• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom: PS4, Xbox 720 'in two years time'

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Capcom: PS4, Xbox 720 'in two years time'

sitelogo_cvg.gif

Microsoft recently put a five year lifespan on the 360's motion cam, Kinect, but Capcom's David Reeves reckons we'll be seeing the next generation of consoles much sooner.

The Capcom exec and ex-Sony man admitted he has no inside knowledge on PlayStation anymore, but feels that we would be seeing the PS4 and Xbox 720 within two to three years.

"Anything they can add to revive and pique interest in the games until we have another clash of the titans in two years time," Reeves told GI.biz when asked about Move and Kinect.

When asked to elaborate on his prediction he said: "Two to three years, I reckon so. I don't have any inside information. All the first-parties have got to be working on something.

"The tricky thing is when do you put a stake in the ground on technology? That's the problem," he continued.

"You can be waiting a few extra months to implement something, but you've got to set a date to go with a certain chip at a certain point otherwise you're going to miss the key milestones."

The immediate impact of both Kinect and Move is still yet to be seen. But if analysis suggesting that the purchase intent for both is 'relatively low' is accurate, Microsoft and Sony might have to do more to sustain the lifespan of their respective boxes.

Article here.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Capcom: PS4, Xbox 720 'in two years time'

2-3 years sounds believable.

cheezMcNASTY;402173 said:
o_O is it just me or do i remember seeing a thread saying the 360 would be the last of the xbox's..
no wait...yup, it's definitely there!

strange...

That article states that they'll just be dropping the Xbox name for a different one.