• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Augments

S

savedsurfer792

Augments

Where can I buy or find some good augments?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Augments

If you go to the Gypsy camp or to Bowerstone Old Town (I think) where the caravan is, you should be able to find Gypsy Stone Cutters who will sell augments. Otherwise you'll find some in chest or dig spots depending on how good your dog is at hunting.

I think I got one during the Crucible bit by killing a trader inbetween battles :devil:

O

Oliphet

There's also a stone cutter in Bloodstone hidden in the back alleys somewhere.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

i think theres also one at the gypsy camp

D

deathtomacbeth

Theres one in bowerstone near uhh... ...
If you're walking toward the pub take a left and all the way down there in front of the carivan on a dead end.
lol.
I'm horrible with directions.

O

Oliphet

Here's where I think they are.

Bloodstone: After going down that hill into the actual town from wraithmarsh, go behind the blacksmith shop, he'll be in the corner near the wall/cliff.

Gypsy camp: Near the camp fire, opposite the general store.

Bowerstone Market: Leaving Old Town, go to the other side of the map, where Theresa showed you the spire for the first time.

A

Anthony

Theres an augment in a silver key chest which requires 15 Keys and it can be found on the road entering Bloodstone.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I didn't want to make a new thread, so here's my question about augments: WHERE THE HELL CAN I FIND AUGMENTABLE WEAPONS?

I have way too many augments from trying to improve Gypsy Camp's economy, but none of my weapons can be augmented. I have a Master Ax and a Master Turret rifle, and I haven't left for the Spire yet.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I am having the same trouble - I get a little message saying "you've found an augmentable weapon! etc etc" yet when I go to add the augments, it tells me I can't.

I just sell them all now...my Daichi does the job I need anyway...

F

fable2rules123

That sucks all the weapons on Fable 2 can't be agumented like on Fable 1

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I always use the Lucky charm, and the ghoul augs. They work great for me.:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Angel;234423 said:
I am having the same trouble - I get a little message saying "you've found an augmentable weapon! etc etc" yet when I go to add the augments, it tells me I can't.

I just sell them all now...my Daichi does the job I need anyway...

Yeah, I got that message with the Rising Sun and with the Hammerthyst; and it annoyed me to no end. I was all excited.

fable2rules123;234444 said:
That sucks all the weapons on Fable 2 can't be agumented like on Fable 1

All the Fable I weapons couldn't be augmented. I think Steel weapons had one slot and Master had two; though.

moonfever;234449 said:
I always use the Lucky charm, and the ghoul augs. They work great for me.:)

What weapons did you find that you could augment? That's what I want to know. (I'll probably end up using golden touch and either Ghoul, Discipline, or Lucky Charm. But I have so many augments I could augment something like seven or ten different weapons and I haven't gotten to use any of them.)

T

thebeastlyboy15

@Walker
you cant take weps to the spire btw (if you didnt know)

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score

A list of all augments (in no particular order) and the effects they have:

Ghoul Augment: Drains enemy health.
NOTE: If you find yourself getting hit a lot, this can come in handy. Better on melee weapons than guns, since if you're ranging you might as well focus on not getting hit at all and increasing your damage.

Flame Augment: Does fire damage.
NOTE: At least, it says it does. I've done a lot of testing and I don't think it has that much of an impact. Even against Hollow men, which are supposedly weak to fire.
See also: Slash and Burn Augment, which does the same thing except it makes your character prone to scarring. You may as well use either augment, since dieing (and thus getting scarred) in this game is very very hard to do.

Killerwatt Augment: Does lightning damage.
NOTE: Again, I haven't ever seen anything indicating that this augment does any extra damage, or if it does anything at all. It certainly doesn't stun enemies the way the shock spell does.
See also: Storm Scar Augment. Same as Slash and Burn.

Fear Itself Augment: Causes NPC's to fear you more.
NOTE: You only get the effect if you unsheathe the weapon and "show" it to people. Since you get fear and hate from unsheathing your weapon ANYWAY, this is kind of a pointless augment.

