• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

An ancient sign of a coming storm...

A

Aristodemus

An ancient sign of a coming storm...

The sky was black, the wind chilled the traveller's body. For three days now he had not seen anyone...unusual while travelling through Witchwod. He had been tasked with delivering a letter for a strange individual he had encountered in Bowerstone. The streets were burning, and a man wearing what seemed to be charred Apprentice clothing from the Guild of Heroes crawled to him from an alleyway.

*coughs*
"You...I know you...I know your face. You must travel to Witchwood...it is of the utmost importance that Scarlet Robe receives this letter...I know you can do this, it is your de..."

At that point the mysterious Hero had fallen. Those words haunted the dreams of the traveller, and would forever haunt him for years to come...for he would never imagine what words the mysterious letter from the unknown Hero held.

B

Blue Will

Re: An ancient sign of a coming storm...

Very good, nice use of punctuation and descriptive language. I give it a A/B borderline.

Haha i sound like a english teacher...well....kinda

But yeh, I liked it :D

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Interesting1:) So, what happens next?

A

Aristodemus

Blue Will;193358 said:
Very good, nice use of punctuation and descriptive language. I give it a A/B borderline.

Heh, thanks Blue Will, I try my best. I've got to have punctuation and a vast vocabulary if I ever plan on being an author.

H

hajaki

I am a fan of stories and have written a few and read a few more, although not on this site. This one is different from the rest, more interesting.

A

Aristodemus

An Ancient Sign of a Coming Storm- Part two of the ten part saga

"Oi, you! Get up, get up!"

The traveller had stayed the night at a local inn, "The Bronze Buckler" it was called. He awoke to a rather odd looking man hovering over his bedside, staring at him. He smelt of whiskey and body odour. The traveller gave the man a rather strange look, as if asking him to back away.

"Oh, sorry mate, just trying to wake you. Everyone in the tavern has to leave in the next ten minutes; I'm locking up before I go to the Arena. Oh, that Scarlet Robe sure is going to show them amateurs how to kill a Balverine!"

At that instant the traveller realized that the only way he would be able to get an audience with Scarlet was if he travelled to the Arena. He travelled with the drunkard to the arena gates, and proceeded inside.

The Hall of Heroes was majestic, like nothing the traveller had ever seen before. To his left stood a statue of Huw the Giant, famous for placing his sword, The Harbinger, in a stone by the temple of Avo. To his right was a memorial to Uther, the last of the Dragon Riders. As a child, the traveller dreamt of one day being an arena fighter...he would have never imagined that a statue of himself would one day stand with these legends.

O

O'Malley-Bomb

Thats really good :)