• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You're Chosen as the New Project Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Imagine you awake one day, grown and all, with all the skills you need, and Lionhead calls you and hires you as the new Lead Project Manager for Fable IV. You walk outside, and see their studio right beside your house. You walk in, and get to work.

Basically, your job is be Peter Molyneux. Your job is to decide what it will be about, what will be put into it, what to keep, and what to bring back. Fable IV is yours to fiddle with.

---

If it were me, I'd say:
--Bring the 'unsheath weapon' buttons out again, and include fist fighting once more.
--A better interface and better lists, much more organized.
--More 'uniformed' clothing. Remember in Fable I their were 'suits'? And it showed how many pieces of it you had and all? And everything was perfectly organized. Fable II was a bit like it, but Fable I's Clothing interface was much more organized.
--Bring back armor.
--Bring back some form of the Heroes Guild
--Maybe take place a good bit of time from Fable III, or have a prequel made before the first one.
--Co-Existant Temples like in Fable I.
--Return of Gods, like Avo and Skorm, I hated the idea of revolvement around Light and Darkness in II, I missed Skorm and Avo.
--Aging as you level up or advance through game. For those who do not like, have a bed/potion/reward to youthanize you.
--Redesign the entire engine, and graphics.
--Fix a Combat System up. Make it easier to block*, and counter, melee with ranged weapons would be nice. Combat just seemed so unorganized.
--Fishing. Hunting. Better Jobs.

*Before some smartass comes along, easier blocking basically means I want Blocking to be implemented in a better way, it seems totally useless.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
First, I'd wear a wig. Then I'd somehow incorporate the lost greatness back into Fable IV.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
--Return of Gods, like Avo and Skorm, I hated the idea of revolvement around Light and Darkness in II, I missed Skorm and Avo.
Too bad Skorm and Avo didn't really exist. Well, of course someone could make those fake religions again, I agree they were better than the Light/Dark stuff in Fable 2. But I do like that thing, uhm, what was it, something like a wheel of misfortune, in the Thingy of Darkness.

Well, what I would do, first of all, is to soup. Yeah
Then I'd write an awesome story; consisting of epic elements, eye for detail and a not-too-short story line. Third, I would make the world even larger. Very large maps, to roam around. Of course there will be people that want to be able to travel faster, which leads to my fourth decision:
More special elements, such as mounts. I will be riding a white wolf... Hell yeah. ''Special elements'' would be along the lines of being able to marry, have kids, buy houses, build an economy and custimze your character. New elements like this will be actually shaping the world. Manage your own new monorail, or even railway station? Build and destroy houses? Set up an army, to fight other countries? Actually create your own weapons, what you want them to look like? Create whole new personal spells? Raise your kids to aid you in combat? That, the mounts, and hopefullly more will be possible.
And at last, but certainly not least, another type of multiplayer. You will not just be able to co-op with other heroes, you can battle them as well! Compare your skills, your own equipment, your spells, to that of other players, and be the best hero of all worlds.
Maybe I could think of more, but at least I would try to do this.

And of course, fight the bugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.