• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Use a Bow without the Quiver

jwc2200

Reaction score
Use a Bow without the Quiver

I like to use bows, but I do not want the quiver showing on my back. I figured out how to do that. I searched and did not find any posts addressing this. If it has been done, sorry to post about it again. Here is how to do it:

Open Fable Explorer,
scroll down to OBJECT,
scroll down to the Bow you like,
double click it,
click OBJECT
scroll down to CWeaponDef on the right,
click Links to (GameBINEntryID)
click the plus sign next to CWeaponDef,
click 9151B4EC,
change the value (5606) to zero(0),
Apply Changes,
click Actions, Save Mods and Run Fable.

Now the quiver no longer shows up on the Hero's back. This is good for Mods that make the melee weapon and quiver show up in unusual places.

I hope this is helpful.

Jason

A

Arckon

Re: Use a Bow without the Quiver

good find, but I like the quive, and If I didn't want it there, I'd use Arkens Crossbow.

I

iF.Leoric

I prefer crossbow because it doesn't have that horrible quiver, but it's so damn slow that I'm obligated to use arrow ;_;

Thanks jwc2200 for the information +Rep

jwc2200

Reaction score

Glad to help. Thanks for rep.

X

Xeon

iF.Leoric;176194 said:
I prefer crossbow because it doesn't have that horrible quiver, but it's so damn slow that I'm obligated to use arrow ;_;

if you have fable explorer you can just spawn the harvester in your inventory, it's a weapon classed as a repeater and it's a crossbow with no reload time :)

ID's are 5543 for harvester and 5540 for master repeater, +rep to jwc2200 for finding these ID's :)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

+Rep Jason for more good advice. Perhaps you should change your Forum Name so it would be easier to address. :lol:

X

Xeon

iF.Leoric;176194 said:

I have it the other way around, I like the quiver thats why I don't use crossbows :)

Hmmm I'm gonna try and make a crossbow or a repeater so it has a quiver

jwc2200

Reaction score

It works to make crossbows have a quiver, just put 5606 in the 9151B4EC box.

Do you mean the "use a bow without the quiver" part Droded?
If so, what do you think i should change it to? Just 'quiver' maybe. Or 'no quiver'. Let me know, I do want it to be easier to find.
Thanks for reply and rep also.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Xeon;176365 said:
I have it the other way around, I like the quiver thats why I don't use crossbows :)

Hmmm I'm gonna try and make a crossbow or a repeater so it has a quiver

Yeah me too, but with or without the quiver, I`d still use bows - they`re much better I think. Anyway, good work and +rep coming.

X

Xeon

TRA Rotid;176374 said:
Yeah me too, but with or without the quiver, I`d still use bows - they`re much better I think. Anyway, good work and +rep coming.
thats why I'm using repeaters, they work like bows but looks like crossbows with a clip

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

jwc2200;176373 said:
It works to make crossbows have a quiver, just put 5606 in the 9151B4EC box.

Do you mean the "use a bow without the quiver" part Droded?
If so, what do you think i should change it to? Just 'quiver' maybe. Or 'no quiver'. Let me know, I do want it to be easier to find.
Thanks for reply and rep also.

I think the title is fine the way it is.^_^

What I meant was your actual Forum Nickname, jwc2200, is a bit unconventional and could be changed to something easier to remember. Unless it is very important to you for sentimental reasons.:p

X

Xeon

Hmm now I made all the repeaters have quivers :)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I'd think that would be kind of useless, seeing as the animation is still the same. You should change the mesh of the Quiver if you really want to be cool.;)

X

Xeon

droded;176420 said:
I'd think that would be kind of useless, seeing as the animation is still the same. You should change the mesh of the Quiver if you really want to be cool.;)
I guess it would but I just want the look :) and what the heck is a repeater anyway? Looks like a 12th century machine/shotgun to me :p

J

Joey.nsz

Mighty thanks lad, I was trying to find this but couldn't. Now I can finally remove the annoying quiver. + Rep

jwc2200

Reaction score

droded;176407 said:
I think the title is fine the way it is.^_^

What I meant was your actual Forum Nickname, jwc2200, is a bit unconventional and could be changed to something easier to remember. Unless it is very important to you for sentimental reasons.:p

jwc2200 is my yahoo messenger id. I use it on forums out of habit. I have used it since '99 when i moved to my current address. Nothing sentimental about it though. If you think I have become important enough for folks to need to remember and find me I can change to my name maybe, but I have probably done all I can do as far as posting 'new' stuff. You and so many other modders have covered just about all the bases it seems, lol.

Jason

M

Mute

which one is Skorm's Bow? Is it LEGENDARY_LONGBOW?

jwc2200

Reaction score

Yes it is.