• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AE Issue

J

Jester

AE Issue

I am following the chest spawning tutorial here http://forums.projectego.net/spawning-chests-1771/.

I have FreeRoam installed and correctly used, but AE has two main problems.

1. When I open it, the splash screen says "initializing..." forever until i click and then it says "unable to locate fable registry information." To fix it I go to change folder and navigate to where finalalbion.wld is and all the regions show up, so I guess that is fixed, though I need to do it everytime I start AE.

2. When I click on the Hero's Guild region that it says to, the window in the middle loads fine, though when I click on map editor, it crashes AE, I don't know why.

A solution to either of those problems would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you! =]

I

iLoki

Re: AE Issue

what operating system are you using?
as for the registry information, (i'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're using vista x64 edition)
you need to change a value in the AlbionExplorer.ini file.

change the FableRegistry entry to match this:

FableRegistry = Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0

as for the crashing with the world editor i have the same problem on vista x64.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

Just get Chocolate Box, seriously

I

iLoki

well, I have tried, but unfortunately ChocolateBox does not run in x64 vista, period. As soon as you attempt to open it crashes. even running under compatibility modes does not get it running. Thankfully I am dual booting XP and vista, so its not a big deal for me, but it would be nice to be able to use these without switching back and forth all the time.