• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bunch of questions

Z

Zingo

Bunch of questions

Im thinking of making a Fable mod, and im wondering a couple of things.
1. Can you make new spells/expressions/objects without overwriting another one? Even if you somehow copy a object and then edit the copy?
2. When the hero is still in training/child, is the rest of the world "up and running" or does all the spawns and different stuff get triggered by some kind of event?
3. If you are able to make your own scripts, you should be able to do quests right? Even though they dont appear as quest-cards or in the quest list? (i mean like, when speaking to this NPC it checks if the variable got_apple is set to 1, if not you cancel the event or else you get rewarded)
4. When using freeroam, is there any limit where you can go? (under water, up mountains, over rocks)

Im very grateful for some answers on this...

runeblade265

Ultramarine Force Command
Reaction score
Re: Bunch of questions

i can only answer 4
4. yes

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Zingo;123268 said:
Im thinking of making a Fable mod, and im wondering a couple of things.
1. Can you make new spells/expressions/objects without overwriting another one? Even if you somehow copy a object and then edit the copy?

I think it might be possible. I'm not too sure though. :unsure:

2. When the hero is still in training/child, is the rest of the world "up and running" or does all the spawns and different stuff get triggered by some kind of event?
Up and running? Not sure what you mean, but you cant' visit albion when you're a kid.
3. If you are able to make your own scripts, you should be able to do quests right? Even though they dont appear as quest-cards or in the quest list? (i mean like, when speaking to this NPC it checks if the variable got_apple is set to 1, if not you cancel the event or else you get rewarded)
Not sure what your asking here either. :unsure:
4. When using freeroam, is there any limit where you can go? (under water, up mountains, over rocks)

Yes and No. You can go basically where you want. but there are limitations. For instance, you cannot travel through filler.

H

HodgePodge

1. Expressions and Objects, yes. Spells, no.

2. There is Oakvale and Start Oakvale, and if you try to teleport to Albion, game will crash.

3. It can't be done until the exe is cracked.

4. You can go wherever, except like walking through fences into filler ;)

runeblade265

Ultramarine Force Command
Reaction score

what mod do you have in mind?

Z

Zingo

runeblade265;123400 said:
what mod do you have in mind?
Nothing special really, i was just playing around with the idea to place a teleport inside the heroesguild and try to teleport to the outside, but this was also intended as a test to see if i want to make some other mods. I actually got a nice idea for a new spell...

HodgePodge;123396 said:
1. Expressions and Objects, yes. Spells, no.
2. There is Oakvale and Start Oakvale, and if you try to teleport to Albion, game will crash.
3. It can't be done until the exe is cracked.
4. You can go wherever, except like walking through fences into filler
Thanks, +rep! Too bad the exe isnt cracked yet, i hope someone does it eventually.

S

Silver

1. already answered.

2. No the world is not up and running. The game doesn't really start until you leave the Guild. I personally believe that the game crashes (solid black screen) because the save data is not fully present until the Guild and or after the Training tutorial. After working with the saves it does a lookup on based on MapUID's and I think it chokes when it does.

3. Quests are compiled C++ code. If you have a superior knowledge in Assembly then go for it.

§ephiroxa§;123389 said:
Yes and No. You can go basically where you want. but there are limitations. For instance, you cannot travel through filler.

Freeroam writes all boolean values to true. You can go everywhere on current map. The reason you hit the invisible wall is another setting. Filler maps are loaded as Seesmaps and they do not fully load data, thus an invisible wall is there. If you change that map to Containsmap in the .wld you can then walk through it as it is loaded as the current map.

You can also run through a few trees, that is not my fault it is a problem the models themselves are to blame. The rest of the models are fine.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Silver;123981 said:
You can also run through a few trees, that is not my fault it is a problem the models themselves are to blame. The rest of the models are fine.

I'm pretty sure flora loaded from the STB doesn't load physics meshes. Unless the trees in question don't have any to begin with, which is an easy fix.

S

Silver

Keshire;124196 said:
I'm pretty sure flora loaded from the STB doesn't load physics meshes. Unless the trees in question don't have any to begin with, which is an easy fix.

Hmm I could of swore the trees I spawned via STB were solid before.

You can do an ID swap via Static Map Header to load a new 'pool' of trees. Guess I'll have to try when I'm home to see again...

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Silver;124223 said:
Hmm I could of swore the trees I spawned via STB were solid before.

You can do an ID swap via Static Map Header to load a new 'pool' of trees. Guess I'll have to try when I'm home to see again...

If thats the case then the model themselves don't have physics meshes attached. Easily fixable. Grab some other tree's collisions and add it into the sub-headers.

E

Egevened

All have been answered so far, except one, clearly. Yes, you can. Spawn them in chests as different items.