• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Editing Weapons?

T

TearOfAvo

Editing Weapons?

Well on this site i've heard talk of people editing weapons. How is this possible? I'm not talking about augmentations or stuff liike that. One person made the Bereaver really big. How is that possible?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Editing Weapons?

I'm not sure how that works. I know what you're talking about though.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

To make anything bg you just need to go to the Scale Factor on the OBJECT or Creature file. It should be set to 1 but make it bigger just by increasing it.

Sorry if I couldn't be much more help, don't have FE at the moment.

T

TearOfAvo

OK. umm, I have TLC for the PC. can you help me out here. i don't understand anything that you just said

T

TearOfAvo

Yes very much so. I didn't know you could change things on Fable. I've just plyed it how it is. and i must say. I love that Solus Greatsword.

H

HodgePodge

Well, you could use the scale box to make a weapon bigger. To get to it, go here.

OBJECT>OBJECT_YOURWEAPONHER>Expand the list and go to Graphic. Expand Graphic and you will see the Scale Box.

Of course, the easier way is to import your wep's mesh into a 3d modelling program like Blender or 3ds Max :thumbsup:

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

im pretty good with ...tinkering with the weapons so i can answer the questions

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

What you need is Fable Explorer. ^_^

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

...its a program created by the legends of modding containing all the files you would EVER need

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

TearOfAvo;108013 said:
Fable Explorer? I am so confused
OldBoy;92349 said:
Modding Utilities

#Fable Explorer
Fable Explorer is your basic tool for editing, and using or making mods for Fable. It can edit almost all gamefiles Fable uses. You need it to create and load FMP's (Fable Mod Package). Info from the wiki here.
Fable Explorer needs the .net framework 2.0 (you can also use the installer).
;) :D

H

HodgePodge

You need the following tools.
  1. Fable Explorer-This displays all the files that make up Fable, and is used to export and import data before and after it has been modded, as well as editing game properties, such as where weapons are legal, or what model is used by what creature.
  2. Albion Explorer-Albion Explorer displays TNG's, which are basically the maps of Fable. It is used to make scripting easy, and Sephi has written a great guide to spawning chests with it, it's stickied in the Modding Section. Of course, Albion Explorer isn't absolutely necessary, and to spawn weird stuff, or stuff that there isn't a wizard for, you're going to need either the TNG Parser, or Notepad.
  3. Free-Roam Application- Aside from the fact that this lets you go anywhere you want in Albion, it also makes modding a lot easier. It extracts every TNG (Map) from the file that they are stored in, making them into individual files that you can edit with either AE, The TNG Parser, or, my favorite, Notepad :D
  4. Depending on what kind of modding you want to get into, you might want to download a modelling app, such as Blender or Milkshape, which is used to make new weapons and edit the shape of already existing ones. For retexturing and recoloring, you'll need a graphics editor, such as Photoshop, Paint.net, Paintshop Pro, or The GIMP.
You can get the first 3 tools here: FABLETLCMOD: Making our own destiny... and the modelling app and graphics editor can be googled. Hope this helped ;)

T

TearOfAvo

ya know what? this is all confusing. i think i'll just stick with playing fable how it was meant to be played no mods.

H

HodgePodge

Well, you don't have to actually make the mods. On that site I posted, you can find mods people have posted, and getting them to work is just a matter of loading them into FE. But hey, your choice :hmm:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

All you need, to make your weapon bigger is Fable explorer. Just download the program. It's not that confusing.

T

TearOfAvo

i don't know what FE is. and besides the computer i'm on is not the computer i play fable on so whats the point?

H

HodgePodge

Yea, droded wrote a step by step tutorial on Be A giant, Have a Giant's Weapon

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

TearOfAvo;108028 said:
i don't know what FE is. and besides the computer i'm on is not the computer i play fable on so whats the point?

TearOfAvo;108013 said:
Fable Explorer? I am so confused
OldBoy;92349 said:
Modding Utilities

#Fable Explorer
Fable Explorer is your basic tool for editing, and using or making mods for Fable. It can edit almost all gamefiles Fable uses. You need it to create and load FMP's (Fable Mod Package). Info from the wiki here.
Fable Explorer needs the .net framework 2.0 (you can also use the installer).

:unsure:
:unsure:

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

basically i think hes looking for where to get it