• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does everyone listen to?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
YESYESYESYESOMGOMGOMGNEWRADIOHEADALBUMNEWRADIOHEADALBUMNEWRADIOHEADALBUM

tumblr_lglryeeLVc1qa3iz5o1_500.jpg

THE KING OF LIMBS IS COMING EVERYBODY, PREORDER IT NOW OR FOREVER WEEP WHILE I HOLD IT JUST OUT OF YOUR REACH.

IT
IS
GONNA
BE
AWEOMESAUCE

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
WARNING: RADIOHEAD INSIDE SPOILER TAGS
so...i know at least one person who's listened to KoL so far...
i woke up this morning and went to school...got there a bit early so i went on my laptop. looked at a radioactive sheep drawing (don't ask because i won't tell ;) ) and thought i'd check the radiohead website. their new album was due to come out tomorrow and there wasn't so much as a tracklisting online.

It's Friday... It's almost the weekend...It's a full moon....
You can download 'The King of Limbs' now if you so wish!
Thank you good people for waiting ... Have a great weekend wherever you are....
Ed
that's right, they'd released it a day early on a whim. just because they can.

i naturally came then and there, and i downloaded the album just in time before class started. i rushed to a library afterwards and listened to it between classes, and save one track or 2, i hated it. it's their most ambient studio release yet, and i was hoping for one of their more rock-influenced albums. every radiohead album grows on you....it takes 10-15 listens from start to finish at minimum for me to truly understand and appreciate the work. it did grow on me... all tracks save 1 of them are at least tolerable at this point...one or two have fallen into the fantastic category... but i am a bit disappointed. granted, i had high expectations, but given the bands track record, i think high expectations are warranted.

there was one moment on it where i literally dropped everything i was thinking about and had my mind blown... there's a certain point on the album right after the two most chaotic tracks (feral, lotus flower) where it stops and very definitive and powerful piano chords enter in with codex... very empowering song even though it has no major crescendos or anything. the beginning of the album was very dark and hard to listen to, so that was such a major transition because after codex the last 2 songs are extremely euphoric sounding. creates an odd effect where i'll finish the last track and then have forgotten what the beginning sounded like....i've ended up listening to it front to back maybe 6-7 times today because of that. it's something of a bonus for no single track being exceptionally memorable, if such a pro exists.

has anyone else listened to it/care to share their thoughts?

oh, and just for poops and giggles...
In Rainbows > Amnesiac > OK Computer > Hail to the Thief > Kid A > King of Limbs > The Bends
i don't rank pablo honey, they were too different when they made their first album for it to be ranked anywhere near the rest of their work.[/quote]

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
By the way, I don't think they revealed the whole of the album.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
By the way, I don't think they revealed the whole of the album.
i've been thinking about it all day... by chance i happen to be on /mu/ at the moment discussing it as we speak. there's lots of evidence floating around... not to mention the somewhat cryptic announcement. but honestly i'm afraid to get my hopes up. i'm afraid of getting hurt like that again. :'(

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Deathkillshootdestroyhateprogressiveshootkillshootkillrapedestroy metal

k$sha's good too.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Still mostly video game music.

8D

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
i've been thinking about it all day... by chance i happen to be on /mu/ at the moment discussing it as we speak. there's lots of evidence floating around... not to mention the somewhat cryptic announcement. but honestly i'm afraid to get my hopes up. i'm afraid of getting hurt like that again. :'(
That's what happens when you hype things up too much, I'm afraid.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Celldweller<3
Disturbed
KoRn
Lost Prophets
Ill Nino
Iceman
Lacuna Coil
Mushroomhead
Utada Hikaru

the list goes on. :3

8D

SINCE XENO won't let me edit my damn posts..

Tyloric, you should try listening to OCremixes, unless you already have.
think you'd like them. :3

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
SINCE XENO won't let me edit my damn posts..

Merged the posts for you.

8D

Glad to see there's more around here who appreciate the awesomeness of VGM.

has anyone else listened to it/care to share their thoughts?

Gave the album a 2nd listen, and the only other track that grew on me besides "Bloom" and "Give up the Ghost", was "Codex". I realized that I have to really be in a laid back mood to get into this album since it's so mellow, as with most of my Ambient & Downtempo albums (especially the beatless ones). "Bloom" is really nice though, the sound reminds me of some of Thievery Corporation and earlier Lemongrass works, and a very easy song to get right into. "Give up the Ghost" I feel the same, it's very mellow but easy to get into... I could really drift off to it at night. "Codex" was different though, wasn't easy to get into but it grew on me eventually.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Glad to see there's more around here who appreciate the awesomeness of VGM.

The great thing about VGM is that you one day find out a video game you played ten years ago has an epicly awesome soundtrack; and then you didn't realize it.

Just recently I found out Half-Life has a killer OST, I never would have guessed.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
Disturbed
In Flames
Slipknot
linkin park
some bullet for my valentine
I also like to find underground music off places like newgrounds

Dentie

Reaction score
My mom....

Oh wait you mean music. Currently im listening alot to pendulum

Reaction score
Have you listened to "When the man comes around"? Probably my favourite Cash song.

Aye, I love it. There's something about cash's songs that can really speak to people whoever they are, the dark themes to his songs really stir something up when I listen to them. Great man, great legacy. ^_^

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Don't get much darker than the apocalypse.