• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WIP - Jack of Blades costume

Archon'sRage

Reaction score
Re: WIP - Jack of Blades costume

MaskMaker;283161 said:
So it has been 2 years since this topic has seen activity... And now, I've found my way here as a complete newbie, facing the same challenge as the Dutchmen that started this very thread... Has anyone else completed a Jack of Blades costume?
I was at the Fantasy fair in 2007 and 2008, all dressud up as a necromancer, Now for 2009 I'm creating a J.O.B. costume and I'm studying as much as I can to find out how others go about it and what the best materials are. I have finished the mask & the hood. Does anyone have any tips on the armor?

it's just me but used the metal wrap stuff in your kitchen make balls in shape of the armor then but a thin cloth over it to keep the snmall gleam from the stuff underneath and have the right shape but hould be compressed as much as possible so it stays that shape
(hopefully he will look at this comment.)

M

MaskMaker

Errr... Okay, apologies for breaking a rule I did not know about. But ignorance is probably no excuse though... What rule actually?
And yes I have not been on ANY forum for the better part of a decade I believe...
Still no excuse there.
And, I've only caught on the the very existence of the game Fable since a few months now that I finally got a computer with the necessary properties te run it.
And yet again... Well you get my point. I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.
But, still, I was interested as to any others handled the problem of Jack's armor. I've been talking to a lot of people (well, a lot of people with idea's, very few who actually have experience in matters such as this) and the closest thing I have is a foam base which I will cover in metallic-look latex paint. The problem of creating the decorative runes has not been solved yet, nor has the problem of the spiked portruding from the armor.
Thanks to Archon's rage for the tip though, because my solution might just backfire.

So anyway thanks to all for reading this and please let me know what rules I broke or which others ones I have to pay attention to, and whether or not more introductions from my part are required...

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

^don't worry about breaking a rule it's better than starting a new thread for it i was just kidding and when you did your post you didn't spam or something so don't worry about it.
i take mask classes and to make the masks (already made one) is

the earth is speak of is the one you use to make pots and stuff

-model your head out of earth(round oval with and nose)
-put clear plastic over it and put more earth and shape jacks mask and
-when done modeling make walls of earth and surround the mask
-then put plaster(or whatever it is) then remove the plaster and you have your mask mold
-now put soap or oil on the mold interiur
-now take realy thin paper and rip peices of it then take rabbit skin glue(or something(it's made with the things underneath their skin))
-now put glue on the papers and put inside the mold and get all of the shapes of the mask
-now do another layer
-now use thick(really thick) paper(you still have to rip it) and add it on
-let dry.
-remove mask
-cut borders
-paint
-and string on the end of mask to make it hold and voila! a mask
-now use th

M

MaskMaker

Thanks again! But the mask isn't posing the biggest problem... The armor Jack wears on his legs and abdomen is. I am satisfied with the masks I have (Yes, that's a plural there) but now I have to think of a way to make the foam I have look like actual armor. I think I have the chance to cheat a little if I can get my hands on my girlfriends leather horseriding chaps (Ok dear, by the time you read this yourself I probably asked you nicely first :) So don't be mad) ,those will take care of the lower legs, leaving me with just the upper legs. I think on the abdomen the foam base, dyed black and with a metallic paint/latex finish will do the trick. But does anyone else have any thoughts?

Oh and, I will behave myself and keep my inquiries inside this topic, no spamming, or anything of the sort. I'd hate to gain evil points...
:devil:

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

for the armour you can buy actual suits of armour online. Just buy leggins of metal for like couple hundred bucks then design runes on it. By that you can wield or sodder. If not you can make leggins with dirt bike leggins and make them metallic silver

H

holeinthehead

for future referance you can also use Vasoline instead of plastic When your making plastering a ,old of your face. I never tried plastic but i think The other Would be more molded to the shape of your face.
p.s. If you try the vasoline, put plenty on. it could get painful

darkgardions

Reaction score

i reallly want to the finished product i wanna make 1 myself but i dont have the materials