• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You can be your favourite Rival Hero!

Killer0ed

Reaction score
Re: You can be your favourite Rival Hero!

I have a problem. When I put the original ID, My character is still the Jack of Blades. Even when I made a new game, he still is.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Maybe you are not clicking 'Apply Changes' before you save and run. Or maybe you mixed up the numbers, Hero Mesh ID=4299.
If you still can't get it, replace your game.bin.

D

DOHmanJr

K For some strange reason my fable explorer and fable don't work.... I try the mod and then i try playing my character. But when i am in load screen it stops and says "Fable-The Lost Chapters has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the Program.. It says this no matter what mod i am using. I have used the mod before and it worked just fine. I have uninstalled both Fable Explorer and Fable. Please help me Thanks.:D

D

DOHmanJr

Haha nvm i figured it out

D

DOHmanJr

lol um i tried changing it back to normal and this is what i got. I am completely invisible haha my face arms neck my hair is just floating there haha and for some reason i have a boot on one foot and not on the other.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

There are several rules you have to follow. I will list them in order of importance, from greatest to least.

1. Whenever editing files, always, ALWAYS make backups. Take the original files that you are editing and save them somewhere, so you can always bring it back to the original state if you want to, or if you messed something up. This doesn't only apply to Fable modding.
2. When posting on a forum, instead of posting three times in a row, you should edit your first post.

Unless you made backups, the only way to revert yourself is if you know how to do so (which you obviously messed up), or reinstall Fable, yet again.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Arladerus;327366 said:
Unless you made backups, the only way to revert yourself is if you know how to do so (which you obviously messed up), or reinstall Fable, yet again.

You don't need to reinstall to fix modding problems, even if you did not make back-ups. You can get the original game files off of the disks.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Right right. Thank you for correcting me. =)

Gerdy Neek

Reaction score

Yeah I may have messed with this too much and made the wasps prostitutes and me a bench. Now I cant load my game when I say save mods and run fable. Help?

jwc2200

Reaction score

If you made back-ups of the game files, put them where they go and start over. If you didn't make back-ups, click the link in my sig about back-ups to find out how to find the game files and where to put them.

T

Tadashii Itami

Whenever I go to open the finalalbion.wad file it says: computer does not recognise file type and must no what program was used to be able to open this, but it just comes up with a load of bull when I search online, can anyone help me! please?!

Scythe

Archon
Reaction score
Anyone who's done it with Scythe know if it works right?
I lied it's not a spoiler.

Czar_Redwall

Reaction score
Well I followed your steps, I even used Thunder, but my guy is still... Normal... Any suggestions on whats wrong?

Jack Is Back

Reaction score
i need helps i made mine into jack but how do i give him jack's animation? EDIT: i got it to work but i can only run but the running is what the walking should be what do i do?

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Learn how to use the CAppearanceDef sucks tool. Not joking, that's what it is actually called. Which animations are used for a creature, like the Hero, is determined in the CAppearanceDef. Swapping the Hero's for Jack's is not enough, and it's really poor form. You want to manually edit the animations the Hero uses to those that Jack uses.

Jack Is Back

Reaction score
Learn how to use the CAppearanceDef sucks tool. Not joking, that's what it is actually called. Which animations are used for a creature, like the Hero, is determined in the CAppearanceDef. Swapping the Hero's for Jack's is not enough, and it's really poor form. You want to manually edit the animations the Hero uses to those that Jack uses.
i don't know what you mean but i got it to work kinda he won't walk if he runs he walks like jack