• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Combat Multiplyer Freeze?

S

SephorithsGF

Combat Multiplyer Freeze?

Did anyone ever come up with a mod that would allow you to not reduce ur combat multiplyer when you got hit? Or to keep it at a certain rate no matter how often you get hit in battle.

This is for The Lost Chapters on PC.

S

SephorithsGF

Re: Combat Multiplyer Freeze?

I love you John Doe! Is there a clickey for FE somewhere on this forum (that is if it's not easily Googlable, in which case don't bother).

Yays...

what mods r u talking about other than the trainers?

Does what you just said also mean that when you use a trainer that has some kind of god mode (can't remember if they do) then this would stop you getting reduced CM?

:unsure:Oh dayam... you'd be invincible. I don't really want to be invincible. I just want my combat multiplyer to be high so when I drink my Ages potions etc I get max benefit. Same for every other damn thing that runs off the combat multiplyer. I still want to fight a little bit.

:blush:Why does everyone like the combat multiplyer anyway? It would be ok if there was an 'easy' setting, but with it it I feel like weak players are up against massive odds that just get worse.

S

SephorithsGF

I downloaded FE. Scary stuff!

I don't know much about Hexidecimal numbers and how they work, so please could you make these instructions for dummies? I did check out the ARMOURS folder and there were soooo many. It would take forever to change all their values (and I don't want to mess with attractiveness/scariness settings at this stage) so I'm thinking that if I take a simple villager outfit or even nude armour, and just set that to 0 so that I can change and fight if I want.

So how do I set either NO ARMOUR or a single armour of my choice, to 0 damage so as to not let the combat multiplyer cop damage?

S

SephorithsGF

*edit, this was meant to show up before*

Ok... so you didn't want to answer my other thread. Presumably I'm annoying because my questions are too simple and you feel I should learn more on my own before wasting your time? I am trying to do that, but not finding the answers in exisiting threads. The examples they give for whatever their guiding me to do, don't seem to match up with my version of Fable Explorer, or else I'm missing something vital, like opening a certain file to work on directly.

I should explain that yes I do see the exact fields and values you've guided me to change. I just don't know how to get them to change. Highlight, delete, re-enter is not working. I feel I need to be doing something else, like saving to a file or opening a file. All the guides just say "open FE and made X changes".. save and apply changes. No one seems to think it necessary to mention a file to open either because a)- it just locates installed version of FE automatically and covers all profiles or b)- I'm a moron and show already know which file to open.

S

SephorithsGF

Hey you answered 2 threads when you didn't want to. That's really sweet, so thanks. I'm sure that noob numbers outweight serious modders 500/1 at times and it must be extremely irritating to get questions that seem so simple to you that people should be able to work them out for themselves.

I promise once I get the first couple of things done, I'll be able to work on to bigger and better on my own without bothering those who've done the hard yards alone.

I won't PM you again, sorry.