• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Additional Hotbars?

G

grayfox

Additional Hotbars?

Are there any mods, or can someone make one, that add an additional hotbar... or 2... or 3? And also to be able to set the hotkey for each space in the hotbar?

I haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but it seems like having only 9 hotkeys is going to be pretty limiting, especially for playing a mage. I don't want to have to scroll through a list of spells everytime I want to cast a different one. It would be much nicer if I could just assign each spell to its own key.

W

wtfnubzerg

Re: Additional Hotbars?

Suprisingly, even playing as a mage, you will only probably use 4 or 5. But you seem to be a WoW player where Mages need like 20. :p

But doing that would have to edit the actual interface of the game, so it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. And mapping hotkeys would be another story.

G

grayfox

lol ya, my main is WoW is a mage :lol:.

I was frustrated by the same thing playing oblivion. I guess for multi-platform games they have to make the casting systems practical for controllers, but it seems so inconvenient when using a keyboard.

W

wtfnubzerg

Haha, nice, I'm a Warrior, and my stance hotbars are enough for me, so I just use the additional hotbars for raid consumables and macros. :p

But yeah, Fable mages that aren't Battlemages really don't use many spells other than Force Push/Fireball/Lightning/Divine Fury or Infernal Wrath/Physical Shield. Maybe Summon in place of Lightning though. You should still have 2-3 hotbar slots open though, enough for hp/will potions, spade/fishing rod, etc. I always keep my Lamp hotbared though. It's my favorite item, rofl.