• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AE help?

K

Kusumura

AE help?

Alrighty.

Whenever I try to spawn something (A teleporter, say.) it doesn't appear on the in-game map where I saved it, although I can restart AE as much as I like and it'll be there in the blueprints for it. I've tried this with chests, henchmen, teleporters (As aforementioned =P) and everything else under the Faerun sun.

Any advice/tips/knowledgeable-responses available? ^^.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score
Re: AE help?

It appears in the top-right corner of that little map of your choice, did you check there? (also make sure you check "object to ground level" so you don't have to worry about it being underground or up in the air)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Hmmm, Whenever I tried to spawn a teleport point they hardly ever appeared either

K

Kusumura

Seph:
Hmm, I think I know why Seph. Because the type of teleporter that is spawned is more like an entrance/exit rather than a Guild Teleporter. That means that it would need two points for it to work, although I don't know how to go about understanding how to do it... Leave it with me, I'll figure something out eventually lol. I did a similar thing for Thief: The Deadly Shadows, whereby I created a 'Portal Room' that contained teleporters to every map in the game.

Morerunes:
Nope, I never even knew there was such an option... Where is it?

H

HodgePodge

1. Did you rename FinalAlbion.wad?
2. Did you set UseLevelWAD to TRUE?

K

Kusumura

I didn't rename it, I just extracted it with FreeRoam.
And as aforementioned, no idea where to find that ^_^''.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

Kusumura;131804 said:
Morerunes:
Nope, I never even knew there was such an option... Where is it?

arfter you click the green dot, look near the bottom of the window of the map you are changing.

:ninja:

K

Kusumura

Oh, geeze, somebody made a screeny all for me.. I feel special xD.

Thanks to HodgePodge too.. I completely skipped that step in the stickied guide.

Ok, now that I've got it all working and my chests finally appear:-

1) How do I put multiple items into the chest? (Not as in a [ContainerContents='0'] Or however it was, but 'Silver Key X 30' if you get my meaning)

2) How would you spawn multiple chests on the same map? Whenever I do, if I attempt to open up the second one, a weird thing happens where I teleport to the first and play the opening animation but don't gain the items inside the second chest.

Confusing, I know ^_^.

P.S: Thanks guys, you're all really nice.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

Make sure the UID's are different, and you can't do itemX30, you have to put the item in there 30 times