Bewitching Augment: Causes NPC's to find you more attractive.
NOTE: Once again, the effect only happens if you unsheathe the weapon. This a weird augment, since some people will still hate you for brandishing a weapon, and others will be magically compelled to love you. Really, expressions are a far better way to manipulate NPC reactions then waving a magic weapon around.

Gnarly Augment: Makes you more resistant to damage, but more prone to scarring upon "death."
See also: Barkskin Augment, which does the exact same thing as the Gnarly Augment. One might be better than the other-- but how in the world could you possibly tell?

Stoneskin Augment: Makes you (extremely?) resistant to scarring. Whoop-dee-doo.

Golden Touch Augment: You receive gold for every kill you make. Not bad I suppose, if you're just starting out in the game when money is scarce. I wouldn't put it on your final weapons though.

Gold Burden Augment: Allows you to receive gold for every kill you make, but you will also deal less damage and have reduced defense.
NOTE: Crappiest. Augment. Ever.

[Rare] Discipline Augment: Gives you more experience for killing enemies.
NOTE: There is only one of these in the game, and it's located inside a silver key chest in the area behind Brightwood Tower.
See also: Cursed Warrior Augment. It gives you more experience, just like the Discipline Augment-- but it also slowly drains your health away. Making it a lame-sauce augment that no one would ever use.

Lucky Charm Augment: You deal more damage and take less as well.
NOTE: A very plentiful (you can buy and find them everywhere) and extremely useful augment.

[Rare] Devastation Augment: Increases your damage significantly.
NOTE: The most valuable augment in the game, hands down-- because it can be combined with the Lucky Charm augment for a serious boost in offense. There is only one of them, and it is located in Wraithmarsh. When leaving Bloodstone, take the left gate. It's in a silver key chest along the path to the Shadow Court.

Augments that can NEVER be found (At least to my knowledge):

Righteous Violence: Deals more damage to purely evil creatures, such as Banshees and Hollow Men.

Scourge: Deals more damage to lawful creatures, namely town guards.

These two augments are found only on two legendary weapons, and although I would be tempted to try them out in conjunction with other damage modifying augments-- I have never been able to find them.

With the exception of Slash and Burn, Storm Scar, Discipline, and Devastation. All augments can be bought.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;234478 said:
Yeah, I got that message with the Rising Sun and with the Hammerthyst; and it annoyed me to no end. I was all excited.

All the Fable I weapons couldn't be augmented. I think Steel weapons had one slot and Master had two; though.

What weapons did you find that you could augment? That's what I want to know. (I'll probably end up using golden touch and either Ghoul, Discipline, or Lucky Charm. But I have so many augments I could augment something like seven or ten different weapons and I haven't gotten to use any of them.)
I add them to Master weapons. It helps a lot.:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

thebeastlyboy15;234521 said:
@Walker
you cant take weps to the spire btw (if you didnt know)

Well, ****. Do I get the ones I had back when I return?

moonfever;234527 said:
I add them to Master weapons. It helps a lot.:)

GAAARGH. That's what I'm saying. I HAVE master weapons, an ax and a turret rifle. But I can't augment them for some reason. I'm trying to find ones I can, and it's really annoying me that I can't.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score

Which master weapons do you want to use?

I'll find some with two-slot augments and trade them to you, if you're really having a tough time finding them.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Nah, I'm good. I'll just look for them myself more, I guess. And be ****ed if I lose them forever after the Spire.

Watson

Reaction score

Just go outside of towns and talk to traders (especially heavy weapon traders) and normally they'll have a couple of weapons that you can buy with augment slots. Not many available though and considering augments are meant to be rare somewhat it's a pain.

W

Wolfie

Walker;234656 said:
Nah, I'm good. I'll just look for them myself more, I guess. And be ****ed if I lose them forever after the Spire.

You get all your stuff back after the spire. Don't worry ;)