• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

copy cat problem

glitch

some thing
Reaction score
copy cat problem

o k!! im sure alot of peole have noticed this but i haven't seen anything about how to fix it. you know how if you give your hero a sword that isn't useually allowed to be weilded by the hero and add augments to it and thenwhen you start playing all the bandits and guards have the same augments that you have? is there any way to fix that??

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: copy cat problem

JohnDoe;249660 said:
That sounds interesting. ^_^

But first, are you sure that they have the same augments?

Because if they do, I don't see why the guards and level 3 bandits wouldn't have the same augments in unmodified gameplay considering the fact that they have the same standard longswords that the Hero uses, same with the assassins with the master katana.

Ah, but he did modify the gamefiles. He changed a cobjectaumentationsdef of a weapon that's also wielded by npc's...

glitch;249656 said:
o k!! im sure alot of peole have noticed this but i haven't seen anything about how to fix it. you know how if you give your hero a sword that isn't useually allowed to be weilded by the hero and add augments to it and thenwhen you start playing all the bandits and guards have the same augments that you have? is there any way to fix that??

Make a new OBJECT entry, a new CWeaponDef entry, and a new CObjectAugmentationsDef entry (use the entry data of the originals) and link it all up, change the entries how you want, save it.......

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: copy cat problem

Yeah, basically it means creating a new weapon.