• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Custom music in fable TLC for pc?

C

Celtam

Custom music in fable TLC for pc?

Hey everyone. I just registered to ask if you guys could tell me how to insert my own music into fable, and possibly replace the old music?

i know where the files go, i think, but i need to know how to put the files in correctly, and how to make these files work.

is this folder correct, first off?

E:\Fable\data\Sound

if i could get some feedback and help id appreciate it.

PC: if this is in the wrong section please move it, I wasnt sure whether it was supposed to be in help of modding. :blush:

Celtam

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Custom music in fable TLC for pc?

I'm not sure. I've never tried. :unsure:

M

Marcopolo

yeah you got the right folder, just gotta convert the files you want to whatever format the ones already there are (ogg i think) then name then and replace the existing one with your new ones

C

Celtam

i tried that with OAKVALE.ogg, but it didnt work, i started a new game and as i ran around no music played. But that might be just because no music plays when your a child

ill try on another file and give you guys feedback.

C

Celtam

ok, heres what happens.

I change the music into the files format and rename it to the file im about to replace, i drag it in and it asks to replace the file, i click yes.

I open the game and go to the location where ive replaced the music, lets take the guild for example.

In the guild i must have moved the wrong file, as it still played the overly epic guild music, maybe the wrong file was replaced.

Greatwood is the other outcome, it just got rid of the old music and theres now no music playing, when my music should play.

ive replaced with a backup file so all is back to normal and ill hold back on gonig any further without you guy's help.

some files have a file next to them with the same name but .met next to them, would that prevent me from hearing my music? although greatwood didnt have .met next to it.

any way to get my music to play?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I think you have to encode it to ogg rather than just changing the file extension. Try here for more info on how to do that Vorbis.com

If you've already done that I'm not sure what to tell you. I like the idea though :thumbsup: +Rep

C

Celtam

well now i can hear what file i am replacing, that helps a lot, thanks :D

ill read that websites guide to encoding to OGG, thanks a lot :)

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

I've always wanted to do that, imagine playing pantera cowboys from hell while raiding oakvale.

M

Marcopolo

lol i didnt noticed oyu didnt get that you had to re-encode the music, not just rename it as .ogg XD

C

Celtam

I havent been able to find a good download for converting from mp3, WAV etc to OGG, the website was confusing, can anyone get me a quick link to a file converter that can do mp3 to ogg?

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

use bonkencoder, its awesome once you get used to it, just search on google for bonkenc

C

Celtam

thanks all, with your help ive been able to do this, thanks :)

and its right, i do have to reencode it, because the ogg files in fable i can listen to, but when i change file to .ogg it wont play, so i need to encode it to gg hopefully itll work then :p

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

too big of a length difference can screw it up too btw

C

Celtam

Yay! it worked, thanks all, if i can get it into a RAR file i might send it to you guys.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Glad to see you got it working and +rep to everyone who helped.

C

Celtam

thanks drakan, i may post a guide to help others do this too.

:)