• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Working while Travelling

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I've been saving up money for some time now to travel abroad. I haven't planned too far ahead in terms of routes and ideas but I know it'll be around Asia as it's always a place I've wanted to visit. Probably parts of Indonesia too. One thing I tried to find on the internet but can't is about working while I'm travelling. The internet assumes that when I search for work in other countries that I want 80K a year teaching jobs.

I'll be looking for simple work from place to place, if I'm staying in one place for a long-ish period I was wondering how difficult it would be to get bar work in places like Thailand, Vietnam or even India?

I know about Visa's and those kind of restrictions but is there anything I should really be wary of? As I've said, I've tried searching but haven't found a whole lot.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Does anything here help?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
As far as I know, that part of Asia is pretty hot right now for younger people to go and work. Much like Australia is very popular among younger people in Europe. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was Vietnam in particular.
Another thing I've heard people do is go to Australia, work your ass off for like half a year, don't spend anything or party at all. Then take the money you've gathered and just chill out for another 6 months in Vietnam (or somewhere in that region), since the living costs are super low.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
You could always become a prostitute in the mean time to pay for rent, flights, food, & crack etc.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Thanks Drakan. Didn't come across that searching.

@Rotid: Yeah sounds like the best option for me. I'll just have to get used to saving. Thanks for your ideas.