• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

your weapon set-up

What is your favourite combat style.

• Melee.

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Ranging.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Magic.

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryu nick

Reaction score
Hey,

I recently bought Fable 3 and i really love the game.

But the thing is since there are loads and loads of weapons.

What is your favourite weapon combination?

For instance atm i use the bonesmasher and slimquick both fully charged with an unwoven firespell gauntlet.

What is your favourite set-up and why?

Furthermore wiill add an poll to check out what your favourite combat style is.

Looking forward to your reply's

Kind regards.

Ryu Nick.

Aruu

Reaction score
Ranged. I've been using the hero pistol for most of the game, and the Bonesmasher during the encounters with Hollowmen. I'm using the Chickenbane at the moment, because I want to open a demon door by maxing it out.

Melee wise, I'm using the Casanova, but I rarely use it, only when I'm left with one Hobbe that somehow keeps twirling out of the way of my shots.I'm a vain creature, I want to earn the 'immune to scarring' thing it has.

Will wise, I change it up, but at the moment I'm using shock + vortex for some uber pwning when I need it. I'm still playing around with those, and I only tend to use them if a group of enemies is overwhelming.

Reaction score
I usually stick to My pistol, I liked using My rifle until it decided to turn itself into a blunderbuss.

Eavath

Reaction score
I'm using my Hero Hammer and Swift Irregular right now, though the Facemelter is my regular (I love the name ^^)

Though I love killing stuff with my Vortex+Blades weave... Epic pwnage with AOE lvl 5 charge... Everything that gets sucked up by the vortex also gets hit with like.... 8 Blades? I'll try and count next time I fight something xD So getting 5 things sucked up... That's, what, 30 Blades flying through the air? Makes me feel like an epic arch mage that no one can touch ^^

Recycled Human

Reaction score
My favorite style is melee because of the sheer number of things it can do and all with just one button. I love the hero weapons for their morphs but I'm currently in a ranged playthrough and rocking Albion with the sandgoose almost fully upgraded. My character looks a bit like Balthier so it's quite enjoyable.

My magic set up was usually blades + ice storm. Loved that combo.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I'm still trying to decide which is better: Jack's Hammer or Trollblight? Jack's Hammer is supposedly the more powerful of the two, but the Trollblight restores health with every hit, does flame damage, and does 80% extra damage to large enemies (generally the only enemies who survive more than a single attack anyway.) Jack's Hammer does 163 base damage (with an augment.) The Trollblight does 103 base damage. 80% of 103 is 82.4, so that means against large enemies the Trollblight does at least 185 damage! In addition to the flame damage! I'm going to test this out on a couple Dark Sentinels and see which hammer kills them fastest.

Reaction score
For my main Hero i use Thunderblade, fully upgraded, and Chickenbane, i used a combo of guns and swords but never magic (exept for Thunderblades upgrade) , when i see enemeys i shoot em and when they get close i slice them to bits ^_^

Teddy

Reaction score
i now use avo's lamentation and dragonstomper but gonna try the thunderblade soon

ryu nick

Reaction score
Alot of nice combination's.

The next combination i am going to try is the Trolblight and the dragonstomper(as soon as i get my hands on one).

Thanks for the information guys!

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I honestly just carry whatever needs to be upgraded, achievable doing what I'm doing at that moment. Generally though it's Avo's Lamentation and Chickenbane. Wolfsbane for dealing with balverines.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I always use my hero weapons. I actually like the way they look.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
I'm using the Thunderblade currently, my friend is using my Swinging Sword, but I plan to get it back soon.
As for ranged, i'm using The Sandgoose.
And finally, for Will (I still call it will.) I am using a combonation of Inferno and Shock.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's weird - I'm usually a spellcaster without question but with this game, I'm finding I use my ranged weapons more than anything else...and now I'm about three feet taller than my current husband in-game...

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Right now I have the Swinging Sword with Gusket's Musket but I don't use them. I'm a caster so I'm always burning my foes or electrocuting them. My personal favorites are Fire + Shock, Shock + Force Push and Blades + Vortex.

reddragon56

Reaction score
I've always been a melee in the past two Fable games, but in Fable 3 I found myself using my guns a little more than anything else. As for what I'm using I got The Inquisitor and the Dragonstomper.48. And I dream every night of using these weapons to finally kill Reaver....I really hate that guy. When I use my magic I use Fire and Shock.

Alucard Nightraven

Reaction score
I keep it pretty random...as for the weapons I keep equipped, I currently use a fully upgraded Shardborne Sword, a fully upgraded Skorm's Justice rifle and my gauntlets are Force Push and Fireball weaved together

The Gray Fox

The Thief
Reaction score
I use Dragonstomper .48 and The Casanova x)
I rarely use meele, instead always ranged whit an fast pistol.
Magic do I really hate and I've probably only killed like 2 enemies and well... I don't like magic and never use it. :O

ryu nick

Reaction score
Finally got the dragonstomper .48!

Now lets check it out:D

Status
Not open for further replies.