• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Does Fable Do Right, and Wrong for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
What things do you like about Fable, and what do you hate? This is Fable as a franchise. Let's not flame, or cause arguments, please.

The Good
--Customizable Characters
--Open-World Gameplay
--Depth (Economy, Mini-Games, Houses, Shops, Marriage, Kids, etc)
--Customizable Weapons (in terms of Augments)
--Simple yet good RPG system
--Freedom (Male, Female, Evil, Good, Corrupt, Pure, etc)
--Weapons (Swords, and Guns)
--Classification (Iron, Obsidian, Steel, Flintlock, Turret, Strength, Skill, Will, etc)
--Choices

The Bad
--Ridiculous NPC Interactions (Patty-cake, Belch, Flatulence, Dance, etc)
--Ridiculous NPC Actions (Dialogue, Movements, Mentality)
--Ridiculous 'Improvements' (Seems like sequels are dumbed down)

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
In a nutshell, since I don't feel like reiterating my dissapointment with Fable:

The Good
--It's called 'Fable 3'

The Bad
--It's not like 'Fable', or 'The Lost Chapters'.

emh1701

Reaction score
I don't think making politics an issue of right or wrong is a good thing. I am Libertarian, personally. The more freedom, the better. Yet in the end game, every single decision to save money is considered "evil" by the game. I think this is wrong and is teaching children that saving money is wrong.

Yes, I finished the game. But I strongly disagree with what this game is teaching kids about monetary issues. Our nation is currently, in real life, facing a fiscal crisis. To teach kids that saving money is evil and will always result in harming people is not a good thing. Whatever happened to balance? Why must one always be one extreme or the other? In real life, things are not always cut and dry.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I don't think making politics an issue of right or wrong is a good thing. I am Libertarian, personally. The more freedom, the better. Yet in the end game, every single decision to save money is considered "evil" by the game. I think this is wrong and is teaching children that saving money is wrong.

Yes, I finished the game. But I strongly disagree with what this game is teaching kids about monetary issues. Our nation is currently, in real life, facing a fiscal crisis. To teach kids that saving money is evil and will always result in harming people is not a good thing. Whatever happened to balance? Why must one always be one extreme or the other? In real life, things are not always cut and dry.
1) This game doesn't teach.
2) It's not made for children.

Status
Not open for further replies.