• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Can a 360 controller be used with an XB1 too? Mainly cause I'll likely prefer the old 360 pad for some titles, but also cause it'll definitely save me a few good bucks there.

Trying to imagine the unfortunate comedy in all that.

Does that include DLC as well? Cause there's no way I'll be repurchasing any of that, and for some games the DLC doesn't even exist anymore (literally, can't even redownload) such as WWE '13 for example.
You'll still need to get Xbox One controllers since they use a more advanced syncing method. It would be an additional huge block of code and maybe an adapter to get the original controllers to work. Going back to the 360 controller feels weird to me now but the Xbox One controller felt weird at first. It's all what you get used to I guess.

DLC is in the same category as the game it self. It just needs to be approved. The software emulates the full 360 minus the kinect pass through support as I mentioned.

Interestingly this basically means that the 360 can be run on Windows 10, I see a time, maybe after it's no longer being sold, that a free 360 emulator will be made available for Window 10.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You'll still need to get Xbox One controllers since they use a more advanced syncing method. It would be an additional huge block of code and maybe an adapter to get the original controllers to work. Going back to the 360 controller feels weird to me now but the Xbox One controller felt weird at first. It's all what you get used to I guess.

DLC is in the same category as the game it self. It just needs to be approved. The software emulates the full 360 minus the kinect pass through support as I mentioned.

Interestingly this basically means that the 360 can be run on Windows 10, I see a time, maybe after it's no longer being sold, that a free 360 emulator will be made available for Window 10.

Ah okay, well I can adapt so I'll be fine in that regard, but was definitely hoping to save some cash in the end. Controllers just aren't cheap anymore unfortunately.

Cool on the DLC front then, I know one game recently got approved and the devs stated if you already bought the DLC for their game or have the GOTY version then it's all free when switching to the XB1's BC.

That'd pretty nice, although I'm gonna feel really bad for that one guy who only just recently started making some serious progress on his 360 emulator... the look on his face when he finally comes close to completion and MS dumps a free emulator on everybody. Hah.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ah okay, well I can adapt so I'll be fine in that regard, but was definitely hoping to save some cash in the end. Controllers just aren't cheap anymore unfortunately.

Cool on the DLC front then, I know one game recently got approved and the devs stated if you already bought the DLC for their game or have the GOTY version then it's all free when switching to the XB1's BC.

That'd pretty nice, although I'm gonna feel really bad for that one guy who only just recently started making some serious progress on his 360 emulator... the look on his face when he finally comes close to completion and MS dumps a free emulator on everybody. Hah.

Yeah seems like Todd has covered everything I was going to say & great that I can stream my XB1 games to my PC so I wouldn't even have to move to play any digital games. :lol:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Looks like XB1 might also end up getting backwards compatibility for the Original Xbox games as well! Whenever it may be it'll have to wait until the 360 is sorted out, but I hope it'll end up happening. It would easily save me a good chunk of space in my game room stand and not have to worry about my original Xbox collection getting all dusty.

http://www.destructoid.com/original...ompatibility-support-on-xbox-one-307095.phtml

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
324373-AAB.jpg

Microsoft: Xbox One backward compatibility on a 'monthly cadence', December details 'soon'

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Currently you can only install 360 games that are available on 1 disc, so games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, some Mass Effect titles, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon etc that are on multiple discs dont currently work. However it seems there is a fix in the works that could come early 2016 to rectify this.