• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Fable 3 has millions of flaws!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
'Fable 3 has millions of flaws!'

just got my copy of 360Gamer magazine (www.360-gamer.com). The title page is advertising a 'world exclusive hands on' of fable 3. I read the article, and have a few quotes for you to mull over.

'...he (PM) has just point blank refused to have a pr official sit in on his interview (with us), all but closing the door in the face of his would be handler because he truly wants to be as honest with the press as he possibly can'

'... first thing molyneux said to us when he walked in the door was "hi" as we shook hands. the second thing he said was "right, tell me everything you hated about the game" '

when the interviewers said that they couldn't find any faults with the game...

"don't be ridiculous" he spat as he picked up the pad. "look, look! Look! lets go and find one now"

just because i haven't got much time to type, im going to list everything molyneux thought was an 'issue':
-In the sanctuary, sometimes jasper (your butler), because he's wearing blue, and there is a different shade of blue in the background, is difficult to see

-a glitch with the map system where you don't appear exactly where you were if you enter the GUI map and then come out again.

- "There's no gold - There's no gold on the screen! How do i know how much gold i have"

and of course, the quote you all read this post to see, from PM's own mouth:

-"There's tonnes, there's millions of faults! There's millions of flaws!"

perfectionist or what.

thoughts?

edit: you know you want to +rep me

VicOnTop

Reaction score
Re: 'Fable 3 has millions of flaws!'

stress

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

joslen1;423961 said:
just got my copy of 360Gamer magazine (www.360-gamer.com). The title page is advertising a 'world exclusive hands on' of fable 3. I read the article, and have a few quotes for you to mull over.

'...he (PM) has just point blank refused to have a pr official sit in on his interview (with us), all but closing the door in the face of his would be handler because he truly wants to be as honest with the press as he possibly can'

'... first thing molyneux said to us when he walked in the door was "hi" as we shook hands. the second thing he said was "right, tell me everything you hated about the game" '

when the interviewers said that they couldn't find any faults with the game...

"don't be ridiculous" he spat as he picked up the pad. "look, look! Look! lets go and find one now"

just because i haven't got much time to type, im going to list everything molyneux thought was an 'issue':
-In the sanctuary, sometimes jasper (your butler), because he's wearing blue, and there is a different shade of blue in the background, is difficult to see

-a glitch with the map system where you don't appear exactly where you were if you enter the GUI map and then come out again.

- "There's no gold - There's no gold on the screen! How do i know how much gold i have"

and of course, the quote you all read this post to see, from PM's own mouth:

-"There's tonnes, there's millions of faults! There's millions of flaws!"

perfectionist or what.

thoughts?

edit: you know you want to +rep me

hes asking waht they hate about the game so they can improve it, he likes having a decent game, give the guy a break

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Robmokron;423975 said:
hes asking waht they hate about the game so they can improve it, he likes having a decent game, give the guy a break

no he isn't.
A. It states that this is the finished game in the interview. this is less than half a page of the 6 or 7 page article.

B. None of the interviewers say they could find anything that they would class as an error, flaw, issue, etc. and then Peter decided to point out everything he didn't like about his game. but the point is, the issues listed AREN'T issues!!! the Jasper/wall thing, the blues are 'completely different' as stated by the interviewers

C. you think fable 3 is going to be DECENT? What is wrong with you??? also, being a perfectionist means "striving for perfection".

wait. he doesn't like a decent game. contrary to the amusing motivational poster, PM doesn't strive for mediocrity.

VicOnTop

Reaction score

it is not the 'gold' copy. they are debugging as we speak. the game is finished, but now they have all the dev looking for the flaws as well

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

debugging almost never includes cosmetic issues, for example, altering a shade of blue on an outfit or a wall.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

joslen1;424323 said:
debugging almost never includes cosmetic issues, for example, altering a shade of blue on an outfit or a wall.

you'd be amazed waht debugging involves,
flee powder, tick baths, some times you just have to go the whole hog and shave it all off!;)

Nightwishes

Reaction score

Every game is going to have it's flaws and i think PM was just shocked they couldnt find anything so he deliberately pointed out flaws that he knew were there (and maybe they were going to fix?)

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

I think that his criticism of Fable III is great. Not many Devs would openly criticise and take apart their game in front of some people that you are relying on to praise and love it. I' m just hoping good ol' Peter remembers to remove them before the shipping date ! :p

Now you may have your rep :D

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score

LOL if he wanted to be a real *** we might read it as him being sarcastic or sth. haha

But on a more serious note, PM is known to be a perfectionist and all the criticism on fable 2 probably got him wondering how come there are "no flaws" in fable 3.
If you guys remember, in one of his interviews, he said that he always goes back to the old games and points out all its flaws so that the next game will or might be even better than the previous one. Maybe they're already doing Fable 4? =O

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score

joslen1;423961 said:
perfectionist or what.

i have to agree with you there. i alway did think of him as a perfectionist personally, he just sounds like it in all the interviews. so correct me if im wrong in sayin fable 2 was an awesome game and won many awards but peter said that it was basiccaly crap

Matt_352

Reaction score

It's good that he's striving for perfection, can turn a really good game into a great game

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;424345 said:
you'd be amazed waht debugging involves,
flee powder, tick baths, some times you just have to go the whole hog and shave it all off!;)

normally i would groan, but i quite liked that one

it was great that he shut the door in the PR reps face, just because he wanted to be honest. and his ability to find faults in his swan song, per se, is an 'in the eye of the beholder' thing. if almost any of us played the game, i doubt we'd find any faults in it. it is that element of self consciousness people have about their own work

darkblossom

rukia kuchiki
Reaction score

hope they fix them before i buy or fable 3 i wont buy

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

darkblossom;424459 said:
hope they fix them before i buy or fable 3 i wont buy
You need to actually read the interview, then make another statement..

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;424464 said:
You need to actually read the interview, then make another statement..

I agree. The article explains that the things Peter M classes as flaws aren't actually flaws as any normal gamer would think. they're tiny little irregularities that PM isn't happy with, because Fable 3 is his prodigal son/daughter/thing, and parents want their children to be as perfect as they can be, because they love them.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score

These are minor faults you cant see your gold is the biggest but you will probabally just need to go into the treasury room and it will say there hopefully :p

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score

joslen1;424470 said:
I agree. The article explains that the things Peter M classes as flaws aren't actually flaws as any normal gamer would think. they're tiny little irregularities that PM isn't happy with, because Fable 3 is his prodigal son/daughter/thing, and parents want their children to be as perfect as they can be, because they love them.

i love that metephor you have there, it made me smile (i dont know how its not meant to be funny)

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Fable 3 FTW;424472 said:
These are minor faults you cant see your gold is the biggest but you will probabally just need to go into the treasury room and it will say there hopefully :p

the entire quote was a bit confusing relating to that particular issue. (something like 'theres no gold-THERES NO GOLD ON THE SCREEN! how do i know how much money i have') this quote could be read a variety of different ways, the least worrying being there is no number, just sizeable piles of gold, the worst being that the gold doesn't always appear (visual glitch). we won't find out quite what he meant until release, unless of course the fumigation squad of lionhead programmers kill all the bugs.

jb0wns;424476 said:
i love that metephor you have there, it made me smile (i dont know how its not meant to be funny)

don't ya jus' lurve accurate metaphors!?!:wub::wub:

sfroggy1;424375 said:
I think that his criticism of Fable III is great. Not many Devs would openly criticise and take apart their game in front of some people that you are relying on to praise and love it. I' m just hoping good ol' Peter remembers to remove them before the shipping date ! :p

Now you may have your rep :D

Merci Beaucoup, as they say in france

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Round of applause for Peter for being honest and not claiming the game is the best thing ever made and will break all grounds every RPG has set before it. Because we all know that it wont and its nice to see him picking fault. Every game in history has flaws and some bugs i just hope he isnt overly critical of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.