• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 Setting, Mood, Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

byLifeCamera

Reaction score
Fable 2/3 Setting, Mood, Graphics.

I dont know about any of you, but when the Harry Potter series got to be a little bit darker, and a little more mysterious, it became just a little bit better. I'm hoping that this will be the same situation for Fable III. All the concept art of these dark, haunting, and twisted forests made me think of how cool it would be. The robinhoodesque feeling of a setting provoked emotion. This happened just in a way i didnt want it to during Fable II, the spring half of the game was completely fantastic, it was a more inspiring mood to be in when playing fable, but the second you come back from the spire, it gets boring and turns to Fall.
a little variety Lionhead...i mean... Brightwood and Bower Lake are just copies of Greatwood, and Wraithmarsh if just a swampy Darkwood. No weather conditions, no color differences. In fact, there are almost no green tree's in the second half of the game at all!
If you go the Temple of Light in Oakfield there is a tiny forest right before you go up the pathway, its one of my favorite places in the entire game (for some reason?) THAT is how a forest in Fable III should be, a sandbox game, not an action game with multiple pathways.
Right before dungeons, forests in an RPG are the most important part of the gaming experience for me, nobody goes on main quests that take you into the middle of a Town square, unless a character is tellling you something. All the real action takes place in these two places (forests and dungeons) Lionhead, please improve on these concepts, your concept art was a winner, but not only did you reffure too much on the Fable I forest concept, you practicaly copied it.
Thoughts? How did you like these two settings in Fable II, A little too much, not enough, or juuust right?
From what i've read in other forums, the dungeons were a let down, seeign they all have the same architecture.

NfB4U.jpg

Fable-2-screenshot-Forest-fable-829796_1280_720.jpg

fable2forest.jpg

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Fable 2 Setting, Mood, Graphics.

i agree, i think fable is becoming abit more rounded off and more child-friendly i think. which is a let-down to the potential the fable series has.
sometimes having parts of the game to be hard to play, or challenging, or even gory or disturbing, is part of the game.

i remember peter moleneux saying how the games of today are becoming like movie, but to me, the game dont have as much atmosphere or realism to it.
im still buying it though...

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I thought it was great, I hated dark places like dungeons or caves. I'm more of a light person, I don't feel like playing anymore when I'm just in a cave or dungeon forced to take only one path.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Evan52395;389361 said:
I thought it was great, I hated dark places like dungeons or caves. I'm more of a light person, I don't feel like playing anymore when I'm just in a cave or dungeon forced to take only one path.

What does the darkness level of a place have to do with limiting the paths you can take...?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^It doesn't really, I was replying to two of his points in one sentence.

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

Evan52395;389361 said:

I dont either, but in Fable II they had a Lot of dungeons. The dungeons sucked, the least they could do is make the dungeons more unique, and use far less flint switches (cough knothole island) :'(

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

Dracelix;389360 said:
i agree, i think fable is becoming abit more rounded off and more child-friendly i think. which is a let-down to the potential the fable series has.
sometimes having parts of the game to be hard to play, or challenging, or even gory or disturbing, is part of the game.

i remember peter moleneux saying how the games of today are becoming like a movie, but to me, the game dont have as much atmosphere or realism to it.
im still buying it though...

I agree. There isnt enough...uniqueness. In fact, the bridges made of blue fire, the demon doors, and See the future problably were the most entertaining parts of the entire game! now dont get me wrong, Fable is one of my all time favorites~! But it has so much potential, and the devs havent been seeing it through to the end lately!BUT...
Fable III will be fantastic! the only part i'm a little concerned about, is the fact that it may require you to have a family, something i DONT want. I think Peter is making a game based on the whole emotion factor, what he doesnt understand is that some of us dont want to have an -in-game family and dont really care about the whole Fatherly/motherly realism thats being implamented.

Status
Not open for further replies.