• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

bypassing the prison race

Valmorian

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to either mod fable so I can take the race out altogether, or change it in some way to make it easier for me to do, as I am totally blind and obviously that means I can't easily follow the track. I'm assuming that fable has coords when you move, is there any way someone could use a program or something to find out what the coordinates are for the finish line? then I can just use cheat engine or something to move myself there, assuming that''s how that works.
If not, can anyone think of a way to mod or by pass the race? can I use a trainer to stop the time, will that even matter? could someone give me an idea of how the hole thing is laid out? This is the one thing preventing me from really getting any farther in fable, and it's a rather large issue.

I'm just assuming that the fable modding tools aren't going to be something I can use, and there seems to be mixed answers about how you actually mod fable, some say you should use the fable tools used for modding fable tlc.
My original plan was to get to the race then save the game, and upload my save try to find someone to finish the race for me, but I don't know that the game would let me save in the middle of a quest, and if not, I'll spend what will likely be at least an hour, if not longer trying to gather the pieces of Nostros armour, just to get to the race and not be able to do anything about it.
Any help or advice at all would be great. It takes me quite a bit longer to do things than it takes sited people, but it does help that your feet stop moving in fable when you hit a wall, I have no idea why more games don't do this

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I watched a video on YouTube and paused the game every now and again to follow the video step by step. Maybe there is a video like this with some form of audio commentary to help walk you through it?

Valmorian

Reaction score
thank you for the suggestion, that works for most things, like finding landmarks and the like, but doesn't work for the race part as I am blind and all I'd hear is the footsteps, though perhaps I can learn what the track its self sounds like, that could still take quite a long time, and more if you have to go around it more than once.

Valmorian

Reaction score
for some reason I couldn't edit my post, just to be clear, when I say I'm blind I mean my eyes completely don't work, not that I've never played the game before

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
for some reason I couldn't edit my post, just to be clear, when I say I'm blind I mean my eyes completely don't work, not that I've never played the game before

Im sorry I never picked up on that point in the original post, maybe someone has a video out there with commentary of the directions they are taking in an audio style.

Valmorian

Reaction score
it's alright, it's not a thing you in counter every day, perhaps I can figure something out

Valmorian

Reaction score
well, I got to the race, much farther than I thought I would, but I can't seem to actually do the race. Every time, I'd just go into a different part of the area, as there is nothing preventing you from leaving the track. I'm gonna keep messing with it, but it seems the save loads to the race when I load it up, so I'm going to upload it to dropbox in the chance someone is willing to do the race and save for me. If anyone can think of a way to mod the quest, let me know. the fable modding tools aren't really screen reader friendly.
I wasn't sure what the game needed for the save, so I just uploaded the hole folder. if anyone needs it zipped, or would prefer some other file sharing site, let me know
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d85erwks84n5ssf/AADgbt3ekKefoDuSkY7pvST_a?dl=0

Valmorian

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to mod quests, I'm hoping I can get it to just skip the race and either go to the wardens office, or make the game think that when I lost the race, I really won. But all the download links to fable modding tools seem to be broken, and the one fable explorer I found, doesn't seem to work for the steam version. Also I don't know that it'd be screen reader friendly, or how any of it really works. Haven't found a modding thing that talks about quests.