• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

World of Warcraft -- Worth playing again?

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
So I have a friend who is bugging me to start playing WoW again. I haven't played the game since frozen throne first came out. Anyways I know that the game has gone through a lot of updates with the new expansion coming out next month. I was able to retrieve my old account, and also have a free 10 days to play with a 'scroll' my friend sent me.

So I was wondering, is the game really worth picking up again?

Post your thoughts please. :)

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Haha :D
My account got hacked like 3 years ago, so I made another one like 2 years ago, I have a lvl 30 ... something with a lot of gold, but it's frozen, and I don't think I'm gonna heat it up again.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Fenrir, have you even played the game?

I say yes, I like WoW, haven't played in awhile, but I might go back to it some time. So yeah, why not.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
Fenrir, have you even played the game?

I say yes, I like WoW, haven't played in awhile, but I might go back to it some time. So yeah, why not.

I have, it has its enjoyable qualities but couldnt keep me hooked, plus its the butt of the biggest gaming joke ever.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Ah, just wanted to know. A lot of people truthfully insult it without even trying it first.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Ah, just wanted to know. A lot of people truthfully insult it without even trying it first.
Very much so indeed.

I began playing World of Warcraft when it was beta stage, and enjoyed it as a Resto Shaman ever since. Vanilla was truly great and loved the hardcore raiding in both vanilla and The Burning Crusade -- loved Tier 6! After clearing literally every instance, things didn't become boring. There was much to do still, and immersion was to be found as well. Especially role-play.

However, ever since WoTLK, things had gone down quickly, and I figured after failing one year of college that it wasn't worth it any more. Well, WotLK wasn't anyway. I consider giving it a try once Cataclysm comes out and see what it is like. If it's good, I might consider leveling from 70 to 80... otherwise I'll simply quit if it's not interesting enough as it seems.

So my suggestion is, give it a try, enjoy it. And if not, quit.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
No.

Get Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, and burn WoW to hell.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I get on it sometimes and stand in a major city on my priest named Hugepenance and ask people what the meaning of life is.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
let me correct the thread title:
World of Warcraft worth playing ever?

NO.

FableAddict

Reaction score
I think that it was a good game whenever I did play it, but It's really easy to get addicted to. It distracted me from my school work and during the summer that was almost the only thing I did. When I finally realised what it was doing to my life, I quit. If you don't think that your goning to get hooked on it, then yes play it; if you're the kind of person who gets addicted to a game easily then no it's not worth it.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
I once made a Crazy-Hot night Elf, named Tracy.
She had short purple hair, cute innocent face and sweet kissable lips.
Then random male characters started hitting on me - in-game!! WTF!?!?!

So I abandoned beautiful Tracy and never touch her again.

It just felt so wrong playing as a female character when I'm a dude - I WAS A G.I.R.L. AND I WAS MOLESTED!!!!
... ****!

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
let me correct the thread title:
World of Warcraft worth playing ever?

NO.
I'm going to ask the same question Skotekal asked Fenrir: have you ever played the game, or are those who simply say NO based on assumptions made by others?

Eremis

Reaction score
No.

Get Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, and burn WoW to hell.

This. WoW is by far the best endgame MMO I've ever played. Nothing can compete with it's boss encounters/raids/dungeons etc. But It's addictive, and you end up putting your life on hold for it, and prioritising WoW over life, AND making commitments to guilds and whatnot. I played WoW for a good 4 years before I quit, and I'm to stubborn to admit I regret it, but to be honest, if you're gonna get addicted to something, at least let it be something new, with amazing looking concept art etc.

*Looking forward to GW2*

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I'm going to ask the same question Skotekal asked Fenrir: have you ever played the game, or are those who simply say NO based on assumptions made by others?

yea i've played it. i dabbled in free MMO's for a while, and a couple of friends told me i had to try it.
i was already sick of the genre, but i tried it anyway. probably didn't like it because it was an MMO, but i also don't like how i've seen so many people becoming ridiculously obsessed with it and it taking precedense over real life. more so than another major online game like CoD or Halo would.

not to mention i worked at a gamestop during the midnight launch of wrath of the lich king. the people who walked in needed a shave, a shower, and a diet more than WoW.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
But It's addictive, and you end up putting your life on hold for it, and prioritising WoW over life, AND making commitments to guilds and whatnot. I played WoW for a good 4 years before I quit, and I'm to stubborn to admit I regret it, but to be honest, if you're gonna get addicted to something, at least let it be something new, with amazing looking concept art etc.*
yea i've played it. i dabbled in free MMO's for a while, and a couple of friends told me i had to try it.
i was already sick of the genre, but i tried it anyway. probably didn't like it because it was an MMO, but i also don't like how i've seen so many people becoming ridiculously obsessed with it and it taking precedense over real life. more so than another major online game like CoD or Halo would.

not to mention i worked at a gamestop during the midnight launch of wrath of the lich king. the people who walked in needed a shave, a shower, and a diet more than WoW.
Response to both quoted (bold) parts:

Here is where most people go in the wrong. Everybody seems to be blaming the game for an (supposedly) addiction. The game is just like it is: a game. You can't blame it, nor could you blame the developers for getting people addicted to it, compared to CoD or whatsoever. It's, ultimately, up to the very individual playing whether he or she becomes addicted or not. Even up to the point where it's life-crushing.

I'm not saying I hadn't been addicted heavily - which I admit, I was - but I'm not blaming the game like some people do (not directed at either of you, just noticed that little part in both of your posts).

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Response to both quoted (bold) parts:

Here is where most people go in the wrong. Everybody seems to be blaming the game for an (supposedly) addiction. The game is just like it is: a game. You can't blame it, nor could you blame the developers for getting people addicted to it, compared to CoD or whatsoever. It's, ultimately, up to the very individual playing whether he or she becomes addicted or not. Even up to the point where it's life-crushing.

saying someone chooses to be addicted or not is silly. you don't decide to obsess over anything, least of all a video game. if a game is highly addictive that's probably the best reason of all not to play it. that's why i tell everyone to steer clear. i'm doing a favor more than anything else, really.

CoD has a tendency to be addictive. Halo, WoW, Sims, Starcraft, and Elder Scrolls, too. for that reason NOBODY should EVER play them if they are going to have a life at all in the following 2-3 months. period.

and of course the game isn't what's to blame.
any moron who doesn't listen to me and ends up getting divorced/fired/expelled because they thought i was wrong is to blame, of course.

Lupus

Reaction score
saying someone chooses to be addicted or not is silly. you don't decide to obsess over anything, least of all a video game. if a game is highly addictive that's probably the best reason of all not to play it. that's why i tell everyone to steer clear. i'm doing a favor more than anything else, really.

CoD has a tendency to be addictive. Halo, WoW, Sims, Starcraft, and Elder Scrolls, too. for that reason NOBODY should EVER play them if they are going to have a life at all in the following 2-3 months. period.

any moron who doesn't listen to me and ends up getting divorced/fired/expelled because they thought i was wrong is to blame, of course.

I must say i disagree i believe it's wholly and completely the person to blame not the games. If someone knows they have a tendency to become "addicted" to things such as video games then yes you would be helping by advising them to steer clear. But this does not apply to everyone. Some people (such as myself) can play games such as WoW and CoD without getting carried away and allowing them to consume our lives. Those that become addicted are a minority there is an abundance of casual players. The person who becomes addicted is not a moron but are just predisposed to being easily addicted.

So...a little summary xD Self control must be exercised with these games and if someone is aware they become easily "addicted" or "obsessed then by all means steer clear.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

That is, wholeheartedly said, something I completely disagree with.

I haven't said that addiction is something a person chooses. You misunderstood me. If one does not have the discipline to have any self-control, then the consequences are left for him or her to handle. The examples of games you give are all games of which I can tell you that there are more than enough people who did not get addicted to said games. Why? It's all about DISCIPLINE.

The wrong thing you made was to assume this would happen to everybody, generalize the situation, and blame the game (and possibly its developers for creating said games).