• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

D3m190d's Sudden-Spawns

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
D3m190d's Sudden-Spawns

There may be some typos. I didn't fix them.

Alexander - Expecting the Ambush

Alexander stiffened the grip on his gun. An assault rifle. He walked in front Johnathan, and behind some new guy, Mark Rico (MR), the only girl Yahael, and sergeant Coce' Vur. The leafs above them seemed to open up, letting the light through. But it made no difference, as the sun was setting with each step. When the forest stopped, there were plants all over the fields of rock and grass. An undeep puddle here and there. Long stretching shadows were cast to the right, as the sun look half over the horizon on the right. Alexander thought it was a beautiful sight, what with all the colors not only in the sky, but also at the ground he was walking on. But he knew they weren't here for sightseeing. They had a mission. Coce' Vur started to talk about what decisions to take. ''Newbie. MR. You come with me. We're going right through the middle. John and Yahael. You're going along the sun side. Alexander. I want you taking the left.'' Of course he had to go alone. He was always sent alone. This made him the person that was talked to the least, in the group. But they knew damn well how good he was, at what he did. And so did he, so he accepted this fate. Although he didn't like Johnathan go with the girl he liked. But there wasn't anything he could, because everyone in the group 'is family'.
He hid in the shadows of the boulders, and watched his step. He thought he saw something move, thirty feet ahead, and raised his gun. Them? But it was already gone. He rested behind a third boulder, to look across the field. The three including the sergeant were behind. Yahael and 'his brother' were almost as far he was. Just a few more steps he thought. We'll take them out, right here, right now. At a the fourth and last boulder he waited for a signal. His heart rate wanted to go up, but he controlled himself. Breath slowly, Alex. They can hear you. He heard a click. A familiar one, that must mean the sergeant activated his grenade, and threw it. When Alex thought the grenade must be halfway across is para-bole, he heard a harsh sound, between a growl and a scream. He looked at their destination again, and one of 'the beasts' was standing up, covered in mud, as they always hid in the puddles. The beast that was longer than a man, with muscular legs used for sprinting and standing, arms used for grabbing and helping the sprint, and a head covered with five eyes and three horns, was charging at the middle group, followed by three more. Alexander's adrenaline started to rush, and got into the action. He stood up, and ran towards the last beast, guns blazing. Die, die, die! he thought, without letting one breath out of his mouth. He shot at the eyes, as they were easy to hit, and s serious advantage to the beasts. Now that it lost the ability to see with three of them, it raged it's claws around, trying to hit Alex. But as he had experience with those creatures, he knew how to move, and throw an activate grenade into it's very maw. Once he was sure the fowl and ugly thing would die, he ran towards another one, still hearing the sounds of battle from the other five of his team. He apparently assisted Yahael, while Johnathan was laying down on the ground, with only one arm. ''Ahw, mother****er! My arm!'' Quit whining, Alexander thought. I've lost much more. And they will die for it.
While he barely dodged a snapping jaw, Yahael shot a devastating blow into the creature's stomach, causing it to scream even louder, smack it's tail into the new guy that was coming up from behind, and fall over, as the girl he loved shot another lethal blow through it's head. The new guy got up quickly, fortunately, while Mark Rico and the sergeant were coming walking towards them, covered in blood, MR holding a loose horn. ''Good job, guys.'' Coce' Vur spoke. ''It's great they both see worse at night, and are easily tired, when the sun sets. Oh, and new guy. Give John a hand.''
The sun was completely under, while the sky was still colored. Alexander watched at the stars, wondering where the beasts came from. Where he came from. This planet is home to neither of the group, but as they were all born on the same tiny spot in the universe, he came from an even different place. How was he still human? How did he get here? None of it mattered anymore, as he remembered what they were fighting for. For their home. For their lives. For my dead family.

Just wanted to see if people could appreciate a story that was imagined right on the spot. That's right, I had no clue what I would write before I started this thread, and it all spawned right there and then. =D
I think I did pretty well, considering... I think I may do more of them, if you like them. Otherwise -or actually, either way- I will continue my big, massive, awesome, epic story of EVERYTHING.