carry any sort of firearm in public here and so the armed police would have arrested him anyway as soon as they were aware.

Ballistic tests hint Duggan never opened fire on cops

Ah, goodness me... I feel like that's the fifth version of the story I've heard about the actual shooting.

I didn't realize you folks weren't allowed to have guns over there, but I saw that it's estimated that there's around 5 million illegal guns on the streets in the United Kingdom. And as I was watching the riots and reading about them I noticed the main weapon if any the police had was that small plastic-like shield, although I did see a few with batons. Are regular police allowed to be armed with firearms over there? Or do they have to have "special permission"? This may seem like a dumb question for me to be asking but I'm curious because I heard the news saying owning guns isn't allowed for civilians and I think they also said many police aren't allowed to have/use guns either.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ah, goodness me... I feel like that's the fifth version of the story I've heard about the actual shooting.

I didn't realize you folks weren't allowed to have guns over there, but I saw that it's estimated that there's around 5 million illegal guns on the streets in the United Kingdom. And as I was watching the riots and reading about them I noticed the main weapon if any the police had was that small plastic-like shield, although I did see a few with batons. Are regular police allowed to be armed with firearms over there? Or do they have to have "special permission"? This may seem like a dumb question for me to be asking but I'm curious because I heard the news saying owning guns isn't allowed for civilians and I think they also said many police aren't allowed to have/use guns either.

We have a special unit that are armed (who deal with armed robberies and such but most people dont carry guns). People can acquire a gun license but they are usually hunters and farmers and it can only be used on land with permission to shoot and they have to store the gun in a locked cabinet in their home separately to the ammo (lots of regulations). Riot Police usually have batons, pepper spray and shields but the people who shot him were the armed police and it was a police sniper i believe.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
We have a special unit that are armed (who deal with armed robberies and such but most people dont carry guns). People can acquire a gun license but they are usually hunters and farmers and it can only be used on land with permission to shoot and they have to store the gun in a locked cabinet in their home separately to the ammo (lots of regulations). Riot Police usually have batons, pepper spray and shields but the people who shot him were the armed police and it was a police sniper i believe.

Ah, I see. It's very interesting seeing the difference between British and American police... as you have special units who are allowed guns, and your riot police are given batons, pepper spray and shields... but over here just about every cop has a fully loaded glock, handcuffs, tasers, and a baton and usually a shot-gun or assault rifle in the back of the car and our riot police are usually armed with bullet proof vests, assault rifles, armored cars, etc etc... like they're about to go into combat for World War Three. It really makes you understand why Britain really doesn't want their police have an entire arsenal of weapons... judging by the track record of people, criminals AND innocents dying by the hands of American Police using their weapons wrongfully.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ah, I see. It's very interesting seeing the difference between British and American police... as you have special units who are allowed guns, and your riot police are given batons, pepper spray and shields... but over here just about every cop has a fully loaded glock, handcuffs, tasers, and a baton and usually a shot-gun or assault rifle in the back of the car and our riot police are usually armed with bullet proof vests, assault rifles, armored cars, etc etc... like they're about to go into combat for World War Three. It really makes you understand why Britain really doesn't want their police have an entire arsenal of weapons... judging by the track record of people, criminals AND innocents dying by the hands of American Police using their weapons wrongfully.

Yeah there have been a handful of cases like this that happened. A Man thought to have a loaded shotgun in a bag was shot dead and it turned out to be a table leg. Then with the underground bombing a suspected bomber was shot dead after running into underground from police with a bag on his back thought to be a bomb. He was innocent too, so police have to be careful and lots of red tape behind the force certain units can use to prevent things like this happening.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah there have been a handful of cases like this that happened. A Man thought to have a loaded shotgun in a bag was shot dead and it turned out to be a table leg. Then with the underground bombing a suspected bomber was shot dead after running into underground from police with a bag on his back thought to be a bomb. He was innocent too, so police have to be careful and lots of red tape behind the force certain units can use to prevent things like this happening.

It's an awful shame... have the riots died down any in the cities? I haven't checked much on it today as I've been out. I know the most violence I think happened last night. Apparently these have been going on for two-three days. Has the violence, rioting and looting died down in certain cities? Or is it still very active? I'm sure come night-fall it may kick back up again...

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I'm coming to england, I'll give all the idiot rioters Charlie Sheen, which is usually not available because if you try it once you will die.
I'm ready, they're not, bring it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's an awful shame... have the riots died down any in the cities? I haven't checked much on it today as I've been out. I know the most violence I think happened last night. Apparently these have been going on for two-three days. Has the violence, rioting and looting died down in certain cities? Or is it still very active? I'm sure come night-fall it may kick back up again...

London was fairly quiet last night after 16,000 police were brought in to take control back and i believe other major cities had a much quieter night than the past few nights. I havent heard the news this morning yet though so only time will tell how true that is.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well Jessica was in London with her aunt on Tuesday but they made sure they left as soon as people started boarding up shop windows and doors in Oxford Street. In my hometown apparently everyone was shutting up shop by 4pm because of rumours of violence but nothing happened to my knowledge.

Birmingham city centre has seen quite a bit of trouble even last night but like DD and the others have been saying, it's all copycat stupidity and even Mark Duggan's missus has said it's got to stop and that wasn't why she and the family initially protested. I only heard about all this when my mum mentioned people Tweeting over it - we don't have TV in our house so we rarely catch the news at all...I swear the world could blow up and our family would be the last to know about it...