• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unresponsive Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Binge

Unresponsive Children

Hello, I just registered in here.

I had my first child grown up after coming back from the Spire. I took her on to some Bounty Hunting. Did one Slave Rescue quest. Then she got unresponsive standing outside of our house. She dosen't react anymore to any of my expressions, except getting annoyed when I bumped into her when running.

Did any of you experience a child being unresponsive?

X

Xeon

Re: Unresponsive Children

Yeah I had a son that got stuck in the exact same spot as where his crib once stood.

Try moving your family to another home, that worked for me

MrNovember

Reaction score

I have had that happen to about 8 families so far. Spouse disappears and child freezes in the crib spot. I've never been able to fix it though because my spouse was always missing so I couldn't move to a new home. Now I just don't have families.

Terminal Hapiness

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reaction score

The unresponsive child glitch is a common one. Some people reported that the issue resolved itself after they went a did a few quests, while others said it worked after they moved marital homes. It's possible that these may not work for you, but one thing that seems to always fix the issue is the child rescue quest (where, after the main campaign, your wife/husband will tell you that your child has run away to the hobbe cave and that you have to rescue them), upon finding your child in the cave, they will be responsive again.

tips994

Rogue
Reaction score

my child went unresponsive in the cage of the rescue quest... wouldn't move until, after clearing out all enemies i went back and repeatedly slapped her and yelled at her... it was kinda funny...

Terminal Hapiness

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reaction score

^^Now that just sucks.

If all else fails: Kill your wife, re-marry, and make another kid.

B

Binge

Woo, I got attached to her. She calls me Daddy Daddy during the bounty hunting Jobs and almost every other time. :)

Arrr!! I will try to move my marital home first.

Reaction score

happened to me too. the daughter just stood under the title sign and didn't move or talk but when i pulled out my crossbow to kill the wife she got scared. but then the weirdest thing happened, i killed the wife but the child protection place forgot to take the kid. now the girl is still standing under the title sign but doesn't respond to anything so i still cant get rid of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.