• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where am I to buy games!!

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
So found out today that the gamestop store in my "city" (I use the term loosely lol) is closing tomorrow! (add that to the fact that earlier in the year they pulled most if not all their shops outa the north (of ireland) which obv. doesnt bode well). They didnt have any sales on, just shipping stock to a warehouse/other store, was talking to the sales assistant today who was filling me in.
Additionally, with the way "GAME" is going - not even stocking ME3, its not looking great for the gaming community here, we'll really only be left with HMV (which is in around £100mil debt as is,so yeh.......), we'd really just have to purchase everything online, which isnt the worst thing that could happen, but I personally like the ability to walk into a shop and browse/pick up etc.
Just an add-on here, GAME have a decent wee sale on atm, I'd 18 pound voucher I was given a while aback, and racked up a few points on my game reward card, so decided to use up my points while I still can, managed to get A.C. Brotherhood (preowned) for xbox, and A.C. Revelations (new) for PC £22, still leaves me some credit to buy something online - like I said, while I still can.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well you said it yourself, online shopping is basically the best option. Not to mention online stores like Amazon tend to have better prices and deals than the local retail.

Other than that, you can try the supermarkets over where you're at and see if they sell any games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Street stores are closing at an alarming rate and soon you may only be left with the option to purchase games online. I havent purchased a game in store for a very long time because Internet prices are much cheaper and can often get the games before the release date.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aside from Amazon, The Hut and Zavvi both do some pretty good deals online from time to time - and if you leave it a little while inbetween buying from them, they tend to be pretty generous with their discount codes. Been 6 months since I used The Hut and they're chucking me a 10% off code for anything without an expiry on it.

ShopTo are good and if you don't mind the wait, PlayAsia can be excellent. I've used CoolShop before and they are competitively priced although the first time I used them, my game was lost in the post (more Royal Mail being crap than them though).

Asda, Morrisons and Tesco can be fairly decent at times and when Zavvi's street stores closed, Sainsbury's picked up a lot of their stock and ever since have offered some nice deals on occasion. Woolworths still exists online but you have to watch them like a hawk to get anything good - when the deals come, they are awesome though.

Just avoid Argos like the plague. And never ever pre-order from them - took them over a month to get our game to us. Also WHSmith are appallingly-priced so don't bother with them.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I know, where I live we have 2 shopping centres, and the amount of shops that have closed/are rumoured to be pulling out will be leaving us with 2 Shopping centres and 4 shops between them.

Thanks for your advice on where to buy games, but I already know most the online places ^.^, my title was more at the surprise that I'm losing my shops lol Few of us were sure that game would be closing before gamestop in our area but guess not.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Additionally, with the way "GAME" is going - not even stocking ME3, its not looking great for the gaming community here,
What? Not stocking that game is a very, very good thing for the gaming community.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I stopped shopping in regular stores years ago. Not only are the only two places left where you can buy games either Gamestop or GAME. I hate both shops as they rip people off with their used games policies and trade-ins.

F*ck 'em.

No, I switched to a Swedish onlineshop and I've been a loyal customer there ever since. If I place my order before noon, I'll have the game in my mailbox the next day. Schweet.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
What? Not stocking that game is a very, very good thing for the gaming community.

I never got into MassEffect, havnt played any of them XD so cant make a call on that one. I've told the news to a few friends, every response "closing!" lol

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I never got into MassEffect, havnt played any of them XD so cant make a call on that one. I've told the news to a few friends, every response "closing!" lol

Fantastic series and one that any sci-fi/rpg/3rd person shooter fan should embrace with open arms.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I.. Well.. Urm.. Elaborate, please.

Online shopping is the way forward, it's where I all my clothes and games now.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
LMAO XD okay I'l let you away with it :p. i think I might play the mass effect series, but I want to atleast get through what I have uncompleted atm - skyrim (just main story first), followed by Brotherhood and Revelations.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
LMAO XD okay I'l let you away with it :p. i think I might play the mass effect series, but I want to atleast get through what I have uncompleted atm - skyrim (just main story first), followed by Brotherhood and Revelations.

Ive still got Revelations, Skyrim, Saints Row The Third, Batman Arkham City & Battlefield 3 to get through yet and ME3 arrived Friday so I feel your pain only got The Darkness II out the way so far in my list. Also got UFC Undisputed 3 arriving Monday which I found on Ebay but as its a sports title I will casually play it from time to time to get through it. So many games such little time, in between work and house buying its hard to find the time but always have to try and fit some gaming in otherwise im never going to finish these games.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Ive still got Revelations, Skyrim, Saints Row The Third, Batman Arkham City & Battlefield 3 to get through yet and ME3 arrived Friday so I feel your pain only got The Darkness II out the way so far in my list. Also got UFC Undisputed 3 arriving Monday which I found on Ebay but as its a sports title I will casually play it from time to time to get through it. So many games such little time, in between work and house buying its hard to find the time but always have to try and fit some gaming in otherwise im never going to finish these games.

House buying XD rub it in :p, yeh little time to play any more, mainly between general life, work, and a course I started sept. 2010 not much time to do much else, and as my new years resolution I decided to start reading again, aimed for a book a month (stuck to it so far) , which doesnt sound too hard but as your like myself, finding time isnt always easy.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
House buying XD rub it in :p, yeh little time to play any more, mainly between general life, work, and a course I started sept. 2010 not much time to do much else, and as my new years resolution I decided to start reading again, aimed for a book a month (stuck to it so far) , which doesnt sound too hard but as your like myself, finding time isnt always easy.

At least theres a games drought over the summer so gives people outside England a couple of months to get through their games before the Christmas rush. In England we only have 3 days of summer per year so we are screwed.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
In Ireland best we get is a day thats semi-warm but it'l still rain XD. Ther hasnt been many games out I wanted anyways, but I see darksiders 2 is coming out in the summer, enjoyed the 1st one, so hoping that they've improved on the first game and not just ended up with a carbon-copy but with a different character

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
In Ireland best we get is a day thats semi-warm but it'l still rain XD. Ther hasnt been many games out I wanted anyways, but I see darksiders 2 is coming out in the summer, enjoyed the 1st one, so hoping that they've improved on the first game and not just ended up with a carbon-copy but with a different character

I sometimes use these sites to find cheap games too Cheapfindergames and Dealspwn. Im interested in the new Hitman and Max Payne too and both are out soon so ive got some serious gaming to get through.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I completely forgot about Hitman, the trailer a while back looked good, Found n article that said game management has been told to prepare for administration but Gamestop might be planing to buy over game when/if they can get a good price

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I completely forgot about Hitman, the trailer a while back looked good, Found n article that said game management has been told to prepare for administration but Gamestop might be planing to buy over game when/if they can get a good price

At this rate im not going to know who owns who, GAME close to administration but their subsidiary Gamestation acquired Gameplay who have now closed and are under Gamestation control and then Gamestop could be planning on purchasing GAME... when will it end? :lol:

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
It will end.......................w
At this rate im not going to know who owns who, GAME close to administration but their subsidiary Gamestation acquired Gameplay who have now closed and are under Gamestation control and then Gamestop could be planning on purchasing GAME... when will it end? :lol:

It wil end.......................when google buys over everything XD