• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Chapter Buried

E

Eastwood

A Chapter Buried

A lost chapter, woe to all readers who so missed it
A story so grand that heros of the time raged against the Heros of Awe
and so begins

The Buried Chapter

It started not in Oakvale
not Hookcoast
or any other village of Albion
No, this story began across the sea
Out onto a large, but forgotten Island
It had but two citys
Citys so grand
That Bowerstone was but a shack compared to a manor
One city
Designed for the elders and children
the other
a learning and work hub for the young and aged adults
The first city is called Ishdor
Meaning City of Growth and Rest
The Second was named Hojii
Defined so City of Life
But this starts in Ishdor
This Story begins with the birth of three Sons
Sons that Grew into War
But not upon this island of peace
not on this Island protected by Avo's father
Haven, the Temple of Neatral

Come unto my words fare readers
Be in a story so great that the mighiest followers of Heros
destroyed any record of the Heros of Awe

Part 1 of Birth of Awe

A midwife walks hurridly to the infirmry. Three children where about to be born. And she was the only person in the infirmery to do so. These women, Lisa, Ann, and Tracy where all in labor. Thier breath and sweat filled the room with a heat. "Ladies calm, level breath please." Glares was all she recieved. Tell a women to be calm at a time like this, and all you get is icy stares. A pity, she made extra pain potions for them. Guess they do not need them, the midwife thought to herself. "Ok I have these drinks you must have. They will ease the pain" Somewhat. "Lisa, you gets yours first since your water came first." The midwife floated to Lisa. She greedily drank hers, while Ann simply sipped at it, but when Tracy was offered she declined. "No thanks," she said "have my own!" Before the Midwife could protest. Tracy drained quite a large bottle of what appered to be Rose Red. Risky that is, might hurt the baby some. To potent in magic, it does a wonder on dulling pain though. But this isn't surgery. Oh well, nothing to do for it now. "Now women. Start pushing!" And push they all did, with every heave their bodys shook in strain. And after much time. One came out. It was Lisa's! Of course it should be her, it makes sense so. But before she could even patch Lisa up. Tracy's babe started coming out. The Midwife channled a weave so the babe would be protected from infections. But before she could finish Lisa. Ann's came flying out, literally. the Midwife had to channal quite fast to catch it in her protective bubbles. And then after she finished Ann up. She realized, that things were to quite. Strange quite. No birds, or people......

But before she could finish that thought, or even look at the babes. Hobbes crashed in, thinking nothing of but the babes safety. She channeled on instict, very risky that is. Never know what will happen with that.... But they were gone, dead, safe. Did not matter. Better to become Hobbes cattle or stew. But before she could save herself. She was cut from the back down. And she soon fell to the ground. Feeling the warth against her face, knowing very well it was her own life flowing from her wound. The last thought was not a note of the mothers screaming or the Hobbes laughs. But was, Bloody Hobbes.....

Part 2 of Birth or Awe

A few years later, a Farmer was plowing the ground, pulling with all his might. He finished all his feilds. Good, he thought, now I can start putting the racks for the grape vines. But I will start it sometime in the next days. Time to visit town, need some more food. As he was walking to his house. He heard something in his house. Bandits or worse, Hobbes. Terrible things them Hobbes, he was making way to the back. When he notice that they weren't being quite. But not overly loud, almost like they were, children.. Ok. Enough is enough, I've had it. He bursted in screaming, only to find three little boys before him. Little they were. "Hey guys," the farmer said to three blank faces, "hungry??" One grinned at him, but the other two had scowls on. So the farmer directed his focus on the smiler. "Hey guy, my name is Thom." he reached in his pocket and pulled out three balls and started juggling them. "You like tricks?" No reaction, hmm... How different these kids are. Ok he thought, food. He went over to his drystuff container. And pulled out jerky. Kids love this stuff, so this will work. He notice the bigger one, the grinner. Stopped doing just that, but the would be smiler walked over and grabbed Thom's hand. Strong grip he thought, then the kid pulled him forward. "Avo bless me!" Thom cursed. He had the strenght of a young boy! "Ask before you take, ok?" Then the smallest walked over and took one from the bottom then scurried up the beam and into the rafters. "Curse me, you climb like a rat!" Only two eyes answered him from the rafters. But then the big smiler held his hand out, seeing that force would not get him the jerky. Thom muttered a curse and handed him one. But the third, calmly walked over and held out three shiny rocks, with names on them. He out the green rock against his chest, it read Oliff. Funny name that, then handed Thom his rock. Then He threw the red and blue. The red was caught buy the rat, naming himself Havar. Then the blue was caught by the big one, making him Llinder. They all now stood by him, looking at him. Eating also. "So children, need a father?" They all nodded, Thom knew this was going to be, different....

Part 3 of Birth of Awe

Years later, the boys grew. Llinder the biggest, and strongest. He appeared to be the eldest too. He was a hard worker, always in the field working. Taking all the work of the vineyerd from Thom. Thom was greatful, for finally he can focus on making the wine better. But Oliff was a great helper, he was an adept hunter. No matter what, every day he came home with game. Whether it was fish, birds, or deer. One day he came home wearing a wolf pelt. And a scar also. But the surplus of food. And all the minerals he found was quite usful. When he found a shaft, Llinder and him would dig it out in a week. A week! Thanks to those two he had many things to sell in town. But it was Havar that made a difference. Not with work. Lord forbid he do that, while on the land all he do was cook or play music. He destested reading though. But surprisingly Llinder loved to do so. He was very studious, never missed a lesson. But Havar went to town, he was a gambler by age seven and a great trader by ten. Though none knew that it was him doing the work, not Thom. Not that Thom could do so himself. He was the one who taught him. He just wanted Havar to do so. So one day he could be the best. Havar would go quite far as a merchent. But he needed schooling on people. And Thom was the best to teach him. While Oliff had Harkin, the woodsmen to teach him. Though Llinder took lessons in everything from anyone who would teach. He mostly was schooled in weapons by Graff, the Town Warder. He would be a General no doubt, to smart and strong to be any less. Oliff, would most likely be the scout for Llinder. Them two always stick around each other. But the three were trouble, not bad. Just curious as Havar and Llinder say. Graff knows its them though, well everyone does. But they never get caught, just a glance telling them the town knew. The boys never cared, they and the town knew were they were going in two years. Thier request was made, and for a year they will be tested by the Guild to see if they will become heros.
Thom hoped not. They needed to not be in the limelight. It will do..certain things...

End for now

tell me if you want more
haha