• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 needs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Fable 2 needs....

Throwing weapons!

When playing my big brutish, bald and heavily tattooed (â la Braveheart) barbarian type of character it just doesn't feel right to pull out a bow when I need some ranged firepower, putting my big Greataxe aside and picking up a small handaxe to throw between the eyes of my enemy feels more like the barbarian spirit.

Or when playing the sneaky assasin it just feels so wrong carrying a big bow on my back when I could have little poisoned darts do the work for me instead!

Also there should be something for the wizzardly types out there. I don't know if you're familiar with DnD (Dungeons and Dragons) but there are several spells there that create throwing weapons for Mages and Sorcerors in the shape of hand-held fireballs or magic discs ect.

Throwing weapons along with the added feature of guns would make ranged combat in Fable 2 be something really awsome, I think.

D

Darkside Hazuki

Re: Fable 2 needs....

Heh, who doesn't know of the legendary Magic Missile? Especially if you've seen Reno 911.

Bows suit assassins well, if you ask me... at least for the sort of time period Fable is set in, but yeah, ranged weapons would be interesting. Maybe some sort of boomerang-shuriken hybrid like that one in Ninja Gaiden. That would be useful, I'd think... though I can't imagine a pirate using something like that, if they do go with the colonial theme.

V

Vegeta

Great ideas +rep

Awesome man yeah they should make it where you can go on boats and find other boats and shoot cannon balls at them or be a ninja with a ninja outfit and weapons and go along with the assasin-Ninja theme...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Darkside Hazuki;24153 said:
Heh, who doesn't know of the legendary Magic Missile? Especially if you've seen Reno 911.

1d4+1 damage per missile, 1 missle plus another one each two levels with a maximum of five missiles at level nine.

Of course, the best spell there is...for level one.

Anyhow, that's not what I meant. There were some spells that created dart like weapons in the spellcaster's inventory, like handheld fireballs, that was equipped at once and had to be used as a thrown weapon quickly before the spell ended - with a huge attack bonus too boot!

D

Darkside Hazuki

Oh, I see. What little D&D experience I have is with Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, so I'm not really aware of anything like that... but it is an intuitive idea that one should hope the developers have also thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.