• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wife is gone after "The Rescue" quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

wherner

Reaction score
Wife is gone after "The Rescue" quest

I'm married to Lady Grey and when I am at the quest's ending point where your spouse takes your child home. So she takes him home and it autosaves. I wanted to make more babies with her (funny thing: on my complete good and pure file I got a black red-headed child) so I teleport to our home (Fairfax Castle) and I end up at the throne room and follow the glowing trail. It leads to a wall near one of those dog house looking things where guards sometimes stay in. The only person there is my kid (completely responsive) but no Lady Grey in site. I searched everywhere but she isn't there. I also searched on the internet for this but no one has ever given a straight answer. Could I please have some help?

Note: I have two files where I married Lady Grey and the same problem occured to both of the files. I have a female file on another profile and when I did the quest everything was fine and my husband didn't go missing.

Ankhesenpaaten

Wounded Orb
Reaction score
Re: Wife is gone after "The Rescue" quest

All I can say is I'm really sorry, but you are screwed. I had the same thing happen to me. In all my dozen or so games I cannot take her anyplace but the Graveyard Mansion or else she vanishes at one point or another. You have to marry her right away and keep her in the graveyard forever. Fairfax Castle or any other place is a no-no. I'm really sorry. I learned this the hard way, too. Also, it seems Lionhead won't fix this glitch altho many players have griped about it.

wherner

Reaction score

Ankhesenpaaten;370097 said:
All I can say is I'm really sorry, but you are screwed. I had the same thing happen to me. In all my dozen or so games I cannot take her anyplace but the Graveyard Mansion or else she vanishes at one point or another. You have to marry her right away and keep her in the graveyard forever. Fairfax Castle or any other place is a no-no. I'm really sorry. I learned this the hard way, too. Also, it seems Lionhead won't fix this glitch altho many players have griped about it.

Damn! Thank-you for posting, I appreciate it. Now I'll just have to marry someone else and make an army of kids.

Ankhesenpaaten

Wounded Orb
Reaction score

Hah! If you do that put it up on YouTube!!!

wherner

Reaction score

Ankhesenpaaten;370105 said:
Hah! If you do that put it up on YouTube!!!

LOL someone did that. I saw a video where a guy had like 30+ kids and he had like only 1 son out of them all. That's a lot of Rescue missions.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

wherner;370106 said:
LOL someone did that. I saw a video where a guy had like 30+ kids and he had like only 1 son out of them all. That's a lot of Rescue missions.

I thought you could only have one kid per spouse?

nicomon

Why?
Reaction score

My little brother managed two from one spouse. although the second never got older than a baby.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

You can only have one rescue quest.

And James Butts, you're wrong. I have 5 kids with my wife.

Desperodo

Reaction score

I took Lady Grey to homstead and she just screamed and somehow went back to graveyard

Ankhesenpaaten

Wounded Orb
Reaction score

Ah, that video is funny! What kind of renown do you need to have, like, 15 people follow you??? (boggled) Anyway, that was great! So far I only have 3 kids with one spouse and 5 with another. One person said you can have up to 10 but this guy/gal proved them wrong!

Ankhesenpaaten

Wounded Orb
Reaction score

Desperodo;370153 said:
I took Lady Grey to homstead and she just screamed and somehow went back to graveyard

You must have turned evil and ugly looking. I did that once and she screamed and ran. Were you able to turn back to good and get her back since she went to the cemetery? Or what DID happen?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

same thing happened to me and no1 knew how to fix it. is she in a wall to the left when u enter the gardens, and to the right coming out the castle? if so, welcome to the club

wherner

Reaction score

Evan52395;370252 said:
same thing happened to me and no1 knew how to fix it. is she in a wall to the left when u enter the gardens, and to the right coming out the castle? if so, welcome to the club

Yeah when you go out of the castle door the glowing trail leads to the right and straight into a wall. The only person there was my kid. :/

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^ ya it was kinda creepy cuz I'd come into town and my kids talking to a wall in bak of a guard post. Lol. I married another woman and put her in the bloodstone mansion

Status
Not open for further replies.