• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What the F*** is wrong with my classmates?

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: This isn't the usual rant about clothes, music, whatever...

For reference, I'm 16 and a Junior in HS.

Today, while in my summerschool keyboard/typing class, I had a discussion with my teacher in the middle of class, much to the dismay of the students around me, about how much time was wasted and work we did on a smiley matching game. It had nothing to do with typing, was all point and click, and added 20 minutes onto all our lessons (Which was useless, you cant lose ever, and it teaches nothing about typing or speed) I almost got her to cut it, which would have given us 2 hours to do make-up work and use the internet, and someone starts laughing and takes what I'm saying out of context and ruins my point, getting really lippy with the teacher. A few girls start complaining, and now point is ruined. What the hell?

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Well, first I'd like to say, I have the strangest urge to punch the person in your sig and avatar.
Now I'd like to say that all classmates are idiots to all classmates. The girls were probably thinking "guh this kid is so stupid I better complain", and that someone who started laughing is probably a major troll.
Just gotta deal with their stupidity.

Untill I take over the world, anyway.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Ultimately, the teacher is in charge and will have things done as she wants. This is a good system, if it were left to students there would be arguments and no productive work would be done. You try to get the teacher to change things, perhaps some students wouldn't like this change, others would prefer to have it changed in a different way, and others still might just resent that you had the teacher's ear. This is why the sort of discussion you were having is best had one-on-one before or after class.

As for what's wrong with your classmates, nothing. At least, nothing any different from yourself. If someone had almost convinced the teacher to have more smiley face time, would you not have tried to stop it?

I misjudged you, I guess, seeing as that was the wisest/most realistic thing anyone with a mustache like that has probably ever said. (Avatar or Not) It just annoys me people can't see that things would be MUCH better and they could still play the smiley face matching game on their own time for extra credit then. I digress.

Well, first I'd like to say, I have the strangest urge to punch the person in your sig and avatar.

With the game he's from, and how most of the endings are, You probably should punch him in the face, ha.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
With the game he's from, and how most of the endings are, You probably should punch him in the face, ha.

What game is he from? He just... he looks so annoying.

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score
Cool story bro.

To be honest this sounds just like sterotypical highschool BS. Don't worry about it, it'll all be over before you know it.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Smiley face clicking thing? What is this and how can I get it?

It's called 'Connect It' or something similar. Terrible excuse for a game, though. You just click matching smiley faces that can be reached within three right angles. So basically, if there's an open space between two faces, you can match them. I've just started thoughtlessly clicking, at least it's something to do. Assuming you're serious of course.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Do. Want.

Srsly.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Do. Want.

Srsly.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6914770_microtype-typing-games.html
You need a $100 typing program. Sorry, :(
Connect It

• Within the Numeric Keyboarding lesson is the Connect It game. This section involves 16 lessons, where students learn about the placement of the numbers located at the top of the keyboard and learn the placement of some commonly used symbols such as the brackets, exclamation point and the @ symbol. Students learn how to incorporate these symbols when they are typing paragraphs or sentences. The Connect It game focuses on drilling in this line of numbers and symbols, and students will earn extra game time and points based on their accuracy. In this game, lines of words or sentences will appear on the screen, and the students have to type these lines as fast as possible before time runs out. The game has different levels, which students can reach by doing well on the previous level.
S' Alright, just that part about brackets and learning is a lie, I've beaten every level and not once did it use anything other than a sentence or two and the homerow keys, which are not part of the game, but the previous lesson. Whatev's.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I bet they were this close to beating the high score.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
You're a junior in highschool and you still take typing? ._.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
You're a junior in highschool and you still take typing? ._.

I've taken it 3 times for quick credits, once under the name of typing, then another under keyboarding, now keywork. The Illinois school system never fails to make me laugh. Plus, I've done NovaNet classes all summer, I've gotten 4 credits from eight classes that took me 3 weeks total. It's like cheats for Life, huh? :D

I missed my freshmen year though do to family problems though, so I'm about two credits ahead rather than then the 4.5 I earned this summer.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
It's because they want to waste time and not learn, because learning is effort.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I like learning, except math.