• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Adding Custom Songs Into Fable

E

Enigmatic Engine

Adding Custom Songs Into Fable

ok here is my guide on putting your favorite song into fable so you can listen to good music while you kill

programs needed:
Audacity(to download go to this link Audacity - Reviews and free Audacity downloads at Download.com)
& ofcourse
Fable-The Lost Chapters

Step One.-coverting your song
open audacity
then click import audio
then find your files it should look somthing like this after your done

ok now that its in audacity click on file
then export as ogg vorbis file

Step two- putting your song in the game

well this is the really easy part but as some people might not understand how i will explain it for you

step 2.b
back up your sound folder by copying it from the data folder into your documents or your desktop ect

step 2.c
now in the original folder in the fable folder find an OGG file (and yes unforutatly this only works for OGG files) im using DANGER_01 as an example you might want to use a song that is fast for this one because its only there for a few seconds heres a pic

okay delete the file you are chaging(but be shure to write down the exact name of the file as you will need it later)

now in a new window open up the folder you saved your custom song into from step one now once you have found your file cut it and paste it into the fable-data-sound folder that I showed you a picture of ^^^
now all you have to do is rename that file into whatever you deleted and there you go you have put your very own song into fable have fun

By caleb.:w00t::D:):p:cool:if you have any problems feel free to ask me in this thread or at my msn im like always on so my msn is jamseboy2003@hotmail.com or you could pm me or send me an email

X

Xxstankyd420xX

Re: Adding Custom Songs Into Fable

Yup good guide caleb worked for me lol
Keep it up homes

E

Enigmatic Engine

thanks, im glad sombody appreciates my work

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

that's a good tutorial, but I recommend Bonk Encoder to convert audio

E

Enigmatic Engine

yeah thanks on the comliment but about the audio converter i just use what i had available to me at the time because i didnt know of any other program that converted things into OGG files but thanks again on the compliment :p

and if anybody would like to make a youtube video out of this it would be much appreciated i would do it but for some reason fraps kills my framerate to like 3 fps

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

I never knew I could convert OGG files with that program lol if I checked out the program a little bit more I probably could've got a guide first lol any way good job I might have to try this now =)

E

Enigmatic Engine

lol do you play FoF because thats what i use audacity for

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

+rep for the good tutorial. :thumbsup:

X

Xxstankyd420xX

Yeah thios should most deff. be stickied.

E

Enigmatic Engine

wow that would be awesome if my post got sticky'd but im not concidered modder so i doubt it will happen but if it did i would be all like YAYA lol