• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox 360 "Parental Timer" Coming With Fall Update...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Xbox 360 "Parental Timer" Coming With Fall Update...

Microsoft Xbox Team
------------------------------------
1424561501202ba84c9mho9.jpg

------------------------------------
Xbox 360

GamePro said:
gameprologoac5.gif

The bi-annual Xbox 360 firmware update coming this fall will allegedly see the arrival of parental controls, namely a Parental Timer to help gamers maintain moderation in time spent playing.

"Sources tell me that the update will allow people to set a password protected usage timer on their Xbox 360s," reports Kotaku's Brian Crecente.

"In other words, parents or loved ones will be able to limit the amount of time someone can game on the system during a given time period."

The rumor comes amid criticisms that excessive gaming results in an increased number of juvinile deliquents.

Microsoft officials denied comment for confirmation when contacted by GamePro.

:ninja: Sucks for all those kiddies out there, but also gives parents even better moderation over their children.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Xbox 360 "Parental Timer" Coming With Fall Update...

Gikoku;132174 said:
:ninja: Sucks for all those kiddies out there, but also gives parents even better moderation over their children.

Todd got there first but still i think its a great idea, sucks for the kids but as im not a kid i dont care :lol:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;132175 said:

:lol: Dah! I did it again..lol :blush:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gikoku;132177 said:
:lol: Dah! I did it again..lol :blush:

It happens but at least the reports are still coming :thumbsup:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Alternatively, a regular kitchen timer would do the same job but the parents would actually have to do that thing called, oddly enough, parenting and turn off the console when the time is up. I can see that causing some of them difficulty though :rolleyes:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Angel;132186 said:
Alternatively, a regular kitchen timer would do the same job but the parents would actually have to do that thing called, oddly enough, parenting and turn off the console when the time is up. I can see that causing some of them difficulty though :rolleyes:

Yeah, the children going all "AW! But Mooooomm, I was almost finished! :'("

:lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;132186 said:

Yeah at least this way the console itself will turn off automatically and there is no 'bad guy' really.

Gikoku;132188 said:
Yeah, the children going all "AW! But Mooooomm, I was almost finished! :'("

:lol:

Poor them... :lol: they will just have to learn to limit themselves until they are old enough to make their own choices.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Personally, I reckon you'd be the bad guy for even buying the timer in the first place - first rule of parenting - You Will Never Be The Good Guy :lol:

I'm sure it's an idea for all those parents who, without thinking, allow their kids to have consoles in their rooms...now all we need are for parents to utilise the parental safety control features of the Xbox 360 to stop their little darlings accessing games which are too old for them instead of moaning all the time...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;132186 said:
I'm imagining that they will be able to limit the amount of time over a week or any given day so the timer is set once and imposed many times.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

So... what. There will be like an internal timer on the console that will only let you play for a set ammount of hours, AND it is password protected?

Now that sounds like a sadistic trick to play on one's 360 owning friends.... nyhuhuh...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;132222 said:
So... what. There will be like an internal timer on the console that will only let you play for a set ammount of hours, AND it is password protected?

Now that sounds like a sadistic trick to play on one's 360 owning friends.... nyhuhuh...

:lol: now why didnt i think of that.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I'm guessing that you'd have to turn their account into a restricted account on the console as well :devil: