• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Destiny Beta open to everyone

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
tower_gunsmith_1402389259.jpg

Bungie have announced that the Beta for their upcoming shared world shooter has been opened up to everyone so you no longer need a Beta key to access it.

Now if they can fix the Internet Connection Lost (canary) error I would be happy as played it for 5 hours on Wednesday with no issues at all and then yesterday I couldnt play it for more than 10mins without being booted with a connection lost error.​

You need a paid-for subscription to PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold, but other than that anyone can join in by downloading the beta from your console’s dashboard.

Bungie Statement from Blog

The Beta has been eye-opening so far. We’ve watched the world of Destiny come to life. Guardians from every platform have arrived at the Tower from their battles in the wild. We have watched your adventures with great interest, and listened to your feedback. Your missions have provided us with volumes of discoveries we can use to prepare for the launch of Destiny in September

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
How are you liking it so far Drakan? I think this game is pretty sick if you ask me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
How are you liking it so far Drakan? I think this game is pretty sick if you ask me.

I enjoyed what I managed to play a lot, on the Wednesday I played it for 4 hours straight. However for 2 days after that I was disconnected after 10mins every single time. Think I managed to rectify it on Sat with a reinstallation but then didn't get chance to try it properly Sunday. I'm glad I preordered & lots of friends who weren't really bothered about it are now going to buy it for sure. Just wish I could have got stuck in a little more, didn't get time to try the moon event either.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I enjoyed what I managed to play a lot, on the Wednesday I played it for 4 hours straight. However for 2 days after that I was disconnected after 10mins every single time. Think I managed to rectify it on Sat with a reinstallation but then didn't get chance to try it properly Sunday. I'm glad I preordered & lots of friends who weren't really bothered about it are now going to buy it for sure. Just wish I could have got stuck in a little more, didn't get time to try the moon event either.
I didn't have time to play until friday, I missed the moon and iron banner but I got to level 8 and got to play the Devil's Liar Strike. I love playing as the Hunter people are already complaining and asking to nerf the sniper rifle.

The leveling system needs work though. Enemies become bullet sponges.

After playing the Beta I feel like there isn't anything else good to play anymore.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Destiny has left a strange effect on me. I would like to think that the Beta isn't close to the final game, but it is. If that's what will be shipped at September I'll be disappointed on a personal level.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't have time to play until friday, I missed the moon and iron banner but I got to level 8 and got to play the Devil's Liar Strike. I love playing as the Hunter people are already complaining and asking to nerf the sniper rifle.

The leveling system needs work though. Enemies become bullet sponges.

After playing the Beta I feel like there isn't anything else good to play anymore.

I didn't get chance to finish a lot of missions & only managed to get to Level 7 (very close to 8). The levels are only really a gate to what armour/weapons you use. The skill branches are the real levels as you can continue to upgrade weapons & unlock new abilities even when you have maxed your level.

Could do with proximity chat option, ability for the matchmaking system to try & put you in same session as friends more often automatically & a better map. Having to bring up Ghost all the time to see objective markers can be irritating.

Destiny has left a strange effect on me. I would like to think that the Beta isn't close to the final game, but it is. If that's what will be shipped at September I'll be disappointed on a personal level.

Only things that left me disappointed should be fixed by release. Connection issues, having to jump through hoops to get party chat working, friend invites sometimes causing an error in fireteam etc. Heard some complaining about only having 1 area per planet to roam etc but that will be rectified with constant updates I imagine. PvP was a little unbalanced & not spectacular but it's Bungie & they will sort that, I'm more interested in co-op personally.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Bungie have answered some more questions from fans on IGN here.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I immediately noticed what you guys speak of but the game is so fun I just look over the dents, which I've never done in a game before. They will already be updating many things one specifically are the spider tanks (dont know what they are called) but they will have much more maneuverability and take longer to lock on to targets.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about regarding PVP, if you just pretend you had loadouts and at higher levels you had better weapons and customization no one would blink an eye. Of course a level 20 will be much better equipped then a level 10, games like cod have been doing this for years now.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I don't see what everyone is complaining about regarding PVP, if you just pretend you had loadouts and at higher levels you had better weapons and customization no one would blink an eye. Of course a level 20 will be much better equipped then a level 10, games like cod have been doing this for years now.

The levels/equipment from the main game are only carried over into the PVP in the Iron Banner playlist anyway. Most were moaning that vehicles etc were not balanced well enough and some abilities of characters were too powerful and fast to recharge. I cant comment as I only managed 10mins of PVP until it was disconnected each time.