• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what does eveybody do for a living?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
CIRCULATION ASSISTANT. Library circ staff, hooah. Don't get any cooler than that.

Working full time now. Mostly customer service stuff, still shelve occasionally, maintain books and such.

I work in retail. G-greatest job in the whole world...

I have all the downsides of a retail job except one. I don't actually HAVE to take their money. I can technically waive anything up to $10.00. But you know what? **** THEM. You want to return your books late? YOU CAN PAY IT. Gimme your ****ing lollipop, kid. [cue small child* fleeing in tears].

*I actually want to specify that, for the most part, small children aren't a problem. If they DO return their books late, they generally pay their fines (which generally aren't that big.) The problem is parents and other adults, who range from "I didn't have that book/didn't return it late/whatever" to "I don't want to pay that fine, waive some of it."

Even better when a mom rants at me for ten minutes that they never checked something out, returned it on time, whathaveyou, then some kid walks up and says, "mommy, it's sitting in the car right now." Thank you, kid,

... I'm sorry, why did this turn into me ranting about my job? Anyway, my brother has it worse than me, spent twelve hours on the Mall* yesterday setting up for some show and will spend the same amount of time today taking down a show and putting up some other one. Boy looks like a lobster and walks like a zombie.

*Edit: That's the National Mall... probably should have specified for the sake of coherency. http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/wash/dc70.htm

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
I don't do anything, my brother works at McDonalds

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I have all the downsides of a retail job except one. I don't actually HAVE to take their money. I can technically waive anything up to $10.00. But you know what? f*** THEM. You want to return your books late? YOU CAN PAY IT. Gimme your f****** lollipop, kid. [cue small child* fleeing in tears].

*I actually want to specify that, for the most part, small children aren't a problem. If they DO return their books late, they generally pay their fines (which generally aren't that big.) The problem is parents and other adults, who range from "I didn't have that book/didn't return it late/whatever" to "I don't want to pay that fine, waive some of it."

Even better when a mom rants at me for ten minutes that they never checked something out, returned it on time, whathaveyou, then some kid walks up and says, "mommy, it's sitting in the car right now." Thank you, kid.

I know how you feel. Most days at work are fine, and I've gotten used to many of the airhead teens who happen to ask the dumbest of questions for various products. But there's always that one Mr. Know-It-All who feels it necessary to educate me on our products with the assumption that I don't already know myself. Half the time they're completely incorrect with their information, but I tend to just let it slide and allow them to run their mouth... after all, the customer is always right.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I worked in a warehouse for a department store for a little while this summer. I wasn't even on payroll. They just paid me in cash every day. I'm unemployed right now, but I'll start back up as a student in August.

CLOAKD DRAGGON

Reaction score
Yeah i hate it when people act like they know how to do your job. I actually told this one guy that needed a faucett install off. First all this cat calls me to quote the faucett and shutoff valves and supply tubes install over the phone so i gave him a price range and when i get out there he had everything alredy there after i purchased it all because he wanted to go with it. He then wanted me to install his and return the items i bought. That cat then ask how much can i do that for. I then told him the same price as if i would use my parts. He got irate and told me i was f#####g him and i told him that the reason why is because i can't warranty the parts that he purchased and if there's a leak on his cheap parts i am not held responsible. He bought the cheapest faucet (price fishter) aka fisher price iended up just leaving and billing him the minimal service fee just for showing up. He later requested someone else back out to finish the work binstall but i ended up back out and he sent me on my way, so i billed him yet another$ 85 service fee. :cool:

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I'm a research at the Center for the Study of Family Violence and Sexual Assault.

Always cheerful here! :D

Since my location is a mouthful, usually I just say I do family violence research.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That sounds horribly depressing...

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
I don't have a job. i have no future. i don't want to work at mcdonalds or any fast food joint because people told me
"if u worked at a restauraunt, i would not go to said restauraunt."
i want a job really bad. 3 more months of this unemployed stuff and i am going to jump in the Tennessee River and Die

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ive done a number of jobs but my main job is working for a Sports Nutrition company and i also own a rock/alternate clothing online store with my girlfriend currently an Ebay store as i havent had time to finish the website yet but progressing slowly.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Cooool.

What's the address to your store, Drunkles?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i take loans and go to university for a living.
my major is journalism which is fast becoming like an art major: fruitless and jobless unless you're the best.

for change on the side, i work at a hardware store where i self-teach ASCII so i can maintain my bosses website for his fishing guide and charter businesses. unfortunately he knows absolutely nothing of technology, swears that anything not made by sony is garbage, and doesn't understand that if he doesn't tell me what he wants before i do it to his site, it means an hour of work over a minor detail.
most of his customer base can't even spell 'internet' anyhow. :/

though usually we end up watching movies and television shows and telling each other we're short-sighted morons for the movies/music/politics they side with.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Cooool.

What's the address to your store, Drunkles?

The website or Ebay Store? Website is nowhere near finished yet and only got a basic placeholder template up and been sorting all the behind the scenes systems first.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Oh. Well, give me a head's up once it's done. Sounds interesting.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh. Well, give me a head's up once it's done. Sounds interesting.

We have some stock for sale on Ebay and have been testing how fast certain items sell. Username Pixi_87 and store called Cupcakes and Coffins if you want to search.

Im in process of applying for a job at Amazon so applying to do fork lift license and re-writing my CV which i havent done for 9 years so been busy and not managed much progress on the site. Might get Steve to lend a hand when he has time as its his area of expertise rather than mine, would progress much faster then. :lol:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
We have some stock for sale on Ebay and have been testing how fast certain items sell. Username Pixi_87 and store called Cupcakes and Coffins if you want to search.

Im in process of applying for a job at Amazon so applying to do fork lift license and re-writing my CV which i havent done for 9 years so been busy and not managed much progress on the site. Might get Steve to lend a hand when he has time as its his area of expertise rather than mine, would progress much faster then. :lol:

You still have me signed on for my free freelance business, right? RIGHT??? :'(

JesiikaLeah

Reaction score
You do prosthetics. I wanna work for csi and make up the dead bodys lol but I doubt that will ever happen lol :(