• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Changing Hero Attack Style

D

devilson1995

Changing Hero Attack Style

I tried to change my attack style to twinblades, thunders and the bandit leader's attack style but it does'nt affect me. It gets really fustrating deciding what to mod and than nothing happens:realmad:

X

xboxps2man

Re: Changing Hero Attack Style

you hould talk to someone like a modder with a lot of mods so just messege one of them the best are probaly old dog or someone

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

Old dog? And you would need to change the anims, graphic mesh and all kinds of stuff I fail to remember now.

OldBoy

Reaction score

devilson1995;142624 said:
I tried to change my attack style to twinblades, thunders and the bandit leader's attack style but it does'nt affect me. It gets really fustrating deciding what to mod and than nothing happens:realmad:

There are two ways of doing this.

1. Swap the CAppearanceDef of the hero with the npc who's moves you want. This will partially give you the other characer's animations.

Downside is that if you only swap the CAppearanceDef, the hero's body will deform, because the animations aren't made for the hero. So you'd have to swap the mesh and bones too...

2. Edit the CAppearanceDef of the hero. But that's pretty complicated and you'll still have the problem of the deformation of the hero's body.

Editing Animations and the CAppearanceDef
#This is stuff for more advanced modders. If you don't consider yourself one, don't mess with it.

#It's not possible to create new animations and import them in the game (the graphics.big).

# However it is possible to add animations from other npc's to the hero, or swap the hero's model and make it use other animations.
This stuff is handled in the CAppearanceDef, and Silver wrote an application to work with it. You'll also find some instructions there.
As said above: this isn't easy and I only know of a couple of people who've created mods with the app; Silver (Express yourself), Bluetooth (Staff Animations) and Marcopolo (Balverine Transformation mod).

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

I have made mods with it too

OldBoy

Reaction score

morerunes;143675 said:
I have made mods with it too

Me too, but I didn't release mine. So it doesn't count since I can't refer to them. Did you release them?