• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Character Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyokami

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Fable and I got Fable 3. I know that using guns makes my character taller, but is there any way to reverse the effect and get back to normal size? I don't like being ridiculously tall.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Not sure dude.

I know what you mean though.

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
From what I've tried, no there isn't a way. :/ Unless they come out with potions like in Fable 2.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Someone told me to stop using guns or I'll grow insanely tall. It still raises the question whether what you've got now for your character is permanent or if you continually not use skill weapons you'll eventually get shorter. From what I've seen, it doesn't. :(

You'd think there'd be a Knothole Island after fifty years still selling those potions, but nooooo....

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
No, there isn't a way. You can prevent it by hardly ever using your guns, though I don't advise this.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
^^^
I've played through this game a third time without using guns aside from it's most mundane uses (gnome hitting/flit switch/whatnot) and I've done it without any difficulty. Will can actually compensate for the long-range attacks like guns can.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
It's worth noting that even if you don't use guns to avoid growing taller, your hero will always appear tall during expressions. The only exception is when another hero expresses to you via co-op play; in that case, you will always be shorter.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
This is true. I find it infuriating at some points when that happens. It's a lack of consistency even if it is a rather vain complaint. Another notch in the problems with Fable 3.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
It's worth noting that even if you don't use guns to avoid growing taller, your hero will always appear tall during expressions. The only exception is when another hero expresses to you via co-op play; in that case, you will always be shorter.

I found the co-op thing so annoying! I'm playing with a friend, my character's a head taller than them and when they shake my hand it switches? It's crazy!

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Man, the women are goddamn Amazons. Seriously. My one girl character is HUGE. And my bloke chara looks like a midget compared to her. What the HELL.

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score
it's called LEVEL 5 Skill chest. dont open them and youll be fine...and short

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah, but I opened all the chests on my bloke chara, and he's STILL a midget compared to the girls.

That's because you gain height by firing a weapon continuously. The Skill chests simply update your weapon, not your character's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.