• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what dont you want

grimgoth

3-runa
Reaction score
what dont you want

what was disapointing in fable 1 or do you have any expectations that you are worried about .what dont you want to see in fable 2 ?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: what dont you want

I suppose the only real thing that disappointed me about the original Fable and Fable: The Lost Chapters was when the game ended. I was kind of hoping it would go on forever. ^_^

I'd like it if Fable 2 was a heck of a lot longer and take me over one hundred hours to complete like Oblivion did. Much more good and evil moral depth would be a plus, too. It would be nice to have the world of Albion react completely different to my actions depending on whether I decide to be good or evil.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

The moral choices were really basic and poorly done. Shouldnt get good points for killing a bandit in self defense for example and the situations shouldnt be so cut and dry. For a game that boasted 'For every choice a consequence' there were very little consequences from any of your actions and it didnt change much.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I think that it lacked open endedness. It needs to have the feel and look of Fable (but more enhanced, obviously) with the content level of Oblivion.

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

good idea about this thread + rep
i dont want to see my mothers character

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;152948 said:
I think that it lacked open endedness. It needs to have the feel and look of Fable (but more enhanced, obviously) with the content level of Oblivion.

Yeah, they gave the illusion of an open ended game with many endings and possibilities with many choices when in fact it wasnt anything like that.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I don't want the same good/evil points system. Simply killing bandits in Fable gave you good points and that is quite stupid.

Killing a bandit, no matter how many people he has raped and murdered, is not a good deed. In fact, murder is a evil thing in general, but I guess as the bandit most likely attacked you first it would be self-defense - a neutral act.

Now, had said bandit been threatening to kill a little girl in front of you it would've been a good deed, not the killing itself but saving the little girl.

They need a much more complex system in Fable 2, one which takes circumstances into account. Attacking someone first and killing them should always be considered evil, no matter if it was an evil bandit or a innocent farmer.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

True...

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Arseface;152948 said:
Sounds good to me. It would also be cool to be able to purchase and download expansions packs like Oblivion's Shivering Isles, that would be awesome, too. Now that packed a whole ton of extra content into an already huge game. I'd love to be able to sink my teeth into some sexy Fable 2 expansion packs while I'm waiting for Fable 3 to arrive... ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;153026 said:
Sounds good to me. It would also be cool to be able to purchase and download expansions packs like Oblivion's Shivering Isles, that would be awesome, too. Now that packed a whole ton of extra content into an already huge game. I'd love to be able to sink my teeth into some sexy Fable 2 expansion packs while I'm waiting for Fable 3 to arrive... ^_^

Im 99% sure there will definitely be downloadable content, Peter Molyneux has expressed his vision into Xbox Live many times and knows of its possibilities.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Nothing really. :unsure:

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;153035 said:
Im 99% sure there will definitely be downloadable content, Peter Molyneux has expressed his vision into Xbox Live many times and knows of its possibilities.

PM has expressed lots of things:getlost: Lets hope hes learned from Fable:D

grimgoth

3-runa
Reaction score

one of the things i didnt like was the that the story was way to short,i managed to colpete it it 2 days another thing was that the world was to small and the lanscapes werent that varied

S

sabre3993

side quests = :D
when i play, i try and complete all the side quests possible, because that makes for a longer game experience, something the first lacked alot of. And i really hope they're not just crappy repetitive side quests that don't have any change on the game...."cough .... cough" assassins creed:wacko:.
I hope there's more just "i'm bored and i want sumthin to do:yawn: " things to do, fishing, sneakin around and stealing, etc...

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

How easy it was. I wanted the difficulty higher. :(

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, the difficulty was definitely not high enough. And more perks for being good. The evil character was easily more powerful than the Good guy, more so before TLC.

D

Dronaj

The main thing i disliked most about Fable and Fable: TLC was how non-permanent your choices were. I thought the game would have been a lot more fun and had a lot more replay value if it wasn't as easy as it was to sway back and forth from extremely good to extremely evil without breaking a sweat. I mean whenever I play a new file I'd be extremely evil and get my alignment back to fully good in one session. And the worst part was, all of Albion treated me like a saint when just a few hours before I was the evilest person on the planet with horns growing out of my head. haha.
I just think it'd be better if it wasn't so easy to stray from the path you pave throughout the game without a great deal of effort.

A

ashinator

fable and fable:tlc was quite disapointing because of the caracters eg thunder, wisper, scythe briar rose and theresa leaving

chasep2829

Reaction score

I think I would like to see you be able to be whatever you want to be and do more stuff with your spouse. A couple of things I didn't like in Fable 1 was the limit on what you could do with your spouse. I also think it would be kind of cool if you can decorate your house the way you want to and also be able to swim.