• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which gun to buy? Need opinions

Which gun?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9mm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F

FableFreak

Which gun to buy? Need opinions

Hi,

I know little about pistols. If you guys had the choice - which gun set-up would you go for?

.380 Llama Micromax

^Got a good rating, not too many good reviews. Supposedly innacurate as hell and doesn't take hollow-points. Cheap price for a .380 though.

Taurus 22/25 Series

^Also got 4/5 stars, good reviews. Concealable, good looking, but lacks punch and is most likely innacurate due to its small size. Also very reliable and rugged for its price and make.

Vektor SP1

^Out of my price range currently, looks aren't the greatest, otherwise it got a good rating.

No rep will be provided to those who give their opinion or vote. ^_^

H

HodgePodge

Re: Which gun to buy? Need opinions

This sounds like a rip-off of Steve's sofa thread. Except deadlier :ninja: And i say buy 'em all.

Brian: One .380 Llama Micromax, One Taurus 22/25 Series, and One Vektor SP1

Doomed Sales Clerk: Will that be all sir?

Brian: Yes

Doomed Sales Clerk: Okay, that'll be (insert extremely cheap sales figure here) *hands Brian purchased guns which are all already loaded*

Brian: Yes, I was afraid we might hit that little snag *shoots Doomed Sales Clerk and laughs evilly*

F

FableFreak

Thats actually how my last transaction went, and probably the next one... Come to think of it that happens at the grocery store weekly.

H

HodgePodge

I believe it :noexpression:

F

FableFreak

People know better than to ask you for money when you have two pistols on both sides of your hip.

H

HodgePodge

Where's the third one? o_O

F

FableFreak

No, because thats not the only concelaed weapon I have on me.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

20110-1.jpg

Just based on looks

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Man, America has really slack gun laws... Right to bear firearms... Sheesh. No offense intended, but Australia learned from the Port Arthur Massacre that guns are bad...

My advice, learn a martial art instead, its much more impressive.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

No pistol experience - only bigger guns for me - so couldn't recommend one. However, I guess it would depend what you want it for. If you want decent accuracy, then pay more money. If you just want to play cowboys, then I suppose it doesn't matter :lol:

I suppose because I live in a country whereby civilians cannot carry firearms I don't really get the whole gun thing in America...but then I imagine people are trained a lot more in the responsible use of weapons.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Angel;132446 said:
I suppose because I live in a country whereby civilians cannot carry firearms I don't really get the whole gun thing in America...but then I imagine people are trained a lot more in the responsible use of weapons.

Not really, at least where I live. I know quite a lot of people who have a gun who...Probably shouldn't, really. They may be trained, yes, (well...some of them aren't...) but they sure don't act like it ;-)

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

bearing a firearm is a silly waste of money, like arseface said learn a martial art, if you want protection carry a riot shield and beat people with it :)
alternatively carry a sword. or knives, i would
"gimmi your money!"
(cuts him in half)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Can't you just get this?

gun_b.jpg

It's all soft and cuddly and won't hurt anybody!

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

thats a great idea tsuyu lol

F

FableFreak

Look, I don't need people criticizing me or my country because we have looser gun laws. I simply came to ask your opinions on which I should buy.

BTW Here is how I see martial arts:

A person is walking home at night, then a mugger with a weapon comes out on you. So you could spend quite some time learning marital arts, a strenuous and time consuming thing especially in this world where free-time is low. Or you can carry a concealed weapon and defend yourself with a bullet going the speed of sound. :D

No matter how good you are at martial arts you can't run from a .38, thats how I see it.

(PS: Thats the last I'm going to say, I don't want anyone to argue back)

Edit: Because I live in Commiefornia its hard enough to get guns, let alone handguns. Especially in the Bay Area.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

So are you any closer to a decision then?

OldBoy

Reaction score

I'd go for a 9mm, has the most punch. .22 is really not powerfull enough for defense. It probably hurts like hell to get shot with a .22, but it might not stop a adrenaline fueled person...

Why not a sig? p228/p239?

-edit-
I however agree that it's not wise to carry a gun on the streets, but hey - to each his own...

F

FableFreak

A sig would be nice, but remember I am running between 150 - 300 dollars. (9mm is looking good, but so far not settled